Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Tips for a first fire spinn

Login/Join to Participate

acidchild
acidchild

Total posts: 117
Posted:Ok so I've got my fire poi, fuel, dip can, dump rag, fire exstinguisher, and first aid kit. I've talked a friend into acting as safety and filming the event. Studyied up on first aid for burns and fire safety. I feel confident and ready to spin fire poi for the first time. So does anyone have any tips for me for my first fire spin?

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

Delete Topic

LazyAngel
LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:make sure you're safety isn't holding the camera, so that if you catch fire, ;they go 'awesome, wait, stop screaming, let me get a good angle..'

wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

acidchild
acidchild

Posted:Dig out the tripod then, got it.

Knowing my friends it would be more like " No don't put it out yet this is the best part!". Wouldn't be the first video of me on fire though.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:i want to see

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

acidchild
acidchild

Posted:Then you should stop out some time. I ready to light em whenever just need a safety, and hopefuly a video camera to capture the moment.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving
Total posts: 1286
Posted:the main thing is to keep it simple. do what you feel confident doing. my first burn consisted of a 3bt weave and a few butterfly moves. spinning with fire is soo different from spinning dry. even if you spin your fire poi unlit, they will feel completely different once you light them up! have fun though!

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

GeoffonTour04
enthusiast
Total posts: 360
Posted:Don't Panic.

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

Posted:well should i drive around waukesha till i see balls of fire wondering around

wondering=wandering

EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1165430871)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Kathain_Bowen
Kathain_Bowen

Good Ol' Yarn For Hair
Total posts: 422
Posted:Make sure, once the burn is over and flames are out, that your filmer stops taping immediately to avoid any embarassing moments such as my ten minute tirade of "It's so hot!"

On a serious note: Check, check, and recheck everything. Get you and your safety on the same page. Do some warm up spinning to make sure you're on your game and your muscles are warmed up. And stay well within your comfort zone (as soon as something feels even the slightest bit off, back away from it).

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Delete

acidchild
acidchild

Posted:Faith, I'm actualy a little out side of waukesha, well if ya want my adress you know who to ask.

kathain, I get what your saying make shure my safty knows how to handel what situations, And if things don't feel right, or somthing dosen't feel comfortable just stop.

Delete

Kathain_Bowen
Kathain_Bowen

Good Ol' Yarn For Hair
Total posts: 422
Posted:Oh, and maybe, just maybe, somewhere in all that.... have fun?

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Delete

BansheeCat
veteran
Total posts: 1247
Posted:I would start with just one poi, get comfortable, then light up two.

Make sure you spin off properly too...

Have fun!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

Posted:look at everyone trying to help the poor kid from wisconsin

Faith

Delete

acidchild
acidchild

Posted:Arn't I so special, everyones being so nice to me.

Delete