Page: ...
RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I'll not name, but here are people using word 'gay', to

have fun from others, but I think it is quite unfair.

Sexual orientation is personal thing and someone

can feel accused. Have fun, but talk moral.

no comment,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
As an aside.....I suppose another example of "reclaiming the tools of the opressors" would be the use of the pink triangle..

wonderloey..gay could be more accuratly interpreted to mean "party animal", back in the day.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
NYC: so it's only DEROGATORY when it's in capital letters? wink

I'll get my coat...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I appreciate all your pro's and con's.

Is that cause I ?

thank you,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Getting to the other side smile

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)

de·rog·a·to·ry

tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark

see, the issue here is a bit of culture clash.

voi - you think the word 'gay' is derogatory, because of your background (culture)

noi - we think that its not a derogatory word, its just another adjective. we dont care if straight peaple say it, i dont care if drunk [censored] rednecks say it.

they can say what they like, and so can i.

big applause for neon shaolin, NYC why dont you re-read his posts?

personaly im going off the word, all this talk is making it lame, its just a buzzword you see, i will say something else. its broken in a rash and it will die down again, you cant stop language, you can only ride it.

bill hicks never gave a F U C K about who he offended, and you cant say he was bad for the world or the people...

unless your really straight smile

so lighten up. ruggsniffers wink ****attention this was a friendly jibe***** wink

or,

grandad ****bit more cutting****

wink

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

Ideally I don't want tolerance and acceptance of my sexuality, these are things that you actively have to do. It implies that secretly it still disturbs you. I'd rather it just be invisible. Nobody tolerates and accepts my blue eyes. Nor does anyone define me by them....

Thankyou for articulating a view that i've held dear for a long time.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: 87wt2gxq7

Not entirely unrelated to Chrono's two-posts-ago, when I trail off in the middle of a sentence to watch a stunning pair of boobies go by for example, my housemate is liable to roll his eyes and say something like "you're such a breeder."

Great word, that biggrin

If I were in a position to use breeder as a mock-insult, somehow I don't think I'd think twice about it like I do with gay.

Does this make me a hypocrite?
Discuss (or, more probably, not).

No, it just shows you are caring and considerate to others. Please stop that right now...

Stallion... tongue

Written by: Nx

bill hicks never gave a F U C K about who he offended, and you cant say he was bad for the world or the people...

Damn right!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Written by: Nx

Damn right!

I think folks like Bill Hicks very carefully selected and focused opon who they offended. That's what made him funny.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yup - those who deserved to be offended...

Need I say the G-word? Who does this offend then?

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
nothing further to add:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

I just think it's cute.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Didn't know you had the capacity to find things cute confused

Then again I find them vaguely disturbing...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Didn't know you had the capacity to find things cute confused

it was a recent upgrade.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
So were to put Bugis and Mollydog in front of you...

Would they survive...? :rolleyes:

(What the hell were you doing with a bottle of 'Femme' anyway?) umm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I found it in strugz car. He had a poor excuse for having it. Plus I left him the bottle of 'tweed' maybe next time I'll get chronos with that...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
bottle of tweed? is that a euphemism?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I totally see where Mr. NYC is coming from. Although gay adults may happy with the idea that they're reclaiming the tools of the oppressors, Educators, on the other hand are dead set against the use of gay as an insult in a school envirnment.

If you're interested, research GALE ( gay and lesbian educators ) for their take on this issue, and how it relates the ideals of social acceptance amongst the school aged.

Keep gay youth suicide statistics in mind...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Gale Website.

Interesting. Unfortunately, It's all in Canadian so I don't understand a word of it.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
NYC, You're not aboot to play a round of devil's advocate are you?

(I'm gonna burn in hell...)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Canadian's easy, just read the words between the "eh's", eh?

I was under the impression they were bigger,,,well bigger than local anyways. You guys don't have an equivalent in your home state's ? shires ?

As an issue, this only seems to resonate with people in the educational field as part of an anyi-bullying strategy. They'd know what they're talking about when it comes to bullying, seeing as how they deal with it frequently. and most kids seem to grow out of using it.

That's not to imply that adults using it are immature, but just have different reasons for wanting to do so.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Er Spanner, both links are the same!

Actually I would've thought it would've been more detestable for Chris Moyles to use it. I find his entire existance offensive and the fact that he's the voice that people wake up to in the morning completely unfathomable tongue

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sneaky - Cheers...

But I have to have to admit that I know that Chris Moyles does have an out gay member in his On-Air Entourage so for all I know it could just be exactly what we've been arguing for on this very thread.

Still don't like Chris Moyles though...

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
sorry ,couldnt resist this.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Heehee - Surprisingly I've never had a faggot before... biggrin

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
They're so tasty too...

I just spent Noo Yeer with my homo life mate. I spent most of the post midnight epoch drinking, playing poker, and calling him a "Raging Queen" every time he won a hand.

Gay git smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol

"The great British faggot is full of flavour and a great belly warmer at this time of year."

im sorry but thats brilliant

anyway, sorry i dont have anything to add at this time, but may do so in the future

carry on

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

"The great British faggot is full of flavour and a great belly warmer at this time of year."

Damn straight!

baby_LeeSILVER Member
RUBBISH!!
1,443 posts

Posted:
I don't have any gay friends (well there is you Dave smile) and my straight friends say "that’s gay" (no not me wink) all the time. They don’t mean it to be insulting in any shape or form but I must admit I don't like it when it’s used in that context. I find it slightly insulting and I make a point to them when they do say it. To be perfectly honest, I think it’s a little childish and feel it’s a word you expect to hear on the play ground. Now don't get me wrong, if someone calls me gay I find it quite funny and if you going to insult me, insult me properly for gods sake lol. Calling me gay is quite possible one of the most inoffensive words you can say to me. But when it’s used in a way of basically calling something rubbish, it’s a slightly different story.

Colourful but not very bright.

Blu_valley: oh, and thats the only place where you get the ability to multiple-orgasm Baby Lee...the only place in the universe.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think the reason people here use it in this context is to deliberately act childish (and if you read most of the posts in this thread the people who use it are more often than not gay themselves.

Read the whole thread... hug

baby_LeeSILVER Member
RUBBISH!!
1,443 posts

Posted:
Yeah I couldn't be bothered lol. Its really long and I'm umm working hard wink hug

Colourful but not very bright.

Blu_valley: oh, and thats the only place where you get the ability to multiple-orgasm Baby Lee...the only place in the universe.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
wow! what a coincidence! I *also* couldn't be bothered! But that wasn't about reading the thread...

Page: ...