Forums > Social Chat > snakes.... on a road! (serious question... I assure you)

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Ok, since I know there are more than a few belly dancers and performers on the board, at least one of which owns a snake or exotic pets (*Pele, I'm looking at you on this one....) So, how exactly do you adapt your pets lifestyles to performing or life on the road?

I've always been especially curious about snake dancers with their pets.... er... schedule. Anyone care to field this question from curious little me? redface

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
It's just as hard to adapt a pet/companion to that sort of life as it is to adapt a child...they just need extra love and attention...assurance, you could say...and I've never had to do this...is just what my instincts as a mother and animal lover says!!!

Much luck to you!!! hug
EDITED_BY: fyrespirit (1168745840)

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Lol. No, I'm not taking my snake on the road. We have a very strict relationship of "I-dote-on-you-and-you-don't-piss-off-Mum." After the 886 mile drive from Atlanta to my home town, I couldn't ask anything more of my Harlequin than to be his sweet self, to cuddle along my neck or curl up with me in the sunlight.... and perhaps get on a frozen/thaw diet, but we're working on that!

Harlequin was a rescue, and my experiences wth him, as well as our little trip, has just left me so bewildered as to how people professionally travel and work with their scaled partners.

But, I do get what you're saying, and see the soundness to the advice.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."