• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Oz travellers, tell me your stories

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Just a shout out to all the HoPpers who've recently gone on Australia tours. I'm planning to go next year and hopefully find some affordable vehicle to travel round in, so I've got tonnes of questions, like how did you travel, where did you stay, any nice places you won't find in the average travel guide that I absolutely have to go to, which HoPper makes the best breakfast... send me pms smile

(Have done a search and am busy extracting information already!!)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete Topic

the_anti_anthony
Total posts: 36
Posted:Birgit, if you want to see a lot of native wildlife, I'd recommend going to a sanctuary/zoo as a starting point. Depending on where you are (I only know a few):
Western Plains Zoo (Dubbo, central NSW)
Australia Zoo (Sunshine Coast, QLD)
Billabong Sanctuary (Townsville, QLD)
Healesville (sp?) Sanctuary (VIC)

Definitely go to the Whitsundays, and get a yacht cruise for a couple of days. Go snorkelling, or scuba dive if you can. Sydney's over-rated, it's just another city with a couple of interesting points. Melbourne's nice, but not much you haven't seen before. Brisbane's quiet and relaxed, but I'm biased.

If you want specific information on QLD I can help, other than that I don't know specifics.

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Bumpety-bump. Just to say. I've booked. A bit later than was originally planned but thus are the perils of doing PhDs and running out of money to pay rent with!

There's a thread in the meet up section (http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...html#Post860455) if you want to see me somewhere along the way, just thought I'd bump this for my own benefit and to get all the recent travellers to share their adventures!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Page: 123