Forums > Help! > Which fuel should i use???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GlobalJBRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Alright, im should be getting my first set of fire poi with in the next couple days here and i waz wondering which fuel would u guys suggest i use???? And where should i look for it????

Should i jus use lamp fuel u get at a hardware store???

I know this is probly a super noob question but i figured id ask neways cuz its better im safe than sry.....

ubbloco

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Wow, you could almost package the idea and sell it for valentines day! Rose smelling fuel for those passionate poi'ers. heart spank ubblol wink

Beyond the Continuum.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well done, Icon. Good summation.
Now, are you going to save that for the next round of threads asking the same question wink ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Well the preliminary results of the scented poi tests are in, and based on my subjective opinion, they don't look good. I had some time on my hands, an old clapped out poi wick, a bottle of "euphoric" scented aromatherapy diffuser oil, and a propane torch.

I'm out of white gas, but was more curious whether the fragrance of the oil would survive burning, so I emptied the bottle ( 30 ml ) onto the wick, and lit 'er up. The fragrance was slight when compared to the intensity before I lit the wick so I have to conclude that fire destroys the character of the oil, and the "slight" fragrance I was smelling was probably unburnt oil evaporating off the burning wick.

Keep in mind I was thinking a 25% oil to 75% fuel ratio, and given that the fragrance was slight with oil straight up, then I'm skeptical to call this a good idea.

Oh, yea, my wife was complaining that I used up $15 worth of oil, so unless I can find this stuff in 4 litre jugs at Wal-Mart, I doubt I'll be continuing with any more experiments, just continuing to burn incense at meets and shows.

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHA...I can't believe you tried it! That is awsome. LMFAO. ubbrollsmile
I do suppose you are right that it was probably just the smell coming from the unburnt oil. Though I am sure I saw somewhere that there was a oil candel that had fragrence in it. It is probably possable but I don't think it is worth $15 for one burn to get the right formula down! Plus even if you could find it in such large quantities at walmart...it would probably be still way too expensive.
Cool idea...burn incense at a show! I never thought of that.

Beyond the Continuum.

Page: