Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention (BJC) 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Well no ones posted anything yet so i thought id make a start!

heres the website: https://www.bjc2007.co.uk/

Written by:

BJC 2007 will be held at Harvey Hadden Sports Stadium (map) (satallite), Bilborough, Nottingham between the dates of 11th –15th April 2007. This will be the 20th BJC and the second time it has been held in Nottingham, the first being ten years ago.

BJC 2007 is held for all types of circus style performers: from hobby jugglers to professional entertainers. We welcome all types of acrobats, aerialists, street entertainers, circus performers and object manipulators.

BJC 2007 is a place to attend workshops to learn new skills, improve on old skills and meet old friends and make new ones. We have various shows on in the evening as well as different forms of entertainment: bands, DJs, fancy dress, films, etc. There is a big show in the Royal Concert Hall on the Saturday evening after the Juggling Olympics and a parade through town.

BJC2007 is proud to announce that we will be hosting the World Juggling Federation UK Open Championchips (WJF UK), the first ever British Balloon Modelling Convention (BBMC1) and the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF)
l

so, whos going? im definatly going to try and book time off work, and if anyone knows who we need to contact for volunteering etc please add the contact on here.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Think the Play crew are heading up tuesday night / wednesday morning to set up smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
So... be excepting you on Thursday in A&E then...? wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Sweet, I still need to see who from the Manchester contingent is coming down. Just wanna know people will be there if I end up going on my lonesome if people my end are poor or/and slack...

Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

I can make a fully supporting balloon bra and a...

What more do you need??? biggrin

me me me ubbrollsmile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Woo! Posted my pre-reg yesterday smile hope it got there in time...

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Ifhave received an email confirming your pre reg then you have successfully made it, if you havent got an email then I'm afraid you didn't make it.

I got one bounce sorry for those who didnt but nur nur! tongue

I thought we werent able to camp until wednesday, people get there on tuesday what what?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
just got my confirmation.... it's my birthday on the friday so gonna party hard! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Got my confirmation biggrin

Jeanine will also be performing in the public show... bounce

I have a small favour to ask of someone, though...

I'm going from Brussels to Zurich to Brussels to BJC, and to save me lugging around my tent etc, would I be able to leave it with some lovely person (either down south somewhere, or in London) to take up with them on or before the 11th?

ubbangel

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
How long has it been since you posted your form & got your confirmation? I posted my last Tuesday, but had slight problem with my bank not accepting "@" in symbol so used a "." instead...

Reckon it'd be ok? Bit worried about it all though....

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
email the orgs and ask? hope its ok for you biggrin

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

I'm going from Brussels to Zurich to Brussels to BJC, and to save me lugging around my tent etc, would I be able to leave it with some lovely person (either down south somewhere, or in London) to take up with them on or before the 11th?

ubbangel

If you can get it to me - i can take it..... going up tuesday night i think smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
You sir, are a diamond.

Would that be in Southampton or guildford?

hug

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Nay wories biggrin

well if you can get it to Durbs easier than you can me - ill be seeing him before then so can collect it smile

the choice is yours ubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
In other words - who would you sleep with to get them back...?

Shall I make it down on the Tuesday too or is that for PLAY personnel only? (hmmm 'PLAY' and 'personnel' don't sit well together....)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

Jeanine will also be performing in the public show... bounce

Whimper...

Argh.... I want to go!!!

Getting to the other side smile

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
il be going if the cash is there

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ppsssstttttt dave, this is the bjc thread...

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Pssssst, Jen, PLAY is officially giving workshops at the BJC wink

Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Pssst Jen - nana

Pssst Ed - Cheers dude biggrin Now...Skin up!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
tongue

whatever, you know im crap!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Psssttt your all crap tongue

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Pssst - you mean "you're crap" tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
*nods* yup willys crap, you still owe me a visit mr!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I know I know! 25th it's gonna be.

See you there Durbin, I think you owe me one of them things you put golf balls on

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
milk and one, cheers. smile

Be Water My Friend.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
opps. Think I may have missed the pre-reg. Opps.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi All you poisters and spinners,

Just thought I'd chip in and let you know hwtas going on.

Registering for the BJC automatically gets you into the BBMC. Same price.

PLAY will be running an area for the whole convention and organising workshops and silly activities.

Please dont turn up until wedensday morning unless it is pre-arranged as part of the crew.

Hopefully this year will see a good spinning contingent - and remember any anti-poi jibes are either said in humour in in ignorance - so you can laugh at both and have fun with it.

Any questions drop me a line wink
Peachi - BJC organiser

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
is there anything fantastically good going on on the wed morning then? good enough to risk awkwardly setting up tents in the dark in the evening? or will it be just a casual morning of arriving, setting up, chilling and relaxed spinning?

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Peachi Petejourneyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi All and 'Tastes Like Purple' Layhdeee,

Workshops wont start until 2pm on wednesday. So you can arrive and set up slowly. A draft schedule will be available nearer the time and on arrival so you can decide when is best for setting up your tented empire. Shouldn't be far for you to travel wink

Excuse my rushed post - the last one should have read:
"and remember any anti-poi jibes are either said in humour or in ignorance - so you can laugh at both and have fun with it."

Have pity on those poor blinkered jugglers who cant appreciate the finer things in life - like good looking hippies spinning fire wink

Looking forward to meeting y'all - make sure you introduce yourselves and excuse me if I look hassled and distracted..

Remember the whole BJC is a "Jungle Theme" and especially welcoming to Cheeky Monkeys wink
Cheese, Peachimpy XOX

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
cheers! must get around to buying my jungle face and body paint and lizard stencils...

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Peachi Pete

Remember the whole BJC is a "Jungle Theme" and especially welcoming to Cheeky Monkeys wink
Cheese, Peachimpy XOX

cool!

I knew those leopard skin pajamas would come in handy!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: ...