Forums > Social Discussion > who would you pay money to watch / learn from

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ok so i am asking this in the loosest possible term but my general idea is this.

Over the next year, if the last is anything to go buy i will be bumping into alot of old friends and some new - all of which to me are awesome at what they do. However, some stand out, for what reason, be it style, character or just because i like that person i dont know, but they do.

If im sat at a gathering watching many people play, there ae a few people that could get up for a spin and will draw my eye out of a huge group because of what they do. Im not saying there the best, im saying ther are unique to me. Im sure you all know what i mean.

Anyhow - to the point strugz, if i was to spend a very long time (yeh yeh) making a video of spinners that stand out, in the form of an arty / wokshoppy type thing, who would you recommend / like to see on it?

Personnally for me there are a few, but ill get the ball rolling:

Garthy & Ucof - unique style (when they doesnt realise there on camera, a joy to watch every time)

Simian - i stare at this dude spinning poi and cant work out what hes doing - its great smile

Ronan - smooth, uberclean, slow and controlled.

Sy - smooth, uber clean and fast.

Antti - love watching this guy, throws from everywhere, fast, clean and consistant.

As i said above this is not a whos best at all, but a who stands out in a crowd of firespinners to you and why smile

If you think this thread is gay, then your name is probably Meg wink

So, after play 2 is finished this is going to be a little project of my own for the coming year and i think it could be something great biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Yay for the hop popularity contest!

this is not a popularity contest , your name appears far to much for it to be that wink ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i've paid to see most of the people on here but i'd prefer guest tickets wink

my list is too long tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
*all* of you make me want to put down my poi and just watch..

awesome smile

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Chrono - I'd pay just to see the audience react to 'The Gaylord'. biggrin Aside for being a damn good staffer - he needs the money... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:

I would pay to watch Stitch (from Lilo and) spin four staffs. And fire breath. In fact I'd pay to watch him knaw on stuff and just generally destroy things. biggrin

PFFT! Stitch can easy do AT LEAST Septuple Staff! and probably knaw on David his spinning partner devil

Written by: Yakumo

And I just DID pay to come see MCP, Chrono,Strugz, Irinus, TinyPixie, Neon just some festivities got in the way ubblol wink

And boy did you pay for it! Not sure if you got your money's worth I'd ask for a refund. Or at least get some store coupons... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wonder how many sticks stitch would need to actually juggle? 5 I guess, but then he would just swap the one in the air with any of the ones in his four hands. I think he should really start out at 7. 3 in the air shouldn't be a difficult thing for a brain used to manipulating four hands.

I think for him to be doing his equivalent of our 5 ball cascade, he'd need more sticks in the air, than his number of hands, so he'd have to do 9 sticks.

and something balanced on his head, for him to knaw on... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well Stitch has 6 limbs (don't forget - his legs are VERY prehensile - like Jon Pete tongue) and a neck so that's 7 staves if done Chrono-style whilst doing a dead beetle...

and something balanced on his head, for him to knaw on... biggrin

I told you - David, doing mere doubles... biggrin

Plus he has a built-in stereo system... tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't think stitch would be into contact, not got the attention span for it, he's be more of a juggling puppy I reckon. biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If we teach Lilo to contact juggle (best get them while they're young) she can CJ Stitch for a bit who will then do whatever the hell he wants with as many objects as he is capable of whilst she does the hula in the background (how unlike many videos on HOP tongue )

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Guess im pretty lucky really since all the people in my list either live or have lived down the road from me

Tim, Oli, Fluff, Garthy, Sy

actually ill change that, ive never lived close to simian, chrono, antii or meast *begins plotting on how to make them all move to bristol*

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wonder what a matrix would look like with four arms... ubbidea

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Don't forget he can probably do the matrix and other SNES moves with his legs in a handstand whilst wiggling his ass biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
No, that's the ONLY way he would do them... ubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meh! I'm sure Meast is more than capable of the same... ubbrollsmile ubblove

Meast is one I would pay to see... Who said 'Uberparis'?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
dude, you'd pay to see meast wiggle his ass even if he couldn't spin!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Damn right! He does a mean handstand... ubblove

(Methinks a challenge in in order come June...)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Damn right! He does a mean handstand... ubblove

(Methinks a challenge is in order come June...)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I didn't mean in handstand either... silly. Thou his handstand is lush.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I guess that makes you a filthy-minded perv then! tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
'makes' me? wink ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
umm why you laughing...?

I've seen your DVD collection! wink

I see beauty in everyone ubblove (Except gay people)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
my dvd collection? What all 6 of them? confused

I was impling that saying that didn't make me anything, as I already was it. Thou obviously I'm not.

Damn neon- you're such a hater! wink ubblol hug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
And people tell me I'm not proactive... tongue hug

Stained_WhisperGOLD Member
Lighting up the darkness, one performance at a time
161 posts

Posted:
Mot and Gizmo, i love their isolation capabilities... TEACH ME

You are the only problem you will ever have
and you are the only solution

Page: