Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Clapham Common* 2006-2007 BIG OPENING SUMMER MEET!!! 7TH&8TH JULY!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley CLAPHAM COMMON 2006-2007 weavesmiley

Well, the torch has been passed onto me to take control of the Clapham Common Meets biggrin Due to the horrible weather that decides to hit London at this time of year, there will only be a few meets at the common, but it WILL be a weekly thing over the summer!(Becasue me and FRD will have our sundays free because of exams being over and stuff biggrin biggrin) I will keep this thread as up to date as possible in order to try and get as many people as possible. For anyone new to this thread, check the later pages as there more up-to-date stuff will be on there!

------------------------------------------------

WHERE: We ALWAYS start off at the bandstand! (Thats the black dot in the middle of the map) And it looks like this....(pretty isn't it? wink)

Non-Https Image Link

Its is a short walk from Clapham Common and Clapham South On the Tube station, and is literally a 10 minute walk from Clapham Junction! If anyone needs help to get from any station to the meeting place, please do not hesitate to contact me and Im sure that either myself or someone else will come and rescue you! There are little maps situated all over the common showing where you are, and where you need to go. biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Clapham Common Map

--------------------------------------------------------

WHEN: The next meet i have planned for the end of next month. Weather will be getting better. If people want to have the meet sooner, please tell me! I am also wanting to have a meet atleast once a month until the weather does begin to pick up, and then it will become a weekly thing of every Sunday. The time of the start is about 4:00pm and goes on till.....whenever we feel like going home. biggrin biggrin

-----------------------------------------------------------

WHO?: Anyone, bring friends and family, it is just a place where people can come and have a spin and a laugh. If your a beginner and want to learn some moves and play on some other peoples toys, then come along and join in.Or if you are an expert and feel like showing off. Bring along something nice and warm to wear on the cold days though! eek

----------------------------------------------------------

ANYTHING ELSE: Incase of bad weather...STILL COME.Next to Bandstand, is a lovely little cafe (greatest chocolate treats ever ubbangel) and if it gets heavy downfall rain, we go in there till it goes away! biggrin biggrin biggrin And if it is particularly bad, we all go to The Windmill(shown in the map above)

This IS a FIRE meet, so bring along some paraffin to use and share (O...and bring a lighter, some of us don't smoke wink) Doesn't mean to have to play with fire. There will be some avaliable, but its always nice to share hug

FOOD is greatly recieved by all, and any brought would instantly make you a loved person ubblove

--------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING FROM FAR?: If you need a place to stay after travelling a distance to come to the meets then there will be crashing space avaliable to a number of people. But that also means anyone who is a regular person to the meets and has crashing space, please let me know so i can get me people to come down

If there is anything I have seemed to of missed, please tell me.(Spell check if u must wink)

rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Just Another Clown (1180799889)

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Doug: 28th sounds good to me! Count me in! Yesterday was quality, apart from major parafin leakage on the way home. I was covered, and I got some very strange looks from people on the way home cause of the smell.
rolleyes
Martin: Muhahahaha! It's all good boss, a hangover is a worthy excuse hug. See ya at Spitz?

Anyone else that was there: nice to meet you all! Hope to see you all at many meets in the future! Hope fully i'll remember my dipping pot next time.

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
yay NYE! biggrin

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*kicks sam in the pants*

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

mandalanewbie
7 posts

Posted:
thank you all for nice time on Sunday smile See u soon smile

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
why am i getting kicked? frown

back

965 posts

Posted:
Cause Its Christmas? ubbangel

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
does that mean i can give FRD his christmas "beating around the head with length of 2X4" early? smile YAY

*picks up plank of wood.....

back

965 posts

Posted:
sorry you will have to wait till tomorrow. Don't let Henry destroy the Spirit of Christmas smile

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hee hee *beats henry with a large halibut* hee hee biggrin

back

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Yay, FISH FIGHT!!!!!!

