Forums > Videos > Yakumo's Vids (my first)

Login/Join to Participate

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Well after a bit of messing about here's my first ever vid..

Just a demo to show what I was trying to figure out at 'Winter with MCP' with fckinippy, it's based on some crazy ass simian thing, but he may have tried this arms crossing variation too already, it wouldn't surprise me.

sorry for the scary face of concentration as I tried to watch the pattern in my reflection smile

Ta to Sambo Flux (State of Flux) for the ace original tunes, and glenneroo for the ace hosting, I'll try abuse both as much as possible soon wink

wall plane spin->antispin, rinse, repeat.

Anti Spin Makes My Head Explode (Poi Vid, xvid, 5mb)

[Edit 14/07/2007] haha, Spanner just came across this short clip someone took of my spinning for a sec while I looked for my friends at the solstice last month at Stonehenge, I wish they'd caught more from earlier :

[more videos to come...]

EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1184371589)

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
dunno why, but i expected this to be staff.

nice tho, i don't get anti-spin, hurts my head too.

hows your staffing going?

my sticks about to shatter at one end too, sucks, at least i can look forward to making myself a lighter stick smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
ouch, didn't you get one of the v3's in the end too? and that's the one that's already going? I havn't used mine much at all, every time I picked it up at MCP's I jsut ended up watching someone else instead smile I did learn some doubles things I was happy with though, simple non contact stuff, but new to me.

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
Isn't that essentially a 4-point front plane antispin flower with an isolated lockout to uncross your hands..?:)

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
yes, I was trying to make it a clean 4 point wall plane flower, forwards till crossed, then straight back into antispin till crossed the other way then repeat. Found the timing horrendous, so I gave up and just tried out different things watching my reflection to try and get something that looked smooth and cool, till it worked enough I thought I'd film it. I haven't seen many (any?) new poi trick vids since the last few you put up.

or, alternatively :

What you mean we don't get to call it a '[censored] yakumo', 'crazy simian' or 'dear god I need new shoulders'? wink

Kooothormember
129 posts

Posted:
I watched the video patiently 'til the end, but your head didn't explode.... biggrin

Kooothor , French Crew
~~~~
i'm in your kitchen, drinkin' your milk

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I did think about actually manifesting it in the footage but thought it might sicken too many youngsters and put them off for life smile

M33k0BRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
I will never be able to do that, lol

Noelskimember
129 posts

Posted:
When you do that crosser the one way (I mean crossing) is antispin and the other is spin, hence the timing weirdness....

you could do the antispin into the crosser and then try rotating your body 180 vertically to get unwound and then do the antispin crosser again? eh?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, that would really just be an antspin weave, the point of this one is to keep it wall plane and mess with peoples heads biggrin

Mark HustedGOLD Member
177 posts

Posted:
Very clean and sickening. Can you make that pattern with fire? That would be purdy:-)
Mark
Have footbag, will shred.

Keep it Lit....

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
The only trick I don't do with fire is a double neck wrap, I can do it with some fire poi, but it's just not worth it lit because there's only one way it messes up. Chain just isn't pleasant with that anyway, you can't avoid it pinching as you can with single neck wraps.

I saw Beth this evening at the ox cowley club, she said "oh that's 'the box'" straight away, seen it before.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yes, double neckwraps are fun with sockpoi but with fire and the FEAR of messing up with fire can be rather disasterous....then again there is hair-wetting and googles... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I was more worried about neck burns tbh.

I do want to shoot this with fire as I want to see the pattern myself smile
I nearly shot this vid with hyperlights but hyperlight wasn't online to get permission from.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Never too late to update! tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
There will be more vids smile quite impressed with what my little still camera is kicking out video wise smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Do a video with a routine... biggrin

I'll need to get off my arse make some videos. I have a history of video-editing that's going to waste. Suppose I want get my spinning to a level that's worthy of capturing on film first!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I need a better settup for a routine, tripod, and more space preferably (better weather=more space), rather cramped here.

Obviously it's what I want to do tho smile

some kind of choreography and some talent wouldn't go amiss either rolleyes

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Clean, sweet move.

I've been working on a similar moves: double wrist wrap - bounce out into anit-spin wall plane - double wrist wrap & repeat ---- or wall plane hyperlooped double wrist wrap - bounce into anti-spin wall plane - hyperlooped double wrist wrap & repeat. It's tricky keeping the hand positions in the same place for the wraps. Defo head exploder, just trying to describe it.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
make us a video .Morph. smile