Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Clapham Common* 2006-2007 BIG OPENING SUMMER MEET!!! 7TH&8TH JULY!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley CLAPHAM COMMON 2006-2007 weavesmiley

Well, the torch has been passed onto me to take control of the Clapham Common Meets biggrin Due to the horrible weather that decides to hit London at this time of year, there will only be a few meets at the common, but it WILL be a weekly thing over the summer!(Becasue me and FRD will have our sundays free because of exams being over and stuff biggrin biggrin) I will keep this thread as up to date as possible in order to try and get as many people as possible. For anyone new to this thread, check the later pages as there more up-to-date stuff will be on there!

------------------------------------------------

WHERE: We ALWAYS start off at the bandstand! (Thats the black dot in the middle of the map) And it looks like this....(pretty isn't it? wink)

Non-Https Image Link

Its is a short walk from Clapham Common and Clapham South On the Tube station, and is literally a 10 minute walk from Clapham Junction! If anyone needs help to get from any station to the meeting place, please do not hesitate to contact me and Im sure that either myself or someone else will come and rescue you! There are little maps situated all over the common showing where you are, and where you need to go. biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Clapham Common Map

--------------------------------------------------------

WHEN: The next meet i have planned for the end of next month. Weather will be getting better. If people want to have the meet sooner, please tell me! I am also wanting to have a meet atleast once a month until the weather does begin to pick up, and then it will become a weekly thing of every Sunday. The time of the start is about 4:00pm and goes on till.....whenever we feel like going home. biggrin biggrin

-----------------------------------------------------------

WHO?: Anyone, bring friends and family, it is just a place where people can come and have a spin and a laugh. If your a beginner and want to learn some moves and play on some other peoples toys, then come along and join in.Or if you are an expert and feel like showing off. Bring along something nice and warm to wear on the cold days though! eek

----------------------------------------------------------

ANYTHING ELSE: Incase of bad weather...STILL COME.Next to Bandstand, is a lovely little cafe (greatest chocolate treats ever ubbangel) and if it gets heavy downfall rain, we go in there till it goes away! biggrin biggrin biggrin And if it is particularly bad, we all go to The Windmill(shown in the map above)

This IS a FIRE meet, so bring along some paraffin to use and share (O...and bring a lighter, some of us don't smoke wink) Doesn't mean to have to play with fire. There will be some avaliable, but its always nice to share hug

FOOD is greatly recieved by all, and any brought would instantly make you a loved person ubblove

--------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING FROM FAR?: If you need a place to stay after travelling a distance to come to the meets then there will be crashing space avaliable to a number of people. But that also means anyone who is a regular person to the meets and has crashing space, please let me know so i can get me people to come down

If there is anything I have seemed to of missed, please tell me.(Spell check if u must wink)

rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Just Another Clown (1180799889)

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
well I know what happened to Neon, what happened to everyone else?

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

965 posts

Posted:
WANTED: POSSIBLE DATES FOR THE NEXT MEET.....PLEASE PUT DOWN ANY DATES biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Ive missed u lot smile

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

beneariaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
Are you guys still doing these meets? My boyfriend and I are keen to go! Is there a regular time/day of the week?

965 posts

Posted:
Basically it will be a regular thing but some of us have other commitments up to a certain date. So it will be a regualr thing after htese have finished. If you wish to have a meet please put down a sepcified weekend date and see whether other people can make it. smile So when is it useful for you? smile

beneariaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
how about sunday april 29th or sunday may 6th? Those are just ideas- I'm free every weekend so if other people have committments on those dates, I'm totally flexible.
So how bout it?

- Bene

965 posts

Posted:
I cant do the 29th, but May 6th should be good. See ya there!! biggrin

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I should be able to do May 6th, count me in! smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Ok, I have no birthdays the day before, no play being performed, no plans for a big night out on Saturday, it's just after I get paid, there are no engineering works on the train line that day, all the things that have stopped me from coming to the last few Claphams are not happening. I'm in!

