Forums > Social Chat > this doesn'e deserve a thread but i need sympathy

Login/Join to Participate

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
(i will let this thread go tomorrow or next time i'm on, but heres my pissed off rant - sympathy needed!)

there are probably other people feeling the same now!!!

there were 2 gigs i HAD to go to this summer.

1) suddenly got email from radiohead site a saturday 2 weeks ago-ish, giving dates and venus of their small venue tour. they are playing shepards bush empire THE DAY I FINISH MY EXAMS. but i'd read teh email sunday afternoon, went straight to the site SOLD OUT

oh well i thought, at least i'll be seeing them at
2) glastonbury. didn't manage to get on website the 1st day they were on sale, thinking i'd have a couple of days. SOLD OUT

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

you do deserve a thread and a whole load of sympathy. Poor thing - But can you not work for a ticket at glastonbury? I know it's not the same but there are always ways..........if you do your shifts on wed/thurs you get most of the festival to enjoy yourself.

Hope you manage to sort something
xx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Some people round these parts spunned fire in the circus field last year and, thusly got a performers ticket. Perhaps you could look into doing something similar....

just a thought.

Meh

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
big hug . Life goes on .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Sympathy - I could not afford 2 tickets at the normal price never mind at the ridiculously expensive prices they are been sold at now.

Ah well, maybe you can console yourself with the fact that the atmosphere will be subdued due to the posh wankers with more money than sense after paying triple and upwards the retail ticket price on ebay!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
Dont despair, you could always work at Glastonbury, I worked their last year doing recycling and had a fantabulous time. i made stacks of friends, got yummy free food and then got a check in the post to pay back my ticket money! If you look on glasto website (follow link on www.efestivals.co.uk) (i think) then u should be able to get contact information. If not, PM me and i can forward phone number and address of the company that deal with it (havent got it with me at the mo).
keep smiling
big hugs
tatty

xx

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
(*Wanders in and hugz Em for being luvvly, cute and wonderful*)

(*And again for the sympathy thing*)

(*Sneaks off before anyone realises he's blagged additional hugz*)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise