Page: ......
bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Its All Go!!!

the new uberevents website is now ready!

uberevents.org

it has AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the info on UberParis:

follow the links through 'upcoming events' to UberParis biggrin

the booking form is the last menu item...

much smiliness at ubercentral biggrin

here is the general info:

Non-Https Image Link

General Info

• It starts at 1pm on Friday the 15th June, and finishes at 8pm on Sunday 17th June.

• It's at the Gymnase DUPLEIX, place Dupleix, 28 rue Edgar FAURE, 75015 Paris.

• It's being hosted by the amazing Burn Crew Concept.

• Its going to be slightly different to UberEurope: there will only be workshops and shows (and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, but not other meals) at the venue: we decided that it was better to have people coming to the venue JUST for the workshops, not staying there as well. This means better focus = better workshops = a better event. Yippeeeee.

Teachers

The following UberTeachers will be providing workshops for this event:

Meast (BCC)

Jay (Fire Fantasy)

Steph (Fire Fantasy)

Olive (Paris)

Dave Knox (Flame Oz)

Ronan (Ireland)

Ros (JAM)

Rob (Uber, JAM)

Meg (MCP)

Click here to find out just what they'll be teaching you (info will be constantly updated).

Tickets

There is a limited number of tickets, and there are 4 price levels:

Early Bird (first 20, or until April 1st, whichever comes first) - 65Euros

Professional Performer (limited to 20) - 65 Euros

Full Price (advance) - 75 Euros

Full Price (on door) - 80 Euros

To book, please fill out the booking form, and you will be contacted with details of payment.

Accommodation

Unfortunately we were unable to arrange accommodation at the venue this time. So this is what we're doing: If you can find a place to stay in Paris, please do. If you can't find somewhere to stay please mark YES in the 'Accommodation Required' box on the booking form. We will then put you in touch with an obliging host, however spaces are limited so do please try to find somewhere to stay beforehand.

Travel

Here is a map showing the approximate location. We will update it with a more accurate one including details of buses and metro routes.

From the UK:

Eurostar bookings are not available until the 14th of February for the 14th of June. I will be trying to arrange a promotional deal for those travelling, but am not yet sure of the minimum numbers needed. Eurostar is the quickest and most environmentally friendly way to get to the centre of Paris from the centre of London.

National Express have a return from £37 from London, if you are happy to be a little more squeezed.

If you are travelling by car/van from the UK, please do not travel alone: it is cheaper and again more environmentally friendly to share travel with others, not to mention more sociable! Speedferries currently have the cheapest channel crossing - £60 return fare for 4 people in a car, or £80 return for 3 or 4 people in a van.

From other countries:

I would like to fill up this section with cheap travel options from various countries. If you know the website for cheap, environmentally friendly travel in your country, please email me the details and I will add them on the website and here.

Austria]https://www.oebb.at/vip8/pv/en/Travel_within_Europe/Discount_products/]Austria

All travellers:

If you really must fly (here is a reason why you shouldn't), please at least offset the carbon you use, with climatecare.org. Thank you for helping to keep our world a better place.

Ready to book your place? Follow this link

EDITED_BY: bluecat (1174559803)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
That would be kindof cool in an elitist kindof way... it means only the non-slackers would have it biggrin

But feel free to charge for materials, postage and time Dave, if you do...

Getting to the other side smile

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
Ciao!
italian peoeple would really come(surely me,acciaio and hopefully some ather guy) but we are looking for place where to stay and sleep in night..

so,(i'm kneeing myself)if someone has place,room,toilet,garage where we can put bags and a sleeping bag pelase tell us:)
we promise that,as good italian people do,we'll make breakfast .bring parmigiano and ---->COFEE<--- WE 'LL NOT DIRTY YOUR HOUSES:)

perheps if there's no place we ask you,paris people,to link us some inf about hostels close to the meeting point where we could sleep.

tnx you!
ciao!

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

incidentally, here's a list of the workshops we have so far. more to be added:

Olive's workshops

Staffs:
1) Crosses and multi-stickery
How to handle & transfer cross. How to shape geometry with more than 2 staffs
Multi staff & double-cross manipulation: application to dual-plane isolation (having two staffs isolated like with doubles and the two others spinning a standard doubles pattern) & crossers .. and maybe a few throws.

2) Doubles 1-beats
People usually forgot to use 1 beats which are easy to turn around and move with.
This workshop is here to cover that gap, and the different ways to grip a staff to make single beats: How to make continuous 1 beat spinning in wall-plane, side plane and practically everywhere. Application to crossers, walking on a line & further on to Nick's "circling circles"

Poi:
3) Hybrid & circling circles
Being able to do something totally different with right & left hand, and its application to Nick's "circling circles" & continuous warping/unwarping, and walking on a line.
Having one hand doing a different driving style to the other (where 'style' means pendulum, spin, giant, semi-isolated, isolated). This definition of hybridness implies/underlies poly-rhythm

Rob's workshops

1) Poi: Airwraps
Theory, placement, discussion, variety. This will also have some tangliness in it. Designed toward those who can already airwrap, but basic wraps will be taught.

2) Anything: The Workshop Workshop
A workshop in how to prepare for a workshop.
OR
Something else entirely, but non spinning based ;o)

Also, at some point over the weekend I will chair a discussion about the future of Uberevents.

Ronan's workshops

Poi:

1) Stretching circles
Moving circles in lines to create spin + antispin patterns.

2) Hybrids
Same and split time, switching which hand isolations, realising that hybrids can go anywhere you make an isolation. *These are different hybrids to those in Olives class - please ask on the forum for a direct response from the teachers*

3) Throws
To and from anywhere.

4) Antispin & spin + lines
Moving through patterns and direction. Changing to create new patterns, and less sense.

