• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention (BJC) 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...56789...15
Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:Well no ones posted anything yet so i thought id make a start!

heres the website: http://www.bjc2007.co.uk/
br>
 Written by:

BJC 2007 will be held at Harvey Hadden Sports Stadium (map) (satallite), Bilborough, Nottingham between the dates of 11th 15th April 2007. This will be the 20th BJC and the second time it has been held in Nottingham, the first being ten years ago.

BJC 2007 is held for all types of circus style performers: from hobby jugglers to professional entertainers. We welcome all types of acrobats, aerialists, street entertainers, circus performers and object manipulators.

BJC 2007 is a place to attend workshops to learn new skills, improve on old skills and meet old friends and make new ones. We have various shows on in the evening as well as different forms of entertainment: bands, DJs, fancy dress, films, etc. There is a big show in the Royal Concert Hall on the Saturday evening after the Juggling Olympics and a parade through town.

BJC2007 is proud to announce that we will be hosting the World Juggling Federation UK Open Championchips (WJF UK), the first ever British Balloon Modelling Convention (BBMC1) and the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF)
l

so, whos going? im definatly going to try and book time off work, and if anyone knows who we need to contact for volunteering etc please add the contact on here.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete Topic

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:on that noteim having problems so if anyone can help with some green bags pm me wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:Strugz: spank biggrin tongue

Durbs: It's probably the latter

Meg: Blackmail always works... shrug

Chat soon lady
xx

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted: Written by: mcp

there must be something there to tickle his fancy.... biggrin

yeesh, not me.
Dave might want to tickle Strugz's fancy, but ewww.

I reckon just teabag him in his sleep.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted: Written by: Durbs

I reckon just teabag him in his sleep.

Another job for multi-manipulator Meggy methinks... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

_Clare_

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Posted:I'm sorry, but I'm youngish and relatively innocent...

Teabag?

Does this involve Steve?

Delete

mcp
PLATINUM Member since May 2003

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Total posts: 5276
Posted:2bags teabagging? I think it shall involve him... biggrin

Manipulating circumstances to pull that off would be the next level...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

_Clare_

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Posted:Pull what off?

I am very confused.

Delete

PyroWill
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

PyroWill

HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months

Total posts: 4437
Posted:Megan! Wash your mouth out with soap!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:eek I can't wait for next week now!! ubblove naughty megan ubblove bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Sym
BRONZE Member since Sep 2004

Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest

Total posts: 1858
Posted:I have an image of him balancing a guy on his nose now...mouth open.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:ubblol ubblol

im for hire, yes, but none of you skint hippies can afford me......

especially you meg ubbloco

next week is going to rock lots ubbrollsmile

i need a break from this so called normal life........... rolleyes

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Durbs

Durbs

Classically British

Posted:eek Clare not knowing a sexual phrase?!
What is the world coming to?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Just a quick question for you:
Is anyone going from Bristol that could possibly give Skully and I a lift, (from Bristol, or wherever is convenient?) please.

Unfortunaly, getting a train there and back doubles our cost of getting there, and at the moment, we really cant afford that. frown

Petrol money, chocolates and spliffs(if needed) will of course be provided by us, as well as lots of hugs and snogs (thats from either OR both of us smile )

ubbrollsmile

Delete

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:Hello!

As many of you will know there is going to be a whole brand-spanglingly-fantastic PLAY area at the BJC this year, and we thought wed better let you all know just what is going to be happening. To start with, well be the home of tunes playing throughout the main hall, courtesy of the fabulous mister Tom. Our projector will be hosting showings of Spherculism, PLAY 2005, and just possibly a sneak viewing of PLAY 2006, as well as selections from the vast personal video collections of Drew and Meg.Hooray! A full timetable of workshops will be on offer from Wednesday afternoon, including a multitude of random PLAYful activities culminating in the 1st UK Weeble Golf Open on Sunday lunchtime.

Weve laid it all out below for your delectation, and itll also be on a board near us in the hall (and potentially stuck up on posters around the site.) We welcome one and all to come and visit, and to help us do our favourite thing play to our hearts content, learn, share and enjoy the spirit of the BJC to its full!

