MordfabrikSILVER Member
31 posts

Posted:
Hello. Does anyone know whether meteors are considered an illegal weapon in Canada, or not, and whether this includes different construction techniques? I'm worried about having mine confiscated, most chain weapons are indeed illegal here.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Think it would likely depend on how the law is interpreted. Someone could probably argue that chain fire poi is a weapon. wink

Best bet I think would be to contact your local police. Although that might just draw attention to something they would have never considered before.

Hmmm, might very well come down to how you're using it. If one is reckless or endangering the safety of others..... I'd call it a weapon and confiscate it.

N.B. I am not a law enforcement officer, nor do I play one on HoP. tongue

SoverntearSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
they could be considered, i mena hell my 1 inch spikes for my collar are "apperently" weapons, that is they were untill i shaved them down 1mm so they were 24 mm. it all depends on how much the cop wants to hump his badge

MordfabrikSILVER Member
31 posts

Posted:
Hey, just as a future reference in case any other Canadians want to know this kind of thing:

I spoke with a lawyer last week who ran this by her colleagues and even got input from a Crown judge:

These pieces of equipment used for artistic purposes arent deemed to be restricted weapons at all, so long as they're being used for their intended purposes - performance. If you have any problems with them, simply explain the purpose of the equipment and show the officers involved the non-lethal design and explain the intent.