rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Took my driving theory test yesterday and I passed hoo-rah!!! Yesterday the theory test centre tomorrow...the driving lesson!! Anyone got any ammusing driving stories from when they were learning? I'll start off once in my driving lesson I did the first half of a 3 point turn in 3rd gear without stalling the car I was impressed...my driving instructor less so :P.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
congrats!

my second driving lesson (conducted by my cousin in the front paddock in a paddock bomb) i ran over a tree! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
a paddock bomb? that sounds pretty lethal never mind the tree!!!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
er..... i think what rouge means by a paddock bomb is an old crappy car or van rin ubblol congratulations once againhug

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
When I was learning I drove right over a traffic circle (or roundabout if you like), well it was either that or ramp over the curb...

Well done rin, you got half the battle won!

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
funnyest one was, while on about my 4th driving lesson my instructor told me "now when we get to the roundabout i would like you to head straight over"

having ridden motorcycles for a number of years i took a racing line around the roundabout ubblol

for aout 10 mins after this manouver i go an ear bashing.................. what was the problem?............the road was totally empty, it was good weather conditions and i did slow down..........to at least 50MPH biggrin ubbangel

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
During one of my lessons I stalled half way round a roundabout and had to rely on the car's momentum to get me the rest of the way round >.<

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
when i was driving to my theory test i drove over a nail and punctured the tyre ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

er..... i think what rouge means by a paddock bomb is an old crappy car or van rin ubblol congratulations once againhug

yeah, a paddock bomb is a crappy old car which isn't road worthy and is only fit to be driven around farms! sorry! aussie slang methinks! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
it wasn't me but we go driving in groups for our tests...anyways one of the girls is having a hard time going 25mph but then misses a turn and ends up on a highway where the speed limit is 45mph and most people go sixty...she stops in the middle of the intersection, the light changes, traffic starts coming at us, she's crying, we're yelling, teacher is white, leans over and presses the accelerator...horns blaring

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
I failed my driving test ubbcrying

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Hard Luck! I got mine soon. So I may be joining you with the tears...Im not the worlds greatest drver.

Better Luck Next Time!!! hug

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Driving tests are strange, so much of it is down to chance and how nervous you are on the day, plus what everyone else you meet on the road happens to be doing (of course lots of practice helps, too).

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
I failed mine cos I amdea couple of stupid mistakes, must've been more nervous than I thought I never make those mistakes usually. Weird thing is thought I felt so confident throughout the entire test which is why it was such a bummer when I found I'd failed.