Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Clapham Common* 2006-2007 BIG OPENING SUMMER MEET!!! 7TH&8TH JULY!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley CLAPHAM COMMON 2006-2007 weavesmiley

Well, the torch has been passed onto me to take control of the Clapham Common Meets biggrin Due to the horrible weather that decides to hit London at this time of year, there will only be a few meets at the common, but it WILL be a weekly thing over the summer!(Becasue me and FRD will have our sundays free because of exams being over and stuff biggrin biggrin) I will keep this thread as up to date as possible in order to try and get as many people as possible. For anyone new to this thread, check the later pages as there more up-to-date stuff will be on there!

------------------------------------------------

WHERE: We ALWAYS start off at the bandstand! (Thats the black dot in the middle of the map) And it looks like this....(pretty isn't it? wink)

Non-Https Image Link

Its is a short walk from Clapham Common and Clapham South On the Tube station, and is literally a 10 minute walk from Clapham Junction! If anyone needs help to get from any station to the meeting place, please do not hesitate to contact me and Im sure that either myself or someone else will come and rescue you! There are little maps situated all over the common showing where you are, and where you need to go. biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Clapham Common Map

--------------------------------------------------------

WHEN: The next meet i have planned for the end of next month. Weather will be getting better. If people want to have the meet sooner, please tell me! I am also wanting to have a meet atleast once a month until the weather does begin to pick up, and then it will become a weekly thing of every Sunday. The time of the start is about 4:00pm and goes on till.....whenever we feel like going home. biggrin biggrin

-----------------------------------------------------------

WHO?: Anyone, bring friends and family, it is just a place where people can come and have a spin and a laugh. If your a beginner and want to learn some moves and play on some other peoples toys, then come along and join in.Or if you are an expert and feel like showing off. Bring along something nice and warm to wear on the cold days though! eek

----------------------------------------------------------

ANYTHING ELSE: Incase of bad weather...STILL COME.Next to Bandstand, is a lovely little cafe (greatest chocolate treats ever ubbangel) and if it gets heavy downfall rain, we go in there till it goes away! biggrin biggrin biggrin And if it is particularly bad, we all go to The Windmill(shown in the map above)

This IS a FIRE meet, so bring along some paraffin to use and share (O...and bring a lighter, some of us don't smoke wink) Doesn't mean to have to play with fire. There will be some avaliable, but its always nice to share hug

FOOD is greatly recieved by all, and any brought would instantly make you a loved person ubblove

--------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING FROM FAR?: If you need a place to stay after travelling a distance to come to the meets then there will be crashing space avaliable to a number of people. But that also means anyone who is a regular person to the meets and has crashing space, please let me know so i can get me people to come down

If there is anything I have seemed to of missed, please tell me.(Spell check if u must wink)

rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Just Another Clown (1180799889)

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Argh indifferance...

Just find out I get paid on friday instead of monday now..

Would I get shouted at if I said maybe again?

Working full time at the momant and am feeling pretty zonked.
I'll see how I'm feeling towards the end of the week...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
nah...don't think I'm coming now, if I do it would only be for a few hours on saturday evening...but I would have to leave in time to catch the train back to Brighton. *nods*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Don't have us be the only ones in the rain, althought the forecast has changed for the weekend, it will be dry.......just not warm......

weavesmiley

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i am going to be on the common on

SATURDAY AFTERNOONISH

and probably Sunday afternoonish too, unless Saturday really sucked

looking forward to everything etcetera hug

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna try and get there for 2pm...

Even if I'm the first one there...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Oooh ! I might even chiill on the common on sunday meditate I hope the sun has got his hat on ...oh hip hip hip hooray

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I'll be there now I've quit my russish job. Coming down with a mate, be there bout 4ish. See y'all there! biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Im gonna be on the common as soon as I can after work. That will probably mean around....5...:30...ish? See you there!

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
If enough people go I think I may even go tomorrow

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
Nice to see you all and meet you all etc! It was fun and Dry! next time!

weavesmiley

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
If anyone is about tomorrow in the common myself and a friend will be spinning. Sunday 29 July

weavesmiley

d4rkly_cuteSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hello,

I am interested in spinning and I would like to attend the gatherings in London.

I was wondering if someone can pm me the location, dates and times so that I can join in the fun.

Page: ...