Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > any new moves i can learn, but need to be fairly simple! cuz i am!

Login/Join to Participate

playgirlnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
hey there again, can now do the weave,butterfly,over head butterfly,over head cork screw,1 handed cork screw,chasing the sun and over head weave. can anyone suggest a new move i could try? needs to be fairly simple though. my friend is teaching me the butterfly where you keep moving one hand infront the other but so far it's been carnage!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
i'd start here, maybe go down the list

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Reverse weave! Cause that opens LOADS of doors, especially when you link it with a normal forwards weave. Learn that, and you'll have fountains fairly soon afterwards... biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

thombreGOLD Member
74 posts

Posted:
Reels. Really good to learn cos they're so versatile. Learn some reel combinations and you can put them in with anything to make it look really good (REELy - no, now I look at it it's not actually that funny).

Also reverse weave, as Sambo_Flux said

Buy gerbils cos you can't spin with hamsters

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I'll ditto Sambo_Flux as well. Frankly you can take all those moves you know and learn them backwards. Also changing the planes of the movements-- Corkscrew done standing up is Windmill, for example. Mexican Butterfly becomes Corkscrew if you bend over.

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
I agree-[Old link] is the next thing to learn because you can get so many new tricks or ways to get in to them hug

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
backwards weave me i just learned by trying to turn around a painfull way to do it but it just clicks one day and i'd learned two things a backwards weave and from front to back weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: crowley2 (1165795081)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Wibbling is a really easy move you just let go of the poi and catch it again looks amazing during a spin

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
mike, hate to be pedantic, but that's releasing and catching not wibbling!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
wibbles are solid (especially with non weighted poi!!)

as said do stuff backwards, then behind yer back