Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 2 poi wibble tricks and timing (wibbleswap?)

Login/Join to Participate

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
In these days I was playing a lot with the two poi wibble as matt described it (the asynchronous one) ; and I was looking for tricks inside this pattern...

two of these are meaningfull for me:

-during the two poi wibble you can ibble one poi and in these way you go into the two poi same direction synchronous time...you can go back into asynchronous one by doing another ibble with one poi

--> these remember me a lot the swap from synch and asych base pattern with 4 (and also pair) balls and toss objects...

-The other trick is doing a dibble, let's try to formalize:

if you consider a normal wibble asynch is RP, LP, RB, LB

R->Right

L->Left

P->Palm

B->Backhand(I don't know the correct word in english sorry...)

with a dibble you do two complete sequence:

RP, LP, RB(and here you do a dibble), LB, LP, RP(the poi "lost" a time), LB, RB

These happens also when you exchange your poi(right to left and viceversa) your "starting hand" changes.

From these considerations I think we can try to take out something like a "wibbleswap" with dibble and tribble (as soon we can do them enoght well to put them into a two poi wibble biggrin ) and we can codify and take out new tricks from these formalization...

I hope this has sense and I'm waiting for comments, critics and fixes from people that have a good 2 poi wibble biggrin (I think better than mine also XD )

Acciaio devil

EDITED_BY: Acciaio (1168080927)

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
by ibble do you mean the half wibbly type thing where you start holding the poi head, then throw it inwards and wibble the handle off the back of your hand and catch the head again, and repeat ?

have you tryed changing the hand each poi is wibbling on? its not to bad from palm side wibbles, going from palm to palm, but getting the backhand ones to cross is a bit of a bitch but feels cool.

ive not yet reached a stage where i know what im doing with all this stuff well anough to theorise on it properly. is loads of fun to play with, and when you get a bit that flows nice, it feeels amazing biggrin

need to work on my dibbles, still cant get them anywhere near consistant, but in theory should work just the same as siteswap, but then you need more than two poi to make it intresting eek *runs away*

buzzsaw wibbles and presumably dibbles are cool too... also along the same line of thought you should be able to get waistwrappy type looking things down (but wibbling... not spinning :rollsmile), im nowhere at that stage yet though. hmmm dunno if these comments are useful. hope so !!! peace

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I have thinked about your answare a little bit and...

abut the last sentence I never understand what you mean @_@ waistwrap wibble??? @_@ buzzsaw wibble @_@ can you explain some of this concept pleaz wink ?

Anyhow I think swapping two poi wibble can be really intresting also with two poi because instead of having a Siteswap of "2" with an object stopped in your hand you have a "2" wibbled....this increase the difficoult and , I think, make more intresting doing 2 poi wibble tricks...

I'm working too on dibbles in every sense =_='''

And finally I have to try a bit more backhand to backhand (you do it same time or splitted?) wibble poi exchange...

Acciaio devil

p.s.
ibble is what you said!

p.p.s.
why I can talk only with you about this kind of moves?
So happy to chat with such a great spinner but more heads are better than 2...

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yea where is matt? im sure has something to say about all this?

buzzsaw wibbles i can do about 4 0r 3 of and are simply wibbles in the buzzsaw plane, aka burn the nose. (between your arms)

waistwrapped wibbles i can do none of but can see how they should work, imagine doing a waistwrap(spinning in the bit of the wall plane that is behind you), not nessessarily a behind the back one (only if you are crazy..), and then imagine doing wibbles instead of spinning your poi ubbidea . sorry if that dosnt make much sense, but i cant think of a better way to describe it.

ive been trying back hand to back hand in split time, my best attempt with 2 poi is a back hand from my right followed by a palm from my left and then a back hand catch with my left and a plam catch with my right. < can pull that off fairly consistently, but not the other way round... when ever i try it at the moment my poi hits the ceiling ubbrollsmile

p.s. i see you have posted a video, i look foreward to watching it sometime next week biggrin
EDITED_BY: oli (1168296045)

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
what I mean ...if we post some videos we can exchange something and other people can be inspired...

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...t=500&page=

I hope this is useful....

Acciaio devil

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ps, oli, there are loads of interesting two object siteswaps

are my favourites, and you can put the numbers anywahere(by that i mean that your '2' can be a static throw, a btb throw, utl, etcetc...)

there's a list of them on jugglingdb.com, i think...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
thanx for reminding me that siteswap bluecat!!!

But the difficoult in twibble is that the 2 is not static :P but I have to try 501 sounds great!
And the 420 sounds like the dibble that I do....but I have to reason on that a bit more...

Acciaio devil

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
ive been trying 501 but its hard to make the 1 quick enough/5 slow enough.. or maybe im doing it wrong ... hmmm

on a differnt note i just made a video with various throwy type/2 poi juggly/wibbly stuff in it. its called badly edited out drops and took about 3 minutes to make on my didgital camera so quality isnt great...

its on myspace here

rolleyes weavesmiley

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I've done 501 but with the 1 done with a pass and not with a wibble...I have to try to do it with a triple for the 5 and a wibble for the 1 ....I think can be better...

I'm looking at the vid!!!Thanx a lot!!! You are inspiring me a lot!

Acciaio devil