Forums > Help! > new to poi some questions

Login/Join to Participate

SoverntearSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Hi thanks in advance for looking. as it says im new to this, currently using a pair of nylons with socks in the end lol. im going to be making some strings tonight (found an onlin guide)

Im wondering which should i order, socks or strings? also what should i start with learning? lastly any advice would be apperciated.

thanks again

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Socks or cone poi. Either can be made or bought

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

SoverntearSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
sock it is, ive made a set as of now, but i will be ordering the sock pois with green thanks again

Nevabladenewbie
3 posts

Posted:
I think poi is just like learning a musical instrument, after you've learned the basics and mastered a few tricks you realise that you can do anything if you put some time and effort into it.

Pinkadelicmember
70 posts

Posted:
exactly, bro, dont spend money in the begining.
just use two tennis balled, stuff 'em in a sock, and go crazy!!!

Love is Life

SoverntearSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
neva, good way to put it, playing bass ive been realising that as the days go by.

pink, ill try the tennis balls and socks thing, right now im using a pair of nylons that are cut stuffed with socks.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
the socks are nice though because they don't stretch quite as much...stretchy is fun, but it can make things a little difficult when first starting

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

kazmanBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
I made my first ones with tennis balls aswell, but then my balls didnt like the tennis ones so much, normal socks rolled up within long socks is a lot more friendly.

Practise makes Poi-fect :P

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
also try and find a weight you like, i had a harder time learning with my nylons and socks because they were too light

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: kazman

I made my first ones with tennis balls aswell, but then my balls didnt like the tennis ones so much, normal socks rolled up within long socks is a lot more friendly.

dont do that

you learn much faster how to not make mistakes with snooker balls

******disclaimer*****

Crowley2 takes no responsibility for any injurys or death caused by the above advise being used

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett