Page:
PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I am a complete addict... I'm still reasonably new 2 HoP... so heres a conversation starter...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
In FF7 i raised an entire stable full of Gold Chocobos AND defeated Emerald Weapon AND Ruby Weapon.
[/nerdy boasting]
The saddest part is that i'm actually really proud of that.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I'm not as addicted as u r then... still need 2 finish 7,8,9 and only had a tiny go of 10.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I seen the film.. does that count?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
The films cool 2... I wish I looked like certain peeps they come up with for Final Fantasy... Quistis, Rinoa, Lulu...

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
One...one of the fonder memeroies of living at home...staying up all night in the elusive quest to get that sodding Golden Chocobo, with my little bro when he was in a more...sociable...mindset (damn teenagers, why can't they grow up quicker eh?)

And when I went home last weekened...he was playing it again lol. Gotta love that Chocobo music

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
See I'm nowhere near that level of being so bloody good and darn annoying regarding FF.

3,149 posts

Posted:
quote:
Gotta love that Chocobo music
I've got it as a ringtone on my phone. I've only assigned it to people that have managed to breed the Gold Chocobo though

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I played FF7 about 4 years ago, and I think I managed to get through half of it. I think it'd time I pick it up again, don't you?

The Spirits Within had absolutely NOTHING to do with the games though, so I was disapointed with that.

Kinudin

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Me want me want... if ur on Lycos send it 2 meeee.... funnily enuf I'm
snowy_lisle@lycos.com

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Me! Me! I did!!!

I called him Derek...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Derek?

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Whats wrong with Derek?

He was a unbeatable racer I'll have you know

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Fair enuf... just acheesy name that all...

NB: I'm not being nasty to any Dereks

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
hehe

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
dunno, could never get into FF as a game...Still think Phantasy Star rules j00..Film es cool tho

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Final Fantasy 6 was by far the greatest one ever... the PS editions later all fell sort of short with me. Kefka is definitely the greatest bad guy in FF history, IMHO.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever heard of 8-Bit Theater ? It's a comic done with graphics from the original FF (also called a "sprite comic"). I also have one of my own, which is a merger between Mega Man and Final Fantasy (all 16+ bit characters) which will be online relatively soon.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

3,149 posts

Posted:
You retro fetishist Dio

I'm a fan of old 2d sprites myself. Its a much forgotten art these days.

You almost certainly know it already, but in case you don't, the Games Sprite Archive is a funky resource for old sprites from loads of different formats.

1,148 posts

Posted:
yey..nice one simian..thas my link o the day pik

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

best game evah

[ 12. April 2003, 04:24: Message edited by: musashii ]

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey if you guys liked the film, you'll LOVE 'The Final Flight of Osiris', a computer generated episode in 'The Animatrix', an anime anothology to be the part of the next releases of 'The Matrix'
erm, lots of fan service.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

1,148 posts

Posted:
Animatrix

Ars Pyronomica

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
1 started it all.. not just because it was the first (because technically it wasnt... *%$%^$%^ Japan)... 2 captured everyones hearts.. (and had the most secret shit of any of the games.. anyone remember the pink tail?) 3 or 6 for you young ones.. had the best story.. (especially if you got shadow in the world of ruin and took him to the opera house and slept.. and got those 4 scenes that only happend once ever on the SNES version.. haven't played the PS version enough to see if it was the same).. 5 kept with tradition, but it pretty much sucked.. they experimented too much with that one.. 7 rocked, because of the graphical change from 3->7 since that's how it went here in america.. 8 was by far the best graphics and a pretty damn cool story (not quite as good as 7's story, but more real I guess).. 9 was a ****ing joke, but I bought it and beat it anyway... And 10, well.. There's not really much I can say for the FF crew except that they are slacking.. It was a good rebound from 9, but wasn't great in overall comparison.. story or playing..

They are realeasing some more oldies this year and FF x2 the only continuation in FF history.. Which I think is utterly STUPID.. It breaks tradition, but then again they've kinda ****ed themselves up by passing FF around to different directors each game.. anf FF 11.. Which is going to be completely online compatible like ever-crack.. It will be the first FF for you to pick a race and will be running around a 30k person server.. Japan tests have gone really well..

AS far as the movie.. well.. hollywood got a hold of it.. That's not FF's fault.. They wanted FF name and graphics but changed it to a hollywood story.. ****ing hollywood.. ****ing Final Fanatasy selling out.. BAH....

Yeah I'm old and cranky.. acutally I'm only 23, bt I remember when Final Fantasy got all the props and actually deserved it..

Anyone ever watch the Final Fantasy Anime that's been out forever?

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Simian:

In FF7 i raised an entire stable full of Gold Chocobos AND defeated Emerald Weapon AND Ruby Weapon.
[/nerdy boasting]
The saddest part is that i'm actually really proud of that.

You bastard! I managed to raise a couple of Gold Chocobos but never got even close to beating either of the hidden Weapons.

FF6 was without question the best of all the Final Fantasies.The surveys even say so.

I thought 8 sucked but 7 & 9 were great.Haven't played 10 yet.I have wasted countless hours of my life playing these games.

And then playing them again.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
5 and 6 were the best. I hate all the ones after that.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
people.. the weapons weren't shit.. were you people not true freaks.. that was all the easy stuff.. the hard stuff was getting the master MAgic, summon, and command materia.. so that you got EVERYTHING... with only 3 slots.. and could use the rest for specifics life final attack + life.. although having all of my summons get cast 2twice at full power (then mimic'd for a total of 6 knights of the round..), was just god awful destruction.. tee hee hee..

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rev:

people.. the weapons weren't shit.. were you people not true freaks.. that was all the easy stuff.. the hard stuff was getting the master MAgic, summon, and command materia.. so that you got EVERYTHING... with only 3 slots.. and could use the rest for specifics life final attack + life.. although having all of my summons get cast 2twice at full power (then mimic'd for a total of 6 knights of the round..), was just god awful destruction.. tee hee hee..
Knights of the Round ... truly the coolest summon ever.They really need to bring that one back.

729 posts

Posted:
In there an abridged form, perhaps? A summon lasting 1 1/2 MINUTES is somewhat counterproductive... maybe if you had the 13 Knights the same way FFX summons leap out? Teehee.... Yay tall red Magus Sister.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
no lie they do need a skip button, because throwing KotR 6x/rd is ****ing irratating, but only the weapons could tak it more the one round..
hehehe

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i won't do it if people think it'll be spoiling the game but if anyone wants me to i'll tell you all how to breed gold chocobos in ff7.

you won't believe how easy it is - i've had so many i have to keep letting them go otherwise i can't breed any more

wherever you go, there you are.

729 posts

Posted:
In related news, I've just begun on the Xenosaga adventure... and am absolutely enthralled by this game.

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
oh my god! i'm so glad someone mentioned phantasy star! takes me back it does.

Page: