Forums > Social Discussion > The Unofficial "Taking a Break from HoP" thread. (HoP Vacation)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Every now and then I've taken a break from HoP. It's been nice. And then nice to come back.

I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where folks can sign off for a period of time. Even nice if folks needed to get something done and signed off so we can all help them stay focused (from writing a paper to getting a job!) People could limit their posts (like I'm doing) or sign of completely for a set period of time.

Of course, they could tell us when they're back.

Sometimes, it's important to take a break from the internet completely. I saw an interesting thing about "internet addiction." It said the internet was just enough of an APPARENT community without actually giving the full support of a real community to keep people addicted and yet constantly craving more.

I'm certainly not addicted to the internet (thankfully) but understand the sentiment.

So I'm taking a break. I'm sure I'll go look at the video threads quite often during my coffee breaks but aside from that I'd like to keep my interaction occasional.

Perhaps others have some places they should be (or some things they should be doing) and would like to use this thread to keep them honest. I even stuck the word "vacation" in the title to make it easier to search.

My friends know how to get in touch with me. Or PM me here since I will post occasionally.

Happy New Year. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I am still here sometimes, I lurk a bit. At the moment, though Magic: TG, Counter Strike Source and my Job are taking up a lot of my spare time. Also my internet sucks hard.

Nice to know people still remember me though!

(And I'll tell Nats you called her gorgeous Kyri!)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i still remember you sethis, it's been ages hug

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
redface I didn't actually know you were standing over my shoulder, as it were tongue She is, though.

And ravehead, your avatar is amazingly cool. weavesmiley ubbrollsmile
hug

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
D: thanks kyrian hug you should see it full size wink

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i thik im back from my break ... everyone is new!! i dont know anyone anymore :s

Page: