MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
I haven't been on for awhile, mostly because I have been so busy with school, but a little bit ago I started spinning poi. As I was spinning, I had this odd thought...is it possible to combine staff and poi? I hurried up and duck taped my poi to each end of a small stick and bam....it's awesome. Now, I know some of you already have done this, and I'm sure it's already posted here and someone's gonna yell at me for not searching(but what do u search under for this kind of thing)What I wanna know is if there is anyone else who has done this, are there specifications, moves, or anything else about it that could be of help? Right now, my poi are the same length as the stick, providing a 3:1 ratio among the sections. Another thing, I began to do a figure-8 with the staff and kept it to one side, spinning in the same direction by alternating hands...the wieght of the poi and string add an odd balance to the whole feel of it. Once again, if there is anyone who has any ideas on the subject, replys are encouraged. Thanx.

[ 12. April 2003, 07:19: Message edited by: Masta Rava Breaka ]

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
One name for it is Double Flail `
try searching under Mace or Flail.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Maximus has that. It's basically meteors with a little staff in it for help.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oh, and just a little side note - We try not to put "Everyone read" or such-like in the topic titles - that's generally reserved for Mods or urgent things.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
my bad....i was just excited and got carried away
but thanx everyone for your help

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...