SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
heyall
i just need some quick help, i'm desperately looking for traditional hawaiian music but i don't have any keywords or place to search, so does anybody here know of a good site to download something or can you help me in any other way???
thx very much

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Alohoho!

i am well into hawaiian music.

"the rough guide to hawaii" Cd is a good place to start available from amazon.
or elderly.com have some great cds.
or www.asv.co.uk have some great vintage stuff.

lemme know how you get on!
Axis

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
number one: i am a fish

number two: get a programe called kazaa, or morpheus, or bearshare. with these you can download just about any song you can think of...and twenty different cover versions

nubmer three: i am no longer a fish, i am now a pile of guana

nubmer 4: get a song called fish and poi, ye sit does have poi in teh title asnd yes it is a traditional hawaiian song.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
heyall
i've just discovered the great virtues of including the word "hula" in the winmx search... still, if you have any songs you think i MUST have, tell me, i'll proceed gladly to download it.
thank you guys...
SaBBaS

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
wait a moment... i don't even know what the word hula stands for... is it more traditional or modern??? coz i'm listening to the first song and it doesn't really sound like what i'm looking for, but i'm downloading lots, so i hope at least ONE of them is ok...
thx again
SaBBaS

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hawaiin Roller Coaster it is not overly traditional, but is not overly modern either, and it is alot of fun.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK