sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
Whats the haps for New Years around Brisbane area?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
[Old link] biggrin

Apart from that I do believe that the Carnival of the Divine Imagination are doing some shows New Years Eve at the Piazza (where juggle jam happens)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sjonboardSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
does much happen in byron bay area?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Depends what you want. Beach, yes. Expensive accommodation and food? Indeed. Lots of people?? Yes. It has acquired a reputation for too many fools with much grog, but I just googled and found this about this year:

The Byron Bay Safety Committee has been formulating the program for a safe community event for this year’s New Years Eve in Byron Bay.

“With the success of last year’s low key, community based, alcohol free, New Year event, the same formula is planned for this year to ensure a safe night” said Chair of the committee, Mayor Jan Barham.

“Council has sought an approval from the Minister for Local Government for the alcohol prohibition again as this was a key factor in providing safety for everyone. This year it has been decided to not close off Lawson Street and focus the event on the beachfront reserves and minimise the impact on local businesses”.

“The event will commence at 3pm with childrens’ activities and market stalls at the beach front. The popular parade will feature again and there is a request to the community to join in by starting to prepare costumes and group presentations. The committee is also calling for stallholders to make an expression of interest to have food and craft stalls on the night and an opportunity for community groups to have free stalls to showcase their work and activities.”

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Im going with gabes first suggestion as well biggrin

Woodford is going to be magical on new years. Awesome company, music, food, and just the general fantasticness (its now a word :P) of it.

Im sure there will be someone on here who could offer a spare spot in a tent :P I know my roomate requested the spare spot in mine about a month ago lol...

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Smart thinking Basstones wink SJ: if you've got a great private party to go to in Bris or Byron or wherever, great, go for it. But for public events/safe wicked mega party, Woodford has it hands down....