*charges forth brandishing mackerel*

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oh no...deja vu ubblol

*steps into the safety of the corner*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

965 posts

Posted:
* puts down armory of mackerel*

Where was I? Right. It seems that I have an important meeting on the next meets day! frown Meaning I have to be in Putney by 7. It means I can arrive at the correct time and get things rolling but I cant do much spinning and will have to leave early frown If people want to keep the date and have a meet please say so, or I can set the date for any other day if people want it.

I would also like to put forward a date of mid February. Cause I know I will have some lovely moves obtain from The Scottish Juggling Convention biggrin biggrin biggrin

Ciao.

J.A.C.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll be in London on the 18th from 11.15 - 1700 and on the 21st from 1300-1800 if anyone fancies meeting up tongue

Going to visit Nate in Exeter and will be stopping in London to change megabuses

biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
gimme a call on either day and ill see where and what i am up to tongue

back

965 posts

Posted:
Right The Next is looming, and it now seems I will not have enough time to make it to this weekends meet atall thanks to a lovely away fixture about 3 hours away, and due to the huge popularity of this thread, It will not bother anyone. frown

If anyone is going to be heading down to Clapham on sunday PM me and I will inform you if anyone will be making their way down smile

Im also looking at dates for a lovely large clapham meet in the early/mid summer so if there is any particular times please post ubbangel

J.A.C. xXx

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Do'h! Not sure if I could make it down anyway now, got a work bash this weekend so I'll probably be well hung over.

Mid February is good though, as long as it's not round the weekend of the 9th (Synergy on the 9th, yay) biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if this would still be on this weekend given what the weather's like at the moment. Is anyone going to be about?

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Ooooh... Skiiing.

Get you.

*isn't jealous. Nope. Not at all.*

biggrin

Bring on the summer, I say.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Pigeon, you are indeed The Pigeon, I am merely a pigeon every now and then. I haven't dressed up as you yet but give it time... wink

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hmmm well kinda forgot about this ... and hop in general really ... damn wow... ah well tongue

if people are in and or around camden call me and we can meet up biggrin

back

965 posts

Posted:
Right.....Next Meet! Weather seems to be picking up so Im looking for a next date to meet up. Does the 25th February sound good? Well If people will be happy with that then Its a date!

And the Big Summer Meet I was thinking early july! The 7th and 8th of July? If people are happy with that as most exams are over and the weather should be lovely by then biggrin biggrin

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
Noooo... I really want to go to another one of these, I had so much fun at the last one! It was great meeting everyone, and i've beenlooking for another date I can do, but i'm back in NI to see the folks on 25th.

I will make one again at some point, I promise smile

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Nothing happening on the 24th or is it just a day thing?

Either way see you there biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
7th of July works for me! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

965 posts

Posted:
YAY!! Lois is coming!! biggrin biggrin You going to drag Baby Lee aslong aswell? biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
If he's not doing anything else then yes, but you never know with that boy...such a social butterfly ubblol, but more than likely. I make the plans, Lee tries to follow them ubblol

We will be requireing a comfy place to sleep over on the saturday, if that is at all possible? *bats eyelashes* biggrin

965 posts

Posted:
Yeah should be no problem! biggrin biggrin Drag some other people along with you! We want many people to this one biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Oh, please, I have trouble getting some of the Brighton spinners to spin in Brighton, never mind anywhere else! But as alway I will try. This is after southern lights, so maybe just maybe, if I get the people to Southern lights they will come to this too. biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i cant do 25th but if anyone is interested the 1st -> 3rd of feb is balls for balls - an oppertunaty for you all to watch and go "i can do that...."

back

965 posts

Posted:
OK, Is anyone turning up this weekend? Im going to be a bit/maybe quite a bit late due to a rugby tournament before the meet! But is anyone going to be turning up?!?!? Cause I dont want to come and be left alone at the bandstand! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Anyone?

Page: ...