Ros' workshops

Anything:

1) Performance Games
Games and exercises designed to develop essential performance skills including timing, awareness, teamwork, anticipation and audience awareness. Will make you concentrate, focus, giggle, work together and balance things on your head.

2) Chance!
An fun way of developing sequences, finding new combinations and playing with unusual links between moves.

3) Routine Building
One of the most successful Uber-workshops, based on a concept by Manu Laude. Creating individual/group routines over a couple of hours by learning a basic set of movements and developing them with your own style. The workshop finishes with a show for all those not sensible enough to have done the workshop.

Meg's workshops

1) Double Staff: Contact Doubles.
Staff on Staff Contact style doubles. Teaching the fundamentals of this style, plus various other contact doubles patterns most of them very old school, some of them very difficult.

2) Single Staff: Making contact look better.
Discussing some theory of Contact Staff, and learning how much extra movement you can put in while still successfully completing the movement. Adding character to your tricks and working on good footwork.

3) Double Staff: Inside Planes.
Short staffs! Inside planes, inversions, horizontal, inside anti-spin and isolation, and other tomfoolery that you can only do with short doubles. (1.2m is my maximum length, 1m or less is good if you have short arms, or are short, or just want to make it all easier.)

4) Anything: learning theory.
How to learn more efficiently, easily, and with the best technique. This workshop will start with some obvious (to me) advice about how to make learning easier. It will cover more sutble and unobvious tips and then onto more specific techniques and ways to structure your practice. Then evolve into a sharing of techniques and question answering session. This is general advice and can be applied to any prop. (And it was all from different sources, some juggling, some spinning, some music etc.)

5) Video: Video making workshop.

Meast's workshops

Staff:

1) double staff antispin/isolation

2) contact staff

3) double contact staff

herrr....none is making staff passing WS?
oh no. confused

--Late biosas---

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
don't worry for the staff throws & passing .. there will be workshops: remember the Force is strong in Paris

We're currently looking after people to accomodate others, but best bet is to look after your own accomodation. I think there are already some link on uberevents.org

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
thx to the force:)

--Late biosas---

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
bounce woooooah yahwyroooooooowhrayaaaaa.

ahem

uberfrog rocks... or will rock... or has many rocks. something.

oui. je vais aprender le juggly de stick.

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Early bird tickets are going pretty fast....

*hint*

don't worry Darimoth, fenfire, me, the frogs and loads of other staff throwers will be in attendance, so we'll be tossing a lot. er....

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
heh heh snigger

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
We have been experiencing some issues with the booking form, so please copy and paste the following questions (along with your answers!!!) into an email, and send it to robATuberevents.org, replacing 'AT' with @.

Name:

Email:

Email again, in case of mistakes!:

Phone number (including countrycode):

Home City:

Which Uberevent are you booking for?

Do you perform, or teach object manipulation professionally - is it a major source of income?

If yes, what is the name of your company?

Are you a member of the Burn Crew Concept Association? (UberParis only)
What is your preferred prop (multiple answers permitted!)?
Have you attended an Uberevent before? If so, which one(s)?

Vegetarian? Vegan? Other?

Accommodation needed? Please only answer yes as a LAST RESORT.

Any other info?

If you have not received confirmation of your booking within 3 or 4 days, please re-send your form. There is no auto-confirmation that the form has been sent.

firechrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
hi my name is chris biggrin, im from melbourne and im starting my europe travelling with uber paris. what a way to start it. im extatic to see kyle is going, he inspired me to start contact a few years ago and since have been in awe eek watching rob mcp and meast. i cant wait! hope to meet all you beautiful people soon!

people are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
love them anyway
really need help but may attack you if you help them
help people anyway

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

plus a tiny bump... places going reasonably fast - total attendance now somewhere above 60 smile

its going to be soo cooooooooool (does small dance)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hurrah and woot.

I just wet myself with antici.......pation wink

J'ai been practising mon Franglais vous serait pleases to savez:

"Comment est-ce que to fait le matrix? Chaque fois je try it, je bonk moi-meme sur le visage..."

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

firechrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
hi guys. im intending to travel from uber to glastonbury which is on the 24th i think. is anybody going that way that would like company?

people are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
love them anyway
really need help but may attack you if you help them
help people anyway

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
the eternal question: What is meast's second name?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sod his 2nd name! What's his phone number?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
damnit neon, you're straight remember! Get with the program!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*

I'm not straight, I'm a failed homosexual...

Having second thoughts about this now. Still torn between this and Southern Lights...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
That's foolishness! Look at the flyer again! Go watch all the semi-naked footage of meast again! Oh sorry, errr... and try and remember that you're straight also. wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well what use is it if the lad himself doesn't have 'leanings'? If that was the only reason to go I might as well just stay home with the videos! tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
2 female teachers out of 8? Isn't that enough incentive? biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Whoa, you're pulling out the big guns now!

You REALLY want me to go to this? You Mad? umm

Ask a silly question...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
get a silly answer: Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ^_^

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Pika!

Non-Https Image Link

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oops. Derailed.

if 16 quid too much for p&p?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Depends on what you're trying to send.

If it's a Monster truck to my house, then no...

If it's a cheque for £1,000,000 to me, then yes...

If it's to send me to Paris via FedEx in June then it's value for money biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no it's an external harddrive and two usb flash drives to transport oodles of movieage to BJC and other places...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sweet smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
love it when you derail threads ubbrollsmile

Meast real name ... something like Romain Margaritte

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
He's named after pizza?

smile

Getting to the other side smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No, he's probably a descendent of the guy who painted that bowler hat/apple man painting and the other of a pipe titled 'C'est nais pas une pipe'! wink

Page: ......