Forums > Social Chat > Alcohol - Good or bad?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Severly burnedmember
10 posts

Posted:
Am I the only one that thinks alcohol is bad?
The fact that you need alcohol to get social and funny. That you need alcohol to be a good mixer?
Anyway I don't hang out with people that drinks, so I don't really understand the fun with drinking. . What i really don't understand is the young that only drinks to be cool, to fit in, don't they have a mind of there own. To not remember the next morning where they have been under the night. Hope that you can give me some clearing in this matter.

Coca cola is the drink

..:Ø_Ø_Ø:..

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Flid - please leave your posts on as believe it or not they do make perfect sence and are as funny as hell. On top of that they point out one thing most peps have been saying on here already. Alcohol is apart of our culture and its not going anywhere soon. And that drinking in moderation is cool as drunk peps can be really funny!!......
doh, someone spotted them

they are saved on my computer, if other people want em i'll repost them

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Ah yes Flid, but as you said, "completely drunk". Thats a little different from one or two drinks, as my post referred to. So there!

And second... alcohol always worked as a number for me actually... or maybe it just makes you forget about the pain faster... either way.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Not number, geez Im abounding with malapropisms tonight. I meant pain killer.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i guess. I still wouldn't drive or use fire after drinking. I did fire after a beer once and whilst it all went fine looking back it wasn't a good call.

Toreador VampBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
Depending on where I am and who I am out with normally makes the differance. On the whole I am the only one in my main circle of friends that drives so therefore I am the driver, have been for as long as I have been driving and have always stayed off the drink if I am driving. I have seen to many case histories of people that thought they could handle a drink or 2 and then drive home. Same is true with drugs, although i have never seen the point in them. If I am somewhere where i dont need to drive then i have a couple of drinks but not normally to excess.

With regards to Fire. I have played with it after drinking, got a bit to close. Now the rule amoungst the people i hang around with is if you have been drinking your not playing with fire and if I have been drinking stop me from playing with it.

Anyway I like to remember what happened the night before when i wake up, and I can have just as much fun not drinking (and taking the piss out of those that over did it) as I can drinking.

This is just my opinion, I don't judge others by my "standards". We are all adults(well most of us are) and can make our own choices.

Vamp

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life
-- Terry Pratchett-Jingo

Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.

smoke_n_shadowsmember
3 posts

Posted:
ivan, im hurt, i think its a little early in our relationship to be using such nasty words.

saying that, i would never get pissed an do something that would be likely to cause me serious harm. fire poi are not particularly dangerous. yes it may hurt a little when u hit yourself and you may singe some hair, but unless you're a total retard, and you may well be, who am i to say, then fire poi, and drunken fire poi pose no serious danger unless you step outside the boundaries of what is safe practice.

i think it all depends on the individual as to whether or not they're safe playin with fire when mashed

the life you live's the truth you cant disguise

Krystelmember
26 posts

Posted:
Well said Vamp -

In regards to playing with fire whilst under the influence of anything - alcohol or drugs i thought i quickly share one of my bad experiences.

While at a party and having a few quiets my mate decieded to teach me how to breathe fire - that was cool coz i was sober but later on one of the guys decieded hed give it a go - he said he'd done it b4 and knew what he was doing.
I stood beside him a watched as the ball of fire backdraft and went all over his face, hands and neck! It was the most horrible thing to watch and i still haven't got that imagine out of my head and it happened months ago.
Luckily we got him under water quick enough and he was ok but with bad burns to his neck and hands!

Im not saying that something that bad will happen but when you mix fire and alcohol the chances of something going wrong are much higher than if you are sober or straight. I may be more fun but is it really worth it in the end?

Why be a second rate version of somebody else when you can be a first rate version of yourself!

Page: