Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Tips for a first fire spinn

Login/Join to Participate

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Ok so I've got my fire poi, fuel, dip can, dump rag, fire exstinguisher, and first aid kit. I've talked a friend into acting as safety and filming the event. Studyied up on first aid for burns and fire safety. I feel confident and ready to spin fire poi for the first time. So does anyone have any tips for me for my first fire spin?

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
make sure you're safety isn't holding the camera, so that if you catch fire, ;they go 'awesome, wait, stop screaming, let me get a good angle..'

wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Dig out the tripod then, got it.

Knowing my friends it would be more like " No don't put it out yet this is the best part!". Wouldn't be the first video of me on fire though.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i want to see

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Then you should stop out some time. I ready to light em whenever just need a safety, and hopefuly a video camera to capture the moment.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
the main thing is to keep it simple. do what you feel confident doing. my first burn consisted of a 3bt weave and a few butterfly moves. spinning with fire is soo different from spinning dry. even if you spin your fire poi unlit, they will feel completely different once you light them up! have fun though!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
Don't Panic.

3,556 posts

Posted:
well should i drive around waukesha till i see balls of fire wondering around

wondering=wandering
EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1165430871)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Make sure, once the burn is over and flames are out, that your filmer stops taping immediately to avoid any embarassing moments such as my ten minute tirade of "It's so hot!"

On a serious note: Check, check, and recheck everything. Get you and your safety on the same page. Do some warm up spinning to make sure you're on your game and your muscles are warmed up. And stay well within your comfort zone (as soon as something feels even the slightest bit off, back away from it).

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Faith, I'm actualy a little out side of waukesha, well if ya want my adress you know who to ask.

kathain, I get what your saying make shure my safty knows how to handel what situations, And if things don't feel right, or somthing dosen't feel comfortable just stop.

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Oh, and maybe, just maybe, somewhere in all that.... have fun?

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
I would start with just one poi, get comfortable, then light up two.

Make sure you spin off properly too...

Have fun!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

3,556 posts

Posted:
look at everyone trying to help the poor kid from wisconsin

Faith

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Arn't I so special, everyones being so nice to me.