Forums > Social Chat > Back at work after Christmas

Login/Join to Participate

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Yep, I'm back sat at my desk, whilst many are snoozing off the weekends excesses...

Boooo frown

Anyone else reluctantly back at work on the 27th?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
frown

Shame really, could've gotten to Edinburgh earlier!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Well at least you're going! tongue

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was on holiday as of this afternoon! rock on the 27th for me! bounce

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Pfft, sitting at my desk...doing nothing...overseeing nothing...feeling rank... sigh.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
I am, but I'm working from home. This is good for me, but pretty bad for my productivity.

"Take that, math!"

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Same here, sat at my desk, nursing a hangover. Just been to get a chicken butty & rehydration drink lunch from Tesco's which is busier than it was before x-mas - & it looked like armageddon was upon us then confused eek

Only a few hours to go...... ubbrollsmile

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I have a weird combination of high activity and almost complete laziness at the moment.

I fluctuate between the two, though I can at least account for some of the time I have spent sat at my desk, unlike some others i am aware of...

Hope you're all keeping spirits up smile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i start work tomorrow, although i'm not getting paid for it until the 29th, i guess i'll make an exception since its the best music festival we have in the state smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
Stuck at my desk too,, after fighting for 4 hours to get back into London as they didnt run any trains yesterday and having to stay down here instead of going home as can't trust em for the rest of the week {Sigh's and wants to be back home with his friends}

Next year I'm Soo booking the time off !!

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I was working over the christmas period, still am I suppose, and new years. I really couldnt care less about either one anymore, I dont have anyone that I want to spend it with anymore.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I was working over the christmas period, still am I suppose, and new years. I really couldnt care less about either one anymore, I dont have anyone that I want to spend it with anymore.

How many times

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

How

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

How many

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

How many times have I said the word 'anymore'.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
nice one Joe!! ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Sorry that little bunch of doozys is my wireless router's fault. Its nothing but trouble, I might call it Nelly, because its nothing but a big white elaphent.

*pats molly dog*

*shifty eyes both directions* <_< >_>

*pats jo_rhymes*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I worked christmas day, boxing day, and tonight I'm heading in to work the midnight to 8:30am shift on new years day!

To be honest, I love christmas, but my heart wasnt in it this year, and I dont really care too much about new years... *shrug*

Hope everyone who DOES do something for new years, remembers to stay safe!!!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I'm finally back in the office after about 2 1/2 weeks off. I've been away for ages! I've only been in for 2 hours and it feels like it's been a long day already. Thank goodness for HoP!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mwergh...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im starting on monday 8th which is nice, ive had the longest time off work ever biggrin but ill be starting on a 10 hour shift frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ugh! I'm not dealing with this whole going back to working thing! I was 2 hours late for work after New Years!

I've been considering being a rent boy, I already have a niche market with old men who have timeshare in the Philipines... Vomit inducing but less hours...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
*pats her pet chinchilla*

I'm at home recovering from jet lag. How do you recover from jet lag anyway? Tips and tricks on a postcard. Or my intro thread.

Back to the point. I have one more day of recovery after this and then the NHS gets my soul again. Soooo glad not to be in work right now.

hug and paracetamol to those who are

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Im back at work now after 10 days freeness... to be told that my job aint safe cos we havn't any work and i was the last one in!

my boss is a tosser..... and i'm really feeling great about lack of job security with a kid to feed and a sick girlfriend.. if i was on my own then i couldn't give a damn... but i'm the only one that's earning.

so 2007... go take a jump off the end of the world cos i can just see it's going to be yet another crap year for me again this year.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
I'm back at work on Saturday or Sunday or maybe Monday depending on how you look at it. Was a nice xmas holidays, out here on the beach, next to the Arabian Sea. I even did some work one day. Sent an email I did wink

But I am going off to Mumbai for my next bit of work. And my last bit was in Delhi. These arn't necessarily the greatest cities in the world to work in, and my commute from here is about 13 hrs. Dunno if it really counts as commuting, but, well, it is a long train ride...

But who am I kidding eh? Works great. I'm in India. lol smile

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Started work yesterday. I'm not too thrilled about it but hey! What can you do when your'e getting a good pay check?

biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*