Forums > Social Chat > Smile! It's good for you

Login/Join to Participate

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
So I was trawling the highly emotive "Hotties on HoP" thread yesterday at work when I came across a post (can't remember who it was by now) that said people smile when they're happy, but it works in reverse as well.

Well, I thought I'd try it as I was feeling a bit crappy about myself, so I forced my face in to a manic grin and held it for about 15 seconds. After about 8 seconds, I actually started laughing for real. It really cheered me up, so I thought I'd share it with you lot!

So. I want everyone reading this to put a big manic grin on your face and hold it for 20 seconds. Show some teeth! If you start laughing for real, post it up here and share the giggles! If I make a few people laugh for no reason whatsoever, my work here is done... ubblol

Smiling is fun, everyone should do it more biggrin hug

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I do that all the time! And it works! biggrin

Until people start telling you you look creepy...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I've been walking round with an insane grin laughing to myself since yesterday lunchtime. I've had some odd looks at work.... biggrin

If your real grin looks anything like the one in your avatar, I'm not surprised people are telling you it's creepy wink

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
i was told this joke and i didnt think it was funny but the person who told me cracked up when they said it, they really thought it was funny.

then i was at a party and i thought i would tell that joke. the moment i started to talk i starting to laugh by the end of the joke no one thought it was funny but i had tears coming out of my eyes.

the joke is
you say : ask me how my crocodile is going
they say: how is your crocodile going?
you say: i dont have a crocodile.
you say: ask me if im a crocadile
they say : are you a crocodile
you say: no

i dont know why it is funny to say it to someone can anyone get back to me on that ubbloco

are you gonna drink that?

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Hehe! This thread made me remember this one time:

I was at a friends place, nothing major, just chilling and chatting, when all of a sudden I thought of something really funny. I started giggling at first, but it got worse, and after a while I was rolling on the floor, crying and laughing so hard! My friends thought I was a total nutcase!

But thats the joy of me, hehe!

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
i have one particular memory which happened almost 13 years ago but STILL i can't help but smile and laugh out loud at the thought of it!

i find when i am feeling a bit crap smiling at service people in shops really helps. most of the time they are pleasently surprised and genuinely smile back, then i realise that something as simple as smile can make someone else feel good, and i should do it more often.

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
now some may consider this mean but...
my dog, gus, likes to sleep at my feet for the first part of the night...i turn off the lights, climb under the covers and then he jumps up
for some reason the other night, he missed. and i felt him hit the bed and then i heard a thump thump. i was laughing so hard i had tears. my dad comes in the room cause it was so loud he thought i had fallen and was crying. gus is sulking across the room as i try to tell my father what happened
the next day i was telling my ex the story and started laughing really hard again and gus got up walked away across the room and gave me a dirty look

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed