vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Hey kids
Fireworks Dance needs to hire 12 of Melbourne/victoria's finest professional pyros for a large scale display as part of the Moomba 2007 event. You will recieve industry standard reimbursement (PAID!!!) but must supply your own costume, insurance and fire equipment. The event will occur over two nights and by gosh it's a doozy, I ain't never done anything as kooky as this. It aint for the faint hearted and will be something to tell yer grandkids about! The event is a partnership between fwdco, city of melbourne and a leading pyrotechnics crew that has been in planning for some time, now confirmed and ready to begin. We are particularly looking for people with BIG fire skills, eg. fire hooper, fans, swords, monster poi, or anything that can be seen form a distance. There will be a rehearsal or two, depending on how things pan out. Please contact chris or myself via email, if interested, and attach a bio/list your experience. You must be Melbourne based from Jan to mid march 2007.

cheers and sooty fingers

kerri@fireworksdance.com.au
chris@fireworksdance.com.au

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ah bugger..

id love to help kerry, but unfortunately i still dont have insurance.

anyway, good luck with it, sounds great smile

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
a damn shame, i come up to melbourne like 4 days after this event. although if the pay could sustain me for 4 extra days i dont see why i couldnt come.....

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
insured and interested .. so long as it's not on during the golden plains festival...
please post this in the performers' forum also...
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
wave

devil

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I will pass this on to some people I know in Melbourne who don't come onto HoP.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Hey Stone, you oldskoolpyronutter! Smiles and kisses to you and your talent (: (: (:
Bender, I was hoping you'd be interested with them bigassed tigers of yours...burny and hurty? (;
Im forum retarded these days and have no idea where/wot performers wotnot is. I listed in calendar? I keep hearing stories of your antics from students at circus oz
Ta for the wordofmouth newgabe, with the general travellin' pyro life being what it is, and a wish list strung between china, golden plains, fremantle, london, byron and several no-fixed-addresses,
talent is hard to pin down!

cheers and sooty fingres as always
(hey i set myself on fire last nite)
k

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

1stdegreeburnsGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
hello vyvyan, my name's lawrie and im from scotland but currently staying and working in sydney, i'm not a pro with the poi but i can hold my own and do some fancy combos too, i was just looking for a bit more info about what this event is and how to go about getting insurance, could be interested cause normal work really sucks at summertime weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
el bumpe!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the bump, it reminds me to send this on. Will PM you shortly
Cheers
G

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....