Also, isn't the 7th the Mayday Bank holiday??
EDITED_BY: monserat (1177077983)

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

beneariaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
cool, may the 6th it is

around what time, and where exactly?

thanks

965 posts

Posted:
Bandstand (centre of common) at around 4pm. biggrin biggrin biggrin See you there smile

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Am £200 pounds in debt due to a stupid 'lets go to budapest!' idea mentioned at the pub...

I shall have to save my pennys to get to the one after this...

hug
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1177493787)

965 posts

Posted:
Well I dont know about this meet, sees to be some interest. But definitely come to the Big Opening Summer Meet On the 7th and 8th of July. Keep on checking the posts to see how many people will make their way down. Anywho, it would be nice to see you.....See ya soon biggrin biggrin biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i wont be able to make it frown

as ill be on my mate's narrow boat delta testing singstar for him and generally getting drunk

maybe ill make the next one.... tongue

back

beneariaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
so is this gonna happen? are people coming? i hope so!

965 posts

Posted:
yeah this one is actually going to happen. 4pm at the bandstand. If anyone is going to have difficulty, send me a PM and I will give you my number so I can come and find any lost sheep biggrin biggrin biggrin

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
bounce it'smy first clapham meet, so cool! and the fact that monday's a bank holiday really is the cherry on top smile

sambo dear... fancy meeting up in camden beforehand? biggrin really don't know clapham and we could drop by the world's end beforehand smileany other takers welcome!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

965 posts

Posted:
I need to buy my ticket for Synergy, so i will needing to go to camden sometime soon. Im also gonna replace some broken stuff in oddballs. Will give a call before hand to confirm. biggrin biggrin biggrin

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
quality smile

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
I could meet up in Camden first as well, might as well make a day of it seeing as I have to travel that much further now!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

beneariaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
see you guys at 4! i'm excited!

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
OK, I've gotta be super lame and bow out of this one, for I have been summoned to spin for Infected Mushroom and Astrix at Psychedelic Academy. Can't really pass that one up...

Have a good time everyone, see you at Spitz and/or Synergy, and Regents park next Sunday. weavesmiley beerchug ubbloco hug hug

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

965 posts

Posted:
Don't worry Sam, you weren't the only lame one. It turned out to be only me and martin, and martin turned up at 4:45. I decided to go at 5:30. So, the next meet I will be arranging will be the BIG SUMMER MEET. Any others, please tell me and i will put up info. I hope that you all had a good time, but grumble....grumble.

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
Aaah, really sorry, I did head down, but was late - got there at 5.45, must have just missed you. Ah well, we took it as a sign, and went to the pub, where I'd already spent most of the weekend smile

I will def be along to the next one, and on time, I promise smile

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Baby Lee and I are still comming to the big summer meet. But only for the Saturday though, have to be back in Brighton by 11 on Sunday to work smile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

965 posts

Posted:
Thats Uber Rubbish!!! But atleast you will be there for one day...Is Mynci making his way here or is he being his usual lazy self? biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Mmmm...I'm going to go with lazy ubblol But you'd have to ask him. I will ofcoarse try and beat him into submission at Southern Lights biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

965 posts

Posted:
thankies gorgeous

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
So is the plan still a big summer meet 7th July?

---edit---

never mind, i'm free for 7th/8th, with a couple of mates.

There is also crash space at my flat if anyone needs it, and is ok staying with a probably complete stranger rolleyes

So will there be anyone there for spinning on the 7/8th?

Also, last time I was down on Clapham Common there were loads of signs up saying "no fire anywhere on the common" ?! Will we still be ok by the bandstand, or will we get chased? I don't remember quite so many signs last year, slightly worrying... confused
EDITED_BY: Fixx (1180531502)

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
bah, 7th is rubbish for me: but the 8th might be a possibility

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

965 posts

Posted:
There will be the 7th and 8th meet going on. It will be good for me as I would have finished exams and Wimbledon Tennis will be over so I won't be working there. Gotta a couple of people from Brighton coming up smile smile Twill be good smile

Page: