Forums > Social Discussion > Amnesty action for Darfur/Sudan

Login/Join to Participate

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hi all!

I'm just back from singing at a fundraising event for Amnesty International for their Darfur campaign.

In case you haven't heard about the Sudan crisis yet or want to catch up on what's going on, here's a BBC link.

If you'd like to sign an online petition to increase pressure on the Sudanese government to help improve the situation, and safety, of those who have been displaced by the war and live in camps, please go here. The peacekeeping force's time in Sudan is running out at the end of the year, and Amnesty are trying to make sure Sudan will accept UN peacekeepers, so that the situation will improve, or at least not become worse, for those in the camps.

Thanks hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Sudanese government been a bit of a jerk on this one.

It's possibly the one situation I've seen where peace campaigners have actually been picketing for troops to be sent in.

Anyway, you have my support.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks smile Got a bunch of postcards waiting in my flat to be given out to folks when I'm back in Scotland.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half