Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
1.st Indian Fire Gathering happens in Goa 2008

(*pls check this IP frequently, as it'll be constantly updated)

Non-Https Image Link

- PM or call me @ +91 9922 468 101

Volunteers:

Anyone willing to devote time to the project? welcome

Happy new year hug

Namaste-ji

PS: location images

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Please grant me pardon on a set of rules:

- Firebreathing will not be permitted, nor tolerated anywhere on the premises.

- Heavy intoxication will not be welcomed

We might have local children attending on Wednesday - definitely during these times we will kindly ask anyone using recreational drugs to leave the premises and not come back.

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1201933409)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Now to keep you updated:

It seems as if this is going to be a community project with a many beautiful (fire)brothers and sisters involved and present considerations about "where" goes to Hilltop (between Anjuna and Vagator) - beautiful location with shade, showers and accomodation...

As to the timing, there are varying aspects: January, just after new years, or February. Anyone knows when Universities have their holidays/ students have to be back in Europe?

The call also goes out to the brothers and sisters, who are willing and able to come and give workshops in other disciplines - as well as in fire too (like Clubs, Rings, Contact, Acrobatics, etc).

Personally I learnt woodlegs at the "Escuela nacional de Circo" in Rio and will provide a workshop on woodlegs/ stilts, bring my Durastilts (maybe Rower Risers too) and have some (old fashioned) built here. I was taught valuable exercises... happy to share them with you.

Maybe we will be able to hold workshops in

"How to make your own costume"
"How to make, or manipulate 'exotic' firetoys"

Really anyone considering to come to India next season and add to the festival, and maybe even wants to volunteer is receiving many grouphug s.

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
Ummm,...sounds interesting!!

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
mmm... India...
I'll be thinking...

Love, Love, Love...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
It not only sounds interesting - it will be... smile ubblove ubbidea

We're considering to put up shades, so people can well train all day. There is plenty of space and I will work as hard as I can to provide (different) toys to play with. Maybe we can also put up for other circus skills... India is cheap, not as illness infested as the rumours go and simply: magic.

All that talk about missing parties and "if you want party, go Thailand" is not correct. THere are parties, maybe not as frequent and as long as in Thailand, but personally I can't complain about the amount of dancing I had in the past few days at all. Funny enough those people who complain about "not enough parties" are not seen on the dayparties - which could easily be followed up with some spinning.

jnatanSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
This gathering is happening? More info please! Now at least once in my life i got a good reason to come to goa. Why Hilltop? Chapora fort instead? Ashwem would be more peaceful i think. And isn't there parties all-day-long in Hilltop? I would prefer January after new years eve, most people are on holiday in europe, in finland at least.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Scouting for the site will not be happening before October.

I'm dedicated to make arrangements and willing to spend (at least) time to make this happening. I want to make this a community event - not a personal issue or suitable to promote a few individuals and their private workshops only.

Why HillTop? Why not Chapora Fort or elsewhere?

Where would you have the space and commodoties? A small group could be hosted in a private compound - but not a crowd. HillTop has got palmtrees (=shade), has got toilets and showers, designed for a few hundred ppl. They've got a restaurant, guest rooms/ accomodation. I think it's THE perfect location. Chapora Fort does not cater for a convention and is Goan heritage... HillTop is 5 minutes from Vagator beach... Where in Ashwem? Rani's place? Ashwem beach is fabulous, but where would you find someone willing (and able) to host a crowd of firespinners? Rani has got a Hippie place, there is a hole in the ground serving as a toilet... But I will be talking to Rani and others, listen to what they think and certainly keep you posted.

(Day)Parties in HillTop are on Saturdays (so far). Would there be a problem to do the convention from - say Tuesday to Friday, have a party on Saturday and a "Gala-show" on Saturday night?

I understand the preference for (early) January, will keep it in mind, yet in January not only the Europeans are on holidays, but the Indians too. It's packed, everywhere. End of January/ start of Feb it's getting a bit more easy...

ramdassBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
hi tom,

i will surely be in india this winter and plan to come to the south in february and would love to be part of this event. i don't know goa but in case i've got 2 helping hands.
it's a really good thing to make this happen.

fire + love, shamir

jai radhe-shyam

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
goa is the roxxors for spinning training. I've never trained more than I did in Goa. Day after day, week after week. IMHO Goa beats the crap out of anywhere I went in Thailand too.

Its like Goa is the traditional dish, whereas Thailand is the modern adapted for Western Palate dish.

Still - during January goa is rammed with euros and israelis... lots of parties, and mopeds, not many places to stay

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Heyas

Shamir - it would rock to have you on the team/ in the workshops bounce Highly welcome

Josh - Thailand has it's places and moments and I will go there every now and then, but I feel my heart pounds for INdia.

January being pretty crowded is my reason for suggesting first week of Feb. But hey, I am open to any reasonable suggestions and will investigate/ talk/ come back to you on the outcome. BTW neither Euros nor Israelis are that bad company wink

As for the location: I will take anything into consideration. Ashwem is nice, close to Arambol, Morjim, really anything reasonable will be looked into. I will take pictures of the locations in question and post them here.

peace Namaste

ramdassBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
I'm on board for workshops and other stuff - for sure with joy and pleasure.

when the dates are fixed i can plan accordingly - best is sometime in february but also the end of january would be ok.

namaste, fire and love

jai radhe-shyam

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Im REALLY thinking about a long trip to India again.
I'll chat to you next week about it Shamir
Tom - PM sent
I have many contacts for agents throughout India from my time living there before. Maybe we can organise a BIG show that tours?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
I'm considering coming out for this. I don't yet have much of anything on next year, so a longer trip is not out of the question. Maybe I could come document the affair? I'll be watching for more info.
grouphug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
MMMmmm - gets more and more attractive!!
Kyle - Hope you had fun at Uber, can believe I didnt get to bump into you anywhere in Europe, hopefully Woodford or Indeed India, Sir

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
1) It seems as if my DuraStilts finally arrived fine and without harm in Goa, along with a few clubs, juggling rings and balls... could be a starter for some wicked workshops (I'll teach stilt walking - juggling I am an apprentice myself).

2) Anyone knows Bryans S-shaped firesticks? They are on sale in Bangkok now. I'm considering to get a pair and take them to Goa too, hoping to find someone able to teach me.

3) Now to what Rob has inspired me to: Anyone interested in training street performance? Anyone out there capable of teaching street performance? I would love to include this in the gatherings workshops.

Peas and carrots

PS: Namaste-ji Rob, it was good fun to have you, greetz and hug z to Merlin-/ Jake- and Sophie-darlings. I will send you proposals for flights as soon as... 3 dayz.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Hmmm. I'm considering coming on my way to Bali... smile

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Wha... ubbloco

That'd be awesome.... hug

*gets nervous*

Need me checking on airfares GOI-DPS or GOI-BKK(-DPS)??? Drop me a note.

smile

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
I should be in India for January but will be busy untill the start of Feb so this could be perfect.

Ill look into it...... smile

"Don't do it naked!"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
we want your body AND soul wink please come

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
For me it's just a crazy idea. I was hoping to be in Bali by then... and I have some projects on the go there... but it also sounds pretty fun and I have the habit of following my crazy dreams wink

So no promises but we'll see...

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

PooKaSILVER Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
for me it's getting shure!!!! bounce clap
EDITED_BY: pooka (1191025593)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
uh oh that would be so lovely biggrin

I'm leaving tonight... oh man oh man oh man... I'm excited bounce ubbrollsmile bounce2

Ran into G "Hyperscarface" in Pra Sumen the other day and he should be on his way already... So we'll be the first arrivals of spinnindia

sunny

Nick - no promises needed. No expectations - no hard feelings in the end. Projects in Bali???

Would you open up a Bali-thread or let me know what you're doing where why and when? ubblol I know "curiosity kills the cat" ... rolleyes

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
[Post deleted for accidental double posting]
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1191740551)

jb510BRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
Hear Hear... open up a Bali thread my friend. I've been wanting to come visit or months. However, I'll definite be in the US from Nov-Jan... after that everything is fuzzy but I'd LOVE to come visit Bali when I return to Asia next year.

Sorry Tom, virtually no chance of me making it back to Goa for the fire fest although it sounds wonderful.

Hey are you all healed up? 100%? last time I saw you your were pretty messed up.

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
i'll be in india janurary and feb. would love to join everyone for some firey fun!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Ohhh, honored by a three-digit HoPer wow

I certainly keep you on top of my guestlist biggrin

Jon - I'm 98% back in shape - you know only sitting with my legs x-ed for two hours meditating, gives me insane pain.... then again, I only use it as an excuse wink Seriously, it's going okay and learned from the experience, took biking boots with me and drive more careful. You can't make it ubbcrying sad... but you'll enjoy Bali, man it's a nice place... can hardly wait to see some more of your fantastic photos.... bounce

Talked to Hilltop manager today and he's sounding positive about the plan, will discuss it tomorrow with a friend and then come back on me. As it seems he is planning to get the place more frequented with non-party activities and would be even happy to have such crazyness in his compound - he doesn't know what he's getting himself into and I'll not going to tell him wink

ramdassBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
i am heading to india in two days ubbrollsmile
any news about location, time etc. ?
looking forward to the gathering...
fire + love
hug

jai radhe-shyam

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Hey Ramdass hug
Happy travels! hope to see you soon. Or later.

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
So youre off Shamir
Good luck, may you find your path lit string and true. Full of your hopes and dreams as reality.
Give my Love to Mother India
Namaste Gee
Love. Peas and Happiness

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
No news so far Shamir, except that we're tripping on each others toes over excitement that you're coming bounce

When can we roll out the red carpet for you in Goa?

ramdassBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
thank you all for the best wishes...hug

mother is greeting back sir !!

i guess i will not arrive in goa before the week after the 20th of january - still got a beutifull path to go until then...
and the red carpet will not be needed - probably i will just use my flying carpet biggrin

love, hugs and fire - shamir

jai radhe-shyam

Page: