Forums > Other Toys > balloons for modelling

Login/Join to Participate

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
just wondering if anybody knows ewhere i can get decent quality modelling balloons without the hefty price tag? i'm just getting into modelling and it's so much fun, but i'm getting fed up of balloons bursting on me cause they're crap quality!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Zolgar_the_InsaneSILVER Member
22 posts

Posted:
>.>

.... You could fill balloons with methan, and light them on fire!....

... Sorry, had to do it.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity.

.... I ran away from the genius side.

clubitnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
i know how you fell i hav been trying to fined them too. ther is a place in germany that you can order over the internet. the site is "www.pappnase.de." there packs of 100 for 12.50 euro

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
bout normall, you want qualatex baloons i think, they are good, but dear, should be able to find them somwhere for around 10euro a bag.

bovril will know the best... bovv!!!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i've been looking at the qualatex balloons, but they're so damn expensive. i don't wanna spend a fortune on things which are just gonna end up being burst and binned!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Qualatex really are one of the only brands that you can count on.

Last christmas, im my stocking I recieved some modelling baloons which obvioulsy my mother had seen, thought of me and bought them.
I cried becuase they were not qualatex.
It took me 4 baloons to make one of these for my mums boyfriend on christmas morning, whereas it would have taken me one if I had qualatex.

Trust me... they are well worth the money. ubbrollsmile

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I'm only new and learning as I go by teaching myself... and I bought qualatex balloons. Sure, they're that bit more expensive, but as the others have said.. they don't burst as easily. I think I've had one actually burst on me and thats only because I put too much air in (even then, took ages for it to burst). Unless you want something which will burst halfway through tying it up... you may need to pay the larger price

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
yups - qualatex are the way, expensive but worth it, especially if you are just learning - it will end up costing you more in balloons as you will bust most of them if you go with cheaper ones (not to mention that it will be anoying for you) pay for the quality smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dave apparently there is a shop in chorlton that sell balloons quality ones not qualatex though about £6 for 100

Ohh and Hoppy Birthday!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival