Forums > Social Chat > Wheres some good rave spots?

Login/Join to Participate

Phyzeriummember
38 posts

Posted:
This summer, now that i can drive, im gonna take a few road trips, and go to some raves around the country...The only bad thing is, I DONT KNOW WHERE THAT MANY GOOD ONES GO ON AT!!! So this is whre i kinda need all you peoples help at...Where are you guys from, and do alot of raves go on there? I talked to n8, and he was telling me about what went on around his area, and it sounds so awesome..where im from, a new stop light is excited (yes i live in a boring town with nothing) So all help is appreciated smile

Pain is pleasure.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Ill tell you what, I want to go to Twilo so bad on a Sasha & Digweed night... someone I know went to see Paul Van Dyk, but they said it was so crowded it wasnt that great. I can understand that. Twilo is in NY... I hear the cover on a S&D night is like 35 bucks. I live in Tampa though, so to me, there is absolutely shit down here, except the Winter Music Conference, which I missed... frown. ------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
check out https://lucky.to/luvboardIt's
in Little Rock, AR..I hear they have a REALLY phat scene there..still on the upswing and it hasn't been corrupted as much by all the candy munchin wannabees' smileIf you are interested in going to one of their raves, I have a friend there, I can get more info about their local scene/upcoming raves. Let me know if you want more info..------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Bobmember
8 posts

Posted:
You should think about going to the Detroit Electronic music festival on memorial day weekend. It's not a rave but it is three days of music, 30 some djs, and about a million people. Last year it was awesome.https://www.demf.org/Also, i noticed your from mt. morris. I'm in rochester, NY now, but when i'm not in college i live in fenton. It's always cool to find other spinners in the area, there certainly aren't enough of us. But anyway, if you do head out to the DEMF i'll be the guy with spikey hair twirling comets or glowsticks.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Matt, umm if you're in the Upstate NY area there are usually weekly stuff all the time. I know that there is a show in Syracuse on may 19th. Check out www.groovenet.organd www.cnyraves.comThat will give you info and dates for ANYTHING happening in the western/central NY and some of Ontario/Canada area. happy hunting.N8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ah shit. that last post - wasnt my gf, it was me.the last post was from [Josh] not Katinca.All flames and related mail can be directed at;tell.someone@whocares.com smileJosh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
now I'm really confused. I think I should close this browser smile

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Now i feel even more stupid telling her she should come along to byron now josh :/derr, i didnt put 2 and 2 together

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
LOL - I thought you knew and you were playing along?? smile)Cool - anyhoo.Josh

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Hey all! Just in case you haven't heard, Moby will be touring with Paul Oakenfold, Nelly Furtado, Carl Cox, New Order, and Outkast. It won't be your typical rave but should have a good mix of peeps there. Check out the dates and locations at https://www.moby-online.com/
They are all outdoors shows so bring your gear.

Fear the evil monkey!

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
for clubbing, NYC is the place to be. Unfortunately, Twilo just got shut down over the weekend, so that's a no go. But if it reopens in time, I'd recommend it. I saw PvD there and it was one of the best times I've ever had. twilo usually draws in a good assortment of very good dj's- PvD, Sasha, Digweed, Sven Vath, Pete Tong, Carl Cox, Junior Vasquez (resident, kinda pop-technoey)...i hear it's gotten pretty commercial now- a gift shop, among other things, and it is really expensive. also in the city, you've got the tunnel ( a cool place, but not many good dj's), limelight (good for lesser known but just as good dj's- AK1200 and the like), exit, vinyl, and the quarry...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. these are all about 30-$35, and can get up to $50 depending on who's spinning. out this way, it's hard to go to any sort of party for less than $30. As for raves, city raves are a little sketchy and too drugged up (at least for my tastes). you might want to try some in albany or poughkeepsie.if anybody here wants to help out twilo's case (cuz it's a big load o CRAP!) go to twilo.com and find out what you can do to save a great place to party on a friday night.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
If by any chance you head into Texas...Dallas, Austin and especially Houston has a rave almost every weekend.If you are in the Area, go to Texasbeatz.net, and you can get a list of all thats going on in the Lonestar state.We had the baddest ass rave last summer. Transit...excess of 9,000 people were there.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
Well for all of you ppl in the southeastern US there is gonna be a HUGE party in atlanta on july 11th. As many of you know Moby is going on a big multi genre tour called Area one. This tour is gonna hit atlanta and im here to tell you its gonna be great. Ive been to the venue and its off the hook... the line up is as follows: Nelly Furtado local dj'sThe Roots the inocatorsIncubus carl cxOutkast Rinocerose Moby carl coxPaul Oakenfold at Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre tickets go on sale on 5/19/01www.areafestival.comhope to see lots of you there

Phyzeriummember
38 posts

Posted:
Hey bob, my friend was telling me about the detroit festival thing, and me and him are definetly going...my aim name is phyzerium, so get in touch with me....maybe we could meet up or some crap while were therel8er

Pain is pleasure.