• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > new movie with fire spinning

Login/Join to Participate

Devakasi
SILVER Member since May 2005

Devakasi

Total posts: 17
Posted:There was this movie trailer sometime in 2006. Maybe late summer or fall. I don't believe it was Mirrormask, which is the latest movie listed on HOP as having a scene with fire arts in it. I am so sad I cannot recall the move title or what it may have been about. Maybe something to do with royalty. Seems there was a band of performers in motion, and a lovely blond woman was spinning fire poi. I thought it was strange due to the time frame. It looked sort of renaissance. Anyone have a recollection? weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: Devi Kasi (1168665416)

Namaste,
Devakasi (Divinity Shining)

Delete Topic

marco

enthusiast

Total posts: 328
Posted:Yep, I was invited to take part in this, the film is probably 'Inkheart' and is being produced by New Line Cinema, It's based upon a big-screen adaptation of a best selling childrens fantasy novel Inkheart, Inkheart is a timeless adventure tale of imagination that centers on Meggie, a young girl whose father has a secret ability to bring characters from books to life when he reads them aloud.

There is quite a lot of material on the net about this, I'm not sure what the release dates are and obviously I can't tell you anything about the film itself, sorry

mark

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:I didn't know it. frown I might as well die now...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

=Flashpoint=
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets

Total posts: 2719
Posted:Be ashamed. Be very ashamed.

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:that sounds like such a sweet movie but with the title it sounds scarey

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted:Meggie!

I like this movie, knowing only the main characters name.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:OMG! You've just reminded of this!

Look! A Film called 'Meg'

When did you publish your autobiography? tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Stained_Whisper
GOLD Member since Dec 2006

Stained_Whisper

Lighting up the darkness, one performance at a time

Total posts: 161
Posted:Ok... dnt condemn me... ive never seen a movie with any fire twirling in it... i know of a few, but they ae near damn impossible to get hold of...

You are the only problem you will ever have
and you are the only solution

Delete

MikefromGlos
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

MikefromGlos

Hitman

Total posts: 985
Posted:I was surprised human traffic wasnt in the movie list cause theres poi in that.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

petedangerous

petedangerous

Total posts: 1
Posted:Inkheart is coming out at the end of 2007 and one of the main characters "Dustfinger" does fire snakes, staff, juggling and fire breathing in the film. Its the first of a trilogy and the other two films all have twirling in them

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:In the slasher film 'Hellbent' there is a split-second clip of someone doing poi on top of a bus in the middle of Mardi Gras...

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Total posts: 4728
Posted:There's a pretty good scene in the movie 'Vanity Fair' of fire poi...and the 'Queen of the Night' dance scene is really cool, too!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

Midkiff
BRONZE Member since Nov 2009

shadow stranger

Total posts: 462
Posted:there is an awesome scene in "Doomsday" where there is a person spinning wire wool poi, fire snakes, and two people spinning fire poi smile

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Delete