Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention (BJC) 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Well no ones posted anything yet so i thought id make a start!

heres the website: https://www.bjc2007.co.uk/

Written by:

BJC 2007 will be held at Harvey Hadden Sports Stadium (map) (satallite), Bilborough, Nottingham between the dates of 11th –15th April 2007. This will be the 20th BJC and the second time it has been held in Nottingham, the first being ten years ago.

BJC 2007 is held for all types of circus style performers: from hobby jugglers to professional entertainers. We welcome all types of acrobats, aerialists, street entertainers, circus performers and object manipulators.

BJC 2007 is a place to attend workshops to learn new skills, improve on old skills and meet old friends and make new ones. We have various shows on in the evening as well as different forms of entertainment: bands, DJs, fancy dress, films, etc. There is a big show in the Royal Concert Hall on the Saturday evening after the Juggling Olympics and a parade through town.

BJC2007 is proud to announce that we will be hosting the World Juggling Federation UK Open Championchips (WJF UK), the first ever British Balloon Modelling Convention (BBMC1) and the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF)
l

so, whos going? im definatly going to try and book time off work, and if anyone knows who we need to contact for volunteering etc please add the contact on here.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hopefully . . .

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
does this mean hibernation time is nearly over?

Jake the Juggler

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Firetramp: most worth it after play; for a festival, in terms of what you get for your money: loads of workshops, loads of shows, huge numbers, 5-6 days... bristol is awesome, but its much more of a chillout, and can't really be compared to any other juggling festival ubblove similarly uber and other intensive small scale things: can't compare them as far as festivals go.

but Best? there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
see you all there biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yay! Birgit's coming!! bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
i'm there,
i did some shows with peachi recently and he has spoken to mister garfield on many occasions,apparently he is a really nice guy,
i also have to agree with a lot of what he writes although his confrontational style does wind me up a bit i must confess,((mind you not as much as all you "less speed more control" muppets on here wink))
rob is correct the bjc is very good value for money and it will be heaving this year due to W.J.F fans and haters turnining up in droves,
personally i am looking forward to seeing the young mister galchenko train compete and perform,from what i know of him i think he seems a very interesting and grounded young fella(considering he is one of the best club jugglers in the history of mankind)
i cant wait................................and if garfield turns out to be a tosser in real life, im well up having him off somehow

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I wanna come!!!!
And stop being snide about Mr Garfield unless you can do what he does.
tongue

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
have you seen his website?

"This website does not recognize the juggling or flashing of sticks."

which used to be on the front, but now is on one of the other pages of useless ranting.

So as far as I'm concerned he can not recognize my ass.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Isn't it the thing you speak from mostly? tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
only when talking to you durbs.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
kiss

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Perhaps because she wore her mouth out... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
did durbs just kiss my ass?

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
by sticks he meand very thin clubs.not big long sticks like ours i believe,

gabe i know you mean well but he did start all this and if you cant be snide when hiding behind a computer screen then when can ya??

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna try!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... almost sad I wopn't be there for this! Well if anything goes drastically wrong out here I guess I might.

Hope you all have an amazing time, last year was filthy , but very fun! wink
biggrin ubblol

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Looks like I might be coming to this, at least for some of it if i can't make the full thing.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, i am on holiday from uni during this time, i suppose i could give it a go... depends in part if the boy is willing to come with me, as I must admit festies tend to overwhelm me, or at least they always have in england (I've been to a few in cali that didn't).

the link links back to this thread, anyone want to tell me how much tickets are?

grouphug

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
At the moment, they're £60, or £80 if you want acess to the WJF stuff too.

Hopefully, this link'll work better.
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1169489711)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
wow, £80!

Do you think the WJF is worth the extra?

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm I think I'll go for the cheap-ish ticket shrug

Especially given that the cheapest train ticket available NOW seems to be nearly 100 squid eek

Given that all but one long distance train return journeys I've been on in Britain have been severely delayed, cancelled, detoured, replacement-bussed, or overfilled to the point where you weren't even allowed to board the train with a reservation, I guess I'll ask nicely if anyone's going in a minibus before getting angry at myself for trying the train again.
EDITED_BY: Birgit (1169491824)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
wjf is definatly worth the extra whether you love or hate sport juggling,its got to be worth a closer look

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
*shrugs* It's not worth £20 extra to me.

Probably if it was a standalone event then I'd pay £20 to watch the whole thing, but it's £20 that may well only be paying for a few minutes of watching before I go off to do something else during the convention.

Also, I think the WJF tickets are limited (to how many, I'm not sure), so I'd rather someone who really wants to watch it got the ticket I'd be buying just so I could do watch a bit if I couldn't find anything better to do.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Spain, methinks... no BJC for me again this year... frown

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
i would travel to the uk if i was not already here... and i will be going there smile

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
I see no reason for me not to go - it being a 10 minute bus journey from my house and all tongue only downside is with not having a job i am going to be incredibly close to broke throughout feb in order to pay for the ticket. looking forward to it though! ubbrollsmile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ok...

Jea9 and LTC attendance confirmed...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
awesome smile

been watching much of both of you recently......... ubbrollsmile

i think you will like the dvd wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
I bought my ticket \o/

I'm not going to the WJF - I want to see it but it'd take up so much of the convention that could be spent spinning things and doing the escalator.

"Take that, math!"

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking about going on Friday evening and back on Sunday - might have to look into my carbon footprint though, as I don't have time to get a ferry etc.

Damn islands. Why do i have to feel guilty about going to any fun stuff?

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Page: ...