Forums > Social Chat > how do you get poi work for ibiza clubs?

Login/Join to Participate

cybermumsueSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
can anyone give me some contacts as to ask people for poi work for freebie tickets etc in ibiza clubs?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
well.................................from what you've posted i would suggest getting good enough to get noticed by the promoters in clubs.

not meaning to sound nasty but nobody knows a thing about you so that makes it hard to give advice................................ya gettaz???

do you have public liabilty insurance, do you have cover for fire etc???

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
insurance is a must i agree with ravehead, do you have a site? are you part of a group?...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
eek someone agreeing with me eek

this must be falce................or am i talking sence???

"you decide" ubblol

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
performance experience,very high quality(manufacture)
props,fuel drop removals techniques,risk assesments,methods of not leaving thefloor
covered in fuel(a pieceof carpet,a mop when you have finisihed)a reasonable level of skill cos for deffinate there will be poi players in thecrowd,

on a more positve note,self belief,a dash of luck,the will to suceed, coupled with a love for what you do andan origional style will get you far
so will a good agent and a funky/sexy costume

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
again I have to agree (the costume helps a lot)

Rave I only agreed because...well appart from making a little sense.. we can't brow-beat you all the time...well we CAN but it's fun to lift your hopes a little before we all start disagreeing again wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

cybermumsueSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
fair enough. my website is www.fireflypoiacademy.co.uk

see for yourself!

thanks for the help!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hello there Sue!

Welcome to HOP! hug

I have no idea about how to get gigs in ibiza, but I offer the following advice:

1) Stop the automatic music on your site. 9/10 visitors to your site will immediately be reaching for the volume control to turn it off. It also makes users wonder why their computer has suddenly started making noises.

2) Never, ever perform for free (unless it is for friends, family or charity) as clubs are well known for taking advantage of spinners, by getting them to perform for free/ alcohol, simply because we love spinning. By doing free work for entry or drinks, you are putting those people who make a living out of performing, out of business. You should be charging around £100 PER PERSON for about 20 mins work. Of course this depends on if the club wants you to use fire, how long they want the performance to be, how many performers they want etc.

3) Just a question about something I saw on your site: "Sue Parsons is a quailfied Poi instructor" - Umm.. qualified by whom? I'd love to be a qualified poi instructor too. smile

ubbrollsmile

(4) My Grandad has a caravan in Reculver smile )

organic_poiSILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
why does it have to be fire poi in a club-why not glow poi?