• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Meet Others > Traveling to UK, Ireland, Europe in June & July

Login/Join to Participate

tarajo
BRONZE Member since Jun 2006

tarajo

Total posts: 18
Posted:wavehelloHello, I am looking to connect with new HOP friends while on vacation in June and July. My husband and I will be at a wedding in London the first of July and want to travel around for a few weeks. We don't have a set plan of where we will go yet, thinking about Ireland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands???

Does anyone want to meet and play? weavesmiley

EDITED_BY: tarajo (1168905535)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

Delete Topic

steaks
SILVER Member since Dec 2005

steaks

former manc tour guide

Total posts: 1909
Posted:In London Village there are the Clapham Meets, pretty regularly on Clapham Common. There is also Spitts meets and possibly a couple of other circus/spinny type things going on in and around london over the Summer.
Manchester has pretty Big meets about once a month and smaller meets a bit more regularly and things can be organised really quickly.
many other towns and cities right across the UK and Ireland have decent sized meets pretty consitantly over the summer. Full details of all of them can be found in the Events Ang Gaterings pages on HoP
Also if you are around June/July time you should keep an eye out for details on Play Festival for when and where it will be in 2007.
Netherlands have pertty big meets quite regularly in all major cities and I have heard there are fire spins in a couple of parks in Paris every Saturday night. I can find out more info on this if you want it through friends in Aus (french guys backpacking)
Luxembourg and Belgium I can't help withbut I'm sure if you look around the events and gatherings section and use the search feature you will find more info and people to contact smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

Helen_of_Poi
SILVER Member since Apr 2004

Helen_of_Poi

lapsed spinner

Total posts: 412
Posted:For Irish HoPpers, see The All-Ireland Fire Community Thread, just introduce yourself there, and all of the Irish crew will keep you up to date with what's happening.

If you'll be in France, you might want to look at Uberparis in June.

Happy travels smile

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Delete

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:There's loads of jugglers in Brussels, namely in ESAC (ecole superieure des arts du cirque) and Catastrophe... Search google, that'll help you get in touch with people there.

Also, I highly recommend Switzerland ubbangel to any traveller. Such a beautiful country.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

the_lpman
BRONZE Member since Mar 2006

Total posts: 5
Posted:well i'm from luxembourg but i have to tell u that i don't know any other spinners down here... im still hoping to find some though...

with a bit of luck ull find out more than i did till now wink

Delete

Nephtys

Nephtys

resident fridge magnet

Total posts: 835
Posted:Hello wave

If you come to the Netherlands, drop us a line here:

http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/873972/Main/255021#Post873972

and I'm sure something can be arranged!

enjoy your travels,

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Delete

fire.chef

fire.chef

crazy mofo

Total posts: 99
Posted:Hi
If your in the uk dont forget to go up north and see Liverpool (home of the beatles and much more), if you do let me know i can arange a discount on hotel rooms in southport (just 30 mins from liverpool 1hr from manchester and its on the sea front) we have great fire meets on the beach around that time of year.

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

Delete