Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention (BJC) 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Well no ones posted anything yet so i thought id make a start!

heres the website: https://www.bjc2007.co.uk/

Written by:

BJC 2007 will be held at Harvey Hadden Sports Stadium (map) (satallite), Bilborough, Nottingham between the dates of 11th –15th April 2007. This will be the 20th BJC and the second time it has been held in Nottingham, the first being ten years ago.

BJC 2007 is held for all types of circus style performers: from hobby jugglers to professional entertainers. We welcome all types of acrobats, aerialists, street entertainers, circus performers and object manipulators.

BJC 2007 is a place to attend workshops to learn new skills, improve on old skills and meet old friends and make new ones. We have various shows on in the evening as well as different forms of entertainment: bands, DJs, fancy dress, films, etc. There is a big show in the Royal Concert Hall on the Saturday evening after the Juggling Olympics and a parade through town.

BJC2007 is proud to announce that we will be hosting the World Juggling Federation UK Open Championchips (WJF UK), the first ever British Balloon Modelling Convention (BBMC1) and the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF)
l

so, whos going? im definatly going to try and book time off work, and if anyone knows who we need to contact for volunteering etc please add the contact on here.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
wave

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Those sexy boys doing double staffs Thursday night were the highlight for me wink

that'd be me and meg, then, right..?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'Doubles' doesn't mean one staff each tongue

Though I never thought I'd be whooping and cheering for someone doing contact staff whilst wearing oven gloves... The entire staff being on fire is beside the point... smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, I think williams diabolo glow act was affected by lighting troubles, ie: having none. At least from above it looked like they were trying all the buttons to make it light up right, but it didn't.

edit: they're no oven gloves, they're welding gloves! And even that wasn't enough to stop them burning, I had to soak them in water also. And what's more, if you don't quisht, then I'll do it in a bikini. And then you'll be sorry.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
eek

please shut up now, dave.

pleeeeeeeeeease.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
confused

whats he said?

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
puh! I might do it anyway. Just out of spite.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bring it on... I have a strong stomach. I was raised on Chinese Food biggrin

Perhaps Vodka & Orange can do a one-off 'Adam and Eve' piece...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
even more eek

strugz, you'll need a scottish dictionary to understand, so i wouldn't bother....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
they're be no such thing dave. Go wash you mind out with strugz... er, soap sorry.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Woohoo!!

Another vote for the summer edition... featuring vodka and orange in bikinis...

And a recommendation for BT in a tight-fitting pink leotard smile

x

Getting to the other side smile

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Dave keep going, I really want to see meg perform in a bikini,
1 bottle of cider and laura-Elasta and I will perve over her whole routine.
Durbs and Rob, will you perform in bikini's too biggrin ?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Drew, believe me when I say there ARE limits to the depths to which my mind will plunge... Not quite in 'G'Day' territory yet...

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Oh no, the entire thread's gone bad...

I'm not convinced that Dave has limits.

"Take that, math!"

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
didn't get to see the show on thursday night very well unfortunately cause i went to the byjoty comp and so got there a little late and had to stand way up next to the burger stall - and my eyesight isn't great ubbcrying but from what i could see it looked amazing even if i couldn't quite decern a lot of the moves biggrin wink ubbrollsmile but performances in bikini's? i may try and wigle my way to the front for that -comic value much appreciated!

Written by: mech

purple - you knows you loves it wink it was nice to see you again honey hug

yeh man it was nice to see you again too! and you'll have to catch me when i'm not sprawled in the middle of the floor half asleep next time so we can have an actual conversation and catch up biggrin hug

hmm... btw, who was it that kept dropping stuff on me? juggle i got hit at least four times! granted i was in the mddle of the floor... but i will find out! you thought you were safe and that i was asleep and didn't notice- o how you were wrong! biggrin

o and btw Durbs, i really enjoyed your poi throwing workshop - i've managed to mingle a lot of what i learned into my spinning and make it actually fit, so cheers!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Argh - you came to that?
I spent the entire festival asking Strugz who you were ubblol

Sorry it was a bit of a thrown together workshop - I'd had 5 minutes notice, and I seldom throw my poi (and I was hungover) smile
You didn't miss much on Thursday (aside from us) - just Meg nearly killing Rob, lots of cheese, one bit of smut and Kev being cool.

Sadly, bikinis are made of lycra and polyester, so don't pass Toasts' stringent safety checks.

Though there is always renegade wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Was I the cheese?!

wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'D be tempted it you were sprawled out on a giant mousetrap... smile

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
ubblol

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i want to sleep in that hall again.
actually, i think i just want to walk up on the hour every hour through the night and be able to see people juggling, some people have so much commitment

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
who won the young jugglers thing? I missed the end hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Hey come on folks

In all the discussions of the rubbishness of the Vova - Garfield - Dietz combo, no-one has mentioned one of the greatest passing acts I've seen. Get the Shoe. wow

They were absolutely bang on with their timing, their tricks were fast and really well coreographed, they were really funny with their slow-motion matrix fight scenes and they did a bad-ass blind throw into a 5 club cascade. And they juggled 9 clubs which always looks great.

And finally, he Got the Shoe ubbtickled

clap clap

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

llanowarBRONZE Member
journeyman
95 posts

Posted:
ditto

it was great!

I'm llanowar and poi is my art

(et vive la France!)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yeah! get the shoe!!! 4th time i've seen it (i also got to see their rehearsal on saturday afternoon) and it never fails to amaze me. all the performers and crew were side-stage and in awe. what a routine..

for those that don't know - if you ever see anyone practising interesting two/three person club patterns with stealing, take-outs, etcetc, it was probably invented by jochen(?) and florian - 'take that out' was their first show, and it blew EVERYBODY away several years ago. respect.

smile
R

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Spanner! You seemed to have disappeared after I saw you! Where were you hiding all weekend?

hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm still trying to recover from swooning over DevKev in the Raining men routine on Thursday night smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
!!!!!

Brilliant pics!!!!

Thanks x

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Get The Shoe was so good, I had a little cry.

"Take that, math!"

llanowarBRONZE Member
journeyman
95 posts

Posted:
greaaat pics!

thanks!!!

xxxx

I'm llanowar and poi is my art

(et vive la France!)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah but what was up with all the anti-poi stuff?

Groans in the British Caberet, Charles Dancey taking the piss at the renegade, and thomas dietz in the public show.

It was pretty funny to see Luke's shocked expression when Tempai launched into infinite hyperloops on the renegade stage thou.

Page: ...