One last thing we (all the bjc organisers) would like you to vote in the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF) contest details can be found on http://groups.google.com/group/rec.juggl...ab6d80?lnk=raot
. Incidentally, wed like to point out that if you dont vote for Escape From Riverside Park, we will collect your details from the vote organisers and visit you late at night. Voting closes on Sunday night, so please do sort it out before then.

See you on Wednesday!

PLAY @ BJC team (Strugz, Durbs, Ros, Ross, Rob and new papa Dunc)

FIRE SHOW REHEARSALS

This is open to everyone who has learnt the basics of spinning with fire clubs. If you would like to be in the fire show finale extravaganza extraordinaire, you must attend the workshops at 5pm on Wednesday and 12pm on Thursday.. Come and learn a mad piece of choreography to be performed as the finale for the fireshow. Everyone is welcome! Please bring two fire clubs to rehearsals, as well as any spares you might have.

ALTERNATIVE JUGGLING OLYMPICS

Do you have what it takes to compete and (possibly) win, have a laugh, and cover your face in chocolate at the same time? Then the alternative Olympiad (with prizes) is for you! Held in the PLAY area after the renegade on Saturday night.

1ST BRITISH WEEBLE GOLF OPEN

After a pioneering mini-open at the Durham Juggling convention, Weeble Golf should be your Sunday morning game of choice to fulfil all your weekend weebling needs. You will have 9 holes to complete for the title of British Open Champion. Sunday at 12pm bring your 0.04 entry (2x2p coins)

WORKSHOPS
These are the official workshops were hosting at the PLAY area (unfortunately there is no longer space for any more!) Timetables will be up and about around the area though jugglers are a bit random so they may get fractionally shuffled.

Durbs
How to moonwalk (glides and floats)
body

An introduction into gliding starting with the basics of floats, then moving onto side glides, back glides (Michael Jacksons Moonwalk), front glides, the True Moonwalk and other variations. This will be followed by a brief section about combining props with glides

Durbs, Ed +Rob
Multiperson Ball contact
ball contact

Using common movements to make fun multi person patterns. Lots of fun, and will turn into a trickswap towards the end.
Beginner (should know basic principles) - advanced

Ros
Movement Stuff
any

Breaking down habitual movement to explore new ways of manipulating whatever prop you choose as well as your body. Good cardio workout!

Rob
intro to techie spinning
poi

An introduction to five areas of poi spinning that are considered techie or at least relatively new ;o). Throws, tangles, Not 1.5s, antispin and negative space
Beginner advanced (something for everyone)

Drew
Musicality for Manipulators, Jugglers and Swingers

2 Hour workshop with any prop (has a 15 min break) - a fun workshop introducing musicality with objects.
All levels

2bags and Emily
Side by side passing
balls and clubs

Info on the PLAY noticeboard

Rob + the Gaylords
Structured Contact Jam
staff

Introduction to contact staff (for those who need it), hackysack with a stick, ways of using other people to make your staff playing more fun
All levels

Strugz
Doubles intro to movement
staffs

Overview of double staff moves and movement including isolations, throws, and basic contact with two stick. (Note: this maybe entirely incorrect as Strugz was too lazy to give us an outline)
for those reasonably comfortable with spinning.

Ronan
Stretching circles
poi

Moving circles in lines - linear spin and antispin
Stretching base patterns of timing and direction. Leading to more advanced patterns such as hourglasses and pentagrams...

Drew
1 ball contact the easy way
ball contact

Please bring a ball 4 stage ball for preference
Beginners - intermediate
Drew
Multi-ball for beginners
ball

Beginners

Meg
How to Learn
any

How to learn more efficiently, easily, and with the best technique. This workshop will start with some obvious (to me) advice about how to make learning easier. It will cover more sutble and unobvious tips and then onto more specific techniques and ways to structure your practice. Then evolve into a sharing of techniques and question answering session. This is general advice and can be applied to any prop. (And it was all from different sources, some juggling, some spinning, some music etc.)
Useful for everyone

Jeanine
Bodyrolling
ball

Info to follow

Ross
throwing and catching
poi

info to follow

Ross
flowers
poi

info to follow

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

mcp

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Posted:I eat soap for breakfast!

muhahahahahaha!

yay workshops!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted:i ate pizza.....

fom last night....... dam, this play area looks like the best thing there wink

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Durbs

Durbs

Classically British

Posted:Damn straight.

Teaching, playing, dancing, tea-bagging Strugz in his sleep, videos, music...
Awesome.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Delete

mcp

mcp

Flying Water Muppet

Posted: Written by: Durbs

tea-bagging Strugz in his sleep

Just what every boy always dreams of for christmas! But it's come early this year!

Delete

_Clare_

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Posted:Oh good god.

Can someone please explain, or demonstrate, what this tea-bagging thing is?!

I refuse to have some innuendo slipping by without being able to use it fully.

Strugz... yep, next week will indeed rock.

Rob and the BJC crew... excellent work lads... it looks like it'll be an awesome convention

hug2

Delete

_Clare_

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Posted:Thank you Ms Meg biggrin

I now understand.

And have an interesting image in my head.

meditate

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:Awwww... Our girl's finally becoming a woman...

Do you take sugar....? biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

_Clare_

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Posted:tongue

Delete

jo_rhymes

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:definitely going to Mr Durbs' moonwalking workshop! A-woooo! biggrin

Can't wait to see all you gorgeous people. And Jon and Skully I really really really hope you make it!! hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

YvAn

journeyman

Total posts: 92
Posted:ubblove
you have make an amazing work...

can't wait to be there, just too bad that i'm arriving on friday frown

See you soooon biggrin

YvAn

poi poi poi poi poi poi poi poi pong.......
smile

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted: Written by:

1ST BRITISH WEEBLE GOLF OPEN

After a pioneering mini-open at the Durham Juggling convention, Weeble Golf should be your Sunday morning game of choice to fulfil all your weekend weebling needs. You will have 9 holes to complete for the title of British Open Champion. Sunday at 12pm bring your 0.04 entry (2x2p coins)

ubblol awsome! i am so there smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

PyroWill
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

PyroWill

HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months

Total posts: 4437
Posted:It's gonna be such an amazing 5 days! Bubbles any idea if you need a lift, I wanan try and leave by midday latest.

Anyone going from Bristol area who can give Skully and Jon a lift?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Delete

-sandy-
BRONZE Member since Jul 2004

-sandy-

old hand

Total posts: 716
Posted:probably, ucof check your pm's

"Don't do it naked!"

Delete

Fireblitz

Fireblitz

Total posts: 186
Posted:I'm only after getting a very new and shiny digital camera ubblove for college and I have to do an assignment on "people at play" and I thought the BJC would be perfect but now I'm wondering would it be a good idea to bring such an expensive camera with me. Any thoughts, advice? about the camera not teabagging. DURTY!!!

You can only be young once but you can always be immature.

Delete

Bubbles_

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:will - got my bike back and hopefully will be riding, if it turns out i cant nearer the time ill get the train, cheers though! hug

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Delete

TastesLikePurple
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

TastesLikePurple

addict

Total posts: 498
Posted:help

HELP!!!!! ok it is extremely unlikely (by that i mean 'is just not gonna happen') that my tent will arrive by wednesday - it may however arrive sometime during the convention - which would just be a case of hoping quickly on the bus and back to get it. so anyway my point being - i need a corner of someone's tent PLEASE!!!! it doesn't have to be for the entire convention (i can be a nomadic tent moocher if enough ppl can cope with me for one night). and if my tent arrives during the convention - like i said, i can get it easily so problem solved. so if anyone has a corner of their tent they don't mind lending me it would be much appreciated and i am fully prepared to provide compensation of alcohol and/or baked goods!

thankx hug weavesmiley juggle

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Delete

Page: 1...56789...15