Page: ...
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I just discovered the wonders of Facebook. I've found Stroo and Flameboy on there but I'm wondering if anyone else uses it? If not, go get on there now smile

[Edit] Link fixed [/Edit]

EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1165777565)

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Jon your lnk has too many ooos. https://www.facebook.com

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
I was wondering when the connection would be made on this side

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
Facebook is excellent, ive got back in touch with som many high schoolies! Now we're all having a gathering on Saturday! woot woot! feel free to add me y'all im down as Sammy Brett smile i think im public aswell so should be able to se my page?

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Ah yes, I should've said; My real name is Jon Cage wink

Cake or Death?

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I finally got pestered into getting one, though I must admit I don't really get why it sucks people in.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I'm on there, too. Don't really know how to find people or what my account is, I just signed up for the juggling group and log in with my email address and password every time I get invited to some event I already know about ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
Doesnt really have many features if your not registered.
Which makes registering not very appealing.
Not been able to look people up to see if its worth registering really sucks.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

Ah yes, I should've said; My real name is Jon Cage wink

You sure kept this quiet...

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Twiggy

Registration is free and takes all of about 5 minutes... why would you not register?! rolleyes wink

...oh, and Dave; I like to play that down. It was a long time ago.. I was young... I thought punching people in the nuts was fun. Live and learn (to FINISH THEM!1!! ..er *ahem*) that's what I say wink

Cake or Death?

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
 Written by: *HyperLight

Written by: Twiggy

Registration is free and takes all of about 5 minutes... why would you not register?! rolleyes wink

Because i dont want to sign up to something find out theres no one on there i know and have to unregister.
Then even if there are people and i wanted to introduce others, they have no way of viewing my stuff and other peoples they know before joining.

It doesnt seem to make sense, being so cagey about a 'public' profile. Besides if your that desperate to get an online social network you might aswell sellout to MySpaz. They're all just as bad as each other. Its only a matter of which has more options.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
The fact that it's so cagey is what appeals to me... facebook is more like a place to get in contact with people you wouldn't normally get a chance to speak to. Like I've found a few old colleagues, school friends that I'd otherwise not have had a chance to chat to.

Horses for courses I guess...

Cake or Death?

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I registered but people kept adding me as friends. people I knew and liked, people I didn't like at all, people I hadn't seen in years. People I'd only met once.

I got a bit freaked out and unregistered myself again.

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
It's surprisingly extensive, and it is pretty easy to search. It's got some different features than myspace and the like, so it can be really useful.
They recently added the "newsfeed" feature, to which people FREAKED OUT over. ( https://www.techcrunch.com/2006/09/06/facebook-users-revolt-facebook-replies/
)
If this feature makes you uncomfortable or annoyed, you can personalize the information about you that is posted in newsfeeds to your friends.
The photo album feature is really well done-- you can post a LOT of pictures and "tag" the people in those pictures. I've got a big fat album of poi pictures, for example.
I'm Katie Johnston, of the Willamette University network.

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
holy crap I just searched for myself and there's 97 Katie Johnstons. If you're going to search for me, search "katie johnston willamette"

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I only discovered facebook the other day, it is myspace with out the bull [censored] biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I tried to join up ages ago, dunno if it's valid or not though

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Just checked, it's valid, and I've requested to be added biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
confused I can't seem to sign in under any of my E-mail addresses frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I'm on there also, as is everyone in the world and their parents it seems. My real name is Sam Minchin if anyone wants to add me, there are a few, and it shouldn't be too hard to guess which one is me...

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
I'm on too! My real name is Tara Gold...

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
It's a bit weird knowing some people's last names now. ubblol

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mascot

I registered but people kept adding me as friends. people I knew and liked, people I didn't like at all, people I hadn't seen in years. People I'd only met once.

I got a bit freaked out and unregistered myself again.

ubblol This is exactly why I haven't signed up yet... what about all those people I don't want to keep in touch with?

I really don't understand how it works yet though, so I might have to look... can anyone just pull up your profile and find out what you've been up to, or can you keep it private for only those you invite to look?

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
you can keep it private, and only let people you know or have added as friends to see
Mary Oyervides, come find me bounce

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
As a general rule...if someone types your name in looking for you. it will bring up everyone who shares your name on facebook. It will only show your profile picture though and they wont be able to see your profile until you have accepted them as a friend. They will however also be able to see who your friends are...but I believe theres a way of switching that off too smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
It only shows as much info as you put into it really: so its not really a big deal I think. There's a suprising amount of people I know on there, and it could turn out to be pretty handy for getting in touch with people (it works much better than my email!)

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I'm on facebook smile Jo rhymes, I think i am the only jo rhymes on there! bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2222318062
wink

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm...my friend has been going on about FaceBook, she's on there with a few of my other friends so may have to join...altho, considering I don't really do much on MySpace, I don't really see why joinin this one will be any different.

Are you a robot...or an alien?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Holly Marshall, if you add me, and its not obvious from your profile your a hopper, please message me first - thanks!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I hate Facebook so much but I just can't stop myself... it's addictive... maybe a Facebooker's Anonymous thread would be useful smile

Beth Lewis btw biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Page: ...