888GOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
woooooooooo
i m going to bangkok .... freaky!!
53 deads...
that s bad !!
some body have fresh news ??

breathing is a safe and effective way of fighting death and death relative symptoms...most doctor agree that breathing is an excellent way to stay alive.
it s great!affordable!and great for your sex life!
start breathing today,TODAY!or else..start dying!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BBC

Bangkok blasts leave three dead

Injured western tourist in Bangkok.

Bangkok: Usually thought among safest Asian cities for foreigners

A series of bomb or grenade explosions in the Thai capital has killed three people and injured about 30 others, including at least eight foreigners.

A first spate of six attacks occurred at sites across Bangkok as streets were filling up late afternoon local time ahead of New Year's Eve celebrations.

Just before midnight, at least two further blasts rocked the city centre.

The Thai authorities had cancelled all public celebrations for New Year's Eve after the first devices went off.

Two people died on Sunday, and a third man died of his injuries on Monday in hospital. All three victims were Thai.

Police do not believe foreign groups or militants from the Muslim south are to blame, says the BBC's Jonathan Head.

Our Bangkok correspondent says many Thais suspect the attacks were the work of opponents of the current military government, which forced Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra from office in September.

The latest explosions occurred near the Central World Plaza, a shopping mall close to where the biggest New Year's event was to have been held.

The area had already been cleared. However the blasts caught several foreign tourists.

Two British men, three Hungarians, two Serbs and an American are receiving hospital treatment but none were thought to be in a serious condition, officials quoted by Reuters news agency said.

Of the earlier attacks, the largest was at about 1730 (1030 GMT) near a bus station next to one of Bangkok's busiest intersections, Victory Monument.

Police said this caused the biggest number of casualties, injuring at least 13 people and killing one.

Reports suggest the device was planted beneath a seat at a bus stop or in a rubbish bin.

One witness who was standing nearby, 17-year-old Chalermsak Sanbee told Reuters news agency:

"There was a big bang and people started screaming and running. I saw people with blood all over their legs and faces."

According to a police spokesman, the other blasts occurred:

* At 1720 on Sukhumvit Road in the south-east, causing no casualties
* Simultaneous blasts at 1800: at a crossroads in the north injuring two people, and in Kae Lak district injuring no-one
* At 1830 close to a Chinese temple in the Klong Toey district, killing one person and injuring six
* A bomb went off in a rubbish bin near the Seacon Square shopping area, injuring no-one

National police chief General Ajirawit Suphanaphesat said the authorities inspected other locations where suspicious packages were found.

frown frown frown ubbcrying frown frown frown

when will they ever learn?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Despite all bomb warnings, attempts to close weekly markets and venues, travel advice from the Israeli foreign ministry and much paranoia, Goa was having a happy and enjoyable new years eve celebrations - of which the hilltop party is still going on as I type this (2pm)

888: who was talking about fiftythree casualties? I learn of 3... which makes the event not less grievable.

Go Bangkok (or don't) - it's more likely to get run over by a bus, than getting caught up in a bomb-blast...

888GOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
a friend told me that by mail...
it was maby to scared me a bit ... hmmm ...
not anough 'cause i m going ...
it s very sad...humanity is sick and innocent pay for that frown

peace

breathing is a safe and effective way of fighting death and death relative symptoms...most doctor agree that breathing is an excellent way to stay alive.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
well 888 - I get your point and not so long ago I would have been ready to agree with you. IMHO it's not "humanity" that is sick, but some of it's aspects and elements.

I like to emphasise that, because I dislike individuals as Ghandi and the Dalai Lama being brushed over the same edge like Hitler and the late Mr. Hussein.

This is a world of choices - it reflects much of our own, internal struggle and conflicts.

My condolences with the families of the victims and my compassion with those injured. Lucky enough my dear friends chose NOT to celebrate NYE in Bangkok, but stayed healthy in Goa - accidentally, as they changed their tickets in order to participate in some (already booked) fireshows with me (that then got cancelled)...

.... I meditate that those, who committed the crimes will find the light soon.

888GOLD Member
34 posts

Posted:
you r right tom ...
but if a part of y is sick.. y are sick..
humanity is made of people.. not all.. but some of them just dont understand something in life.. those people think that your opinion is more important if y kill some body diffending it. i m not shure that s the way...i m shure its not
terorism seem to be an epidemy now.. frown
it s freaky to see what human can do..
i know it s utopic but i hope it never happen again

my condolences...

i m sorry for mistake.. english is my 4 language, i m working on it !

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
888 that's depending on how I look at myself. One part of me may be sick, but if the rest is still working perfectly, then why considering the entire organism as "sick"?

The way to approach disease today is tiring me sometimes.

Terrorists have a point and are (to some extent) loving family members and members of their community. We may regard them as demons, but they make a point. I have little compassion for them killing innocent people and believe in legal actions put against them. But clearly they do not understand and accept current polyticks (wonder why) - and this is mainly a problem of the government and the current system in which the individual is not finding appropriate channels to vent his frustration and opportunities to participate in decision making.

It will happen again - that much is certain.

I hope that we will find ways to cure the disease meditate