Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I just discovered the wonders of Facebook. I've found Stroo and Flameboy on there but I'm wondering if anyone else uses it? If not, go get on there now smile

[Edit] Link fixed [/Edit]

EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1165777565)

Cake or Death?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Nonono... it's nice to be given the chance, but myspace makes my eyes bleed!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
yay! ravehead agrees with me! thats the only problem i have with it, i like to be able to make something my own, individual, and with facebook my page is practically the same as everyone elses

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
umm If your page is the same as everyone elses', then your personality needs an individuality check.

wink

If anything, facebook is turning into more of myspace with applications.

It was started as a way for college kids and older crowds to network in a (semi)-professional environment without millions of pictures to load or flashy buttons and html editing.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I agree, I'm really not a fan of all these applications, I wish there was at least a limit as to how many you can have on, on some people's pages you end up scrolling down for ages until you actually manage to find their wall which is really annoying.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

I agree, I'm really not a fan of all these applications,

me either, but its nots not so much people drowning their facebook profile in them that annoys me - its all the invites to use them! i wanna write a note saying i do not want to be a top friend, compared, a vampire, a zombie, harry potter, in hogwarts, hungry, hit/punched/ loved ect ect ect ect. all the daft invites..... its driving me mad

if i could be a busy busy bee...

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I like it. All the crap HTML coding people do on their Myspace thinking their Web Designers ... when in actuality you can't read the text because of the background ... eugh! Nasty-nasty-nasty!!!

Facebook is at least easy to read and you can reorganise it quickly and easily. Ask the people with naff profiles to minimise those Apps that really don't need viewing (I don't want to know I'm a Catholic Schoolgirl Vampire and I'm pretty sure no-one else does either!!!)

I like 'em myself, think they're novel. Much better than randoms putting up more adverts in your comment section on Myspace which is *&!$ing irritating!!!!

And glitter pictures ? Humpdays ? Noooo ! It's wrong I tell thee, wrongness of the greatest magnitude ! Stop it !

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Well I quite like my applications! Every day I get some wise quotes, a new cocktail recipe and, my favourite, a 'word-a-day' to increase my vocabulary! But, yes, it's easy to get carried away and end up with all sorts of rubbish!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
The thing that really annoys me is how you have to install them to find out what they do. I often end up checking one out just to get rid of it again after a minute. Ah well.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

916 posts

Posted:
E_V_I_L do i even have you on facebook???

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Myspace dominates Facebook imho... because of the customisation and the weet tunes you can get from there...

But facebook is *really* good for sharing pictures and what not...

>.>

<.<

...and poking biggrin

Look me up at Henry Eaton if you want to add me smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

916 posts

Posted:
i dont get how to find people on here... someone help me??

10,530 posts

Posted:
There's a search function on the top left of your profile or from your homepage... type in the name of the person you're looking for and gogogo!

smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

346 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

E_V_I_L do i even have you on facebook???

No....and that makes me cry.

lol

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Tea Fairy

Well I quite like my applications!

oh i dont mind the ones i chose to have, like my magic 8 ball! where would i be without my magic 8 ball?! smile but i hate having to decline about 10 new requests to be weird things or add video ect ect every time i log in. smile i still think its better than myspace though, even with all the invites! i spent 40 mins uploading a vid onto myspace the other day and you know what it did?!! it lost it! had to do it all over again frown

if i could be a busy busy bee...

916 posts

Posted:
E_V_I_L: do you know how many people came up when i searched you?! i think i got the right one... not sure though.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Yeah, whenever I try searching for my old friends I get about a million other people show up with the same name... then I have to trawl through them all, trying to squint at the photos and pick out the one which looks most like I'd imagine my friend would look like now, which is hard when you haven't seen them for years... when I looked up one old friend, Kate Alexander (whom I haven't seen for nearly 10 years), practically every picture looked like it could maybe have been her! (They all looked quite alike, it was a bit creepy!).

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

916 posts

Posted:
haha yeah, it was quite difficult since you cant actually see the entire of their profiles, and on the one i thought was right it said he was from nottingham... but last i heard it was near buxton or something! so much more difficult to find people! lol

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
heard on the news this morning that the creator of facebook is being sued for stealing idea's off some programmers ubblol how am i not supprised

346 posts

Posted:

haha yeah, it was quite difficult since you cant actually see the entire of their profiles, and on the one i thought was right it said he was from nottingham... but last i heard it was near buxton or something! so much more difficult to find people! lol

Buxton ? LOL

Burton. Almost right! biggrin

Aye, it's me, ya found me ... time to run away again and hide! Mwah!

It is a sod to find people though ... not tried looking for myself (Although Google hunting for yourself can be fun.)

poi_kittySILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
hey guys, i'm on facebook!!

my full name is Louisa Carroll, and i'm part of the newcastle network. also my userpic is of me and the boyfriend (in case theres a few people with the same name!)

916 posts

Posted:
hey, i said "or something!" telling you that i was wrong! lol and i was going to send you a nice cocktail, but i thought you would beat me up, so i went for beer instead ^_^ ubblol

916 posts

Posted:
again, kitty, i think i got the right one, you mentioned something about your boyfriend, so i chose the pic with a woman and a guy in, hope i got it right :S

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's best if you follow your name with the network that you're in. That way if there's more than one person with the same first/last name you're still able to find them.

Like: Michael Komalarajun - BYU

(How's that for shameless plugging?) wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

10,530 posts

Posted:
If Kael added me, does that mean he's plugged me?

umm

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Hewo wuvwy woonies smile I've succumbed to facebook too... the pirate club is funkee tho smile AAARRRRR!!! ubbrollsmile

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I still don't understand Facebook. I heart my myspace.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
and make sure to mention your real name and your hop name, I just knew this michael guy was a hopper which makes him immediately okay and it took till like last week for me to actually figure out it was Kael

Mary Oyervides (milwaukee, wi)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

916 posts

Posted:
F_R_D: no, if he adds you then he had added you, if he adds a pic or vid with you in it then he has tagged you.

10,530 posts

Posted:

F_R_D: no, if he adds you then he had added you, if he adds a pic or vid with you in it then he has tagged you.

Ah... erm... I was kidding smile

I know the whole tagging thing. Been facebooking for a whiles now.

Unoticed jokes probably means that they're not all that funny.... bugger frown

wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
nah it's just that so many people don't know and are so very confuzzed
so we play nice

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Page:

HOP Newsletter