Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *Clapham Common* 2006-2007 BIG OPENING SUMMER MEET!!! 7TH&8TH JULY!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley CLAPHAM COMMON 2006-2007 weavesmiley

Well, the torch has been passed onto me to take control of the Clapham Common Meets biggrin Due to the horrible weather that decides to hit London at this time of year, there will only be a few meets at the common, but it WILL be a weekly thing over the summer!(Becasue me and FRD will have our sundays free because of exams being over and stuff biggrin biggrin) I will keep this thread as up to date as possible in order to try and get as many people as possible. For anyone new to this thread, check the later pages as there more up-to-date stuff will be on there!

------------------------------------------------

WHERE: We ALWAYS start off at the bandstand! (Thats the black dot in the middle of the map) And it looks like this....(pretty isn't it? wink)

Non-Https Image Link

Its is a short walk from Clapham Common and Clapham South On the Tube station, and is literally a 10 minute walk from Clapham Junction! If anyone needs help to get from any station to the meeting place, please do not hesitate to contact me and Im sure that either myself or someone else will come and rescue you! There are little maps situated all over the common showing where you are, and where you need to go. biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Clapham Common Map

--------------------------------------------------------

WHEN: The next meet i have planned for the end of next month. Weather will be getting better. If people want to have the meet sooner, please tell me! I am also wanting to have a meet atleast once a month until the weather does begin to pick up, and then it will become a weekly thing of every Sunday. The time of the start is about 4:00pm and goes on till.....whenever we feel like going home. biggrin biggrin

-----------------------------------------------------------

WHO?: Anyone, bring friends and family, it is just a place where people can come and have a spin and a laugh. If your a beginner and want to learn some moves and play on some other peoples toys, then come along and join in.Or if you are an expert and feel like showing off. Bring along something nice and warm to wear on the cold days though! eek

----------------------------------------------------------

ANYTHING ELSE: Incase of bad weather...STILL COME.Next to Bandstand, is a lovely little cafe (greatest chocolate treats ever ubbangel) and if it gets heavy downfall rain, we go in there till it goes away! biggrin biggrin biggrin And if it is particularly bad, we all go to The Windmill(shown in the map above)

This IS a FIRE meet, so bring along some paraffin to use and share (O...and bring a lighter, some of us don't smoke wink) Doesn't mean to have to play with fire. There will be some avaliable, but its always nice to share hug

FOOD is greatly recieved by all, and any brought would instantly make you a loved person ubblove

--------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING FROM FAR?: If you need a place to stay after travelling a distance to come to the meets then there will be crashing space avaliable to a number of people. But that also means anyone who is a regular person to the meets and has crashing space, please let me know so i can get me people to come down

If there is anything I have seemed to of missed, please tell me.(Spell check if u must wink)

rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Just Another Clown (1180799889)

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ohhhh first post

go me! biggrin bounce

i cant make 16th frown visiting elderly relatives on top of their mountain in wales

back

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I may even be able to make this one biggrin Although prefer the sunday after :s

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

965 posts

Posted:
I will make it the sunday(if people want), but i wont be able to arrive till a bit late. If people are happy to meet on the sunday without me, i will join up with you guys later? biggrin biggrin Yes/no?

SUNDAY!! 17th!!! ubbrollsmile

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I take it Monday is out of the question?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

965 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

I take it Monday is out of the question?

tongue spank tongue

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i'll be up some time next year hopefully with 2 in tow wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
I'll be there! Wooo! Hopefully the weather will be OK and not too cold. I'll be there either way though... biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hey guys would any of you lovely people be able to put a couple of travelling spinners up for a couple of nights in january round about 23rd-25th jan 2007, as we are traveling down to london to watch the cirque du soliel show at the royal albert hall but want to get some spinning in as well whilst were there and thought there may be some very nice kind person who would be able to let us crash and spin with them

if so please can you let me know asap as i need to find somewhere to stay those two nights... thank you

lee

thanks for burning with me

965 posts

Posted:
So it looks like quite a few people are coming along to this meet biggrin As I cant be there from the beginning does anyone want to start the meet without me? biggrin

I hopefully will be there at around...(Time to be found out)

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
will be able to come if someone can put me up for the night Please please please with cherrys and cream on top
EDITED_BY: crowley2 (1165873235)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Would you let somebody who you had never met come stay in your house after thye had just said

Written by: crowley2

will be able to come if someone can put me up for the night

A please would be nice, maybe a hint of gratefullness.

Manners maketh man wink

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
im sorry please please please can you let me stay the night lol it is just tht one night on the 24th january....were really nice people and just out to travel to london for a spin... and a laugh its always nice to meet fellow spinners all round the country

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Oh no no that wasn't aimed at you munchkin!
Your request of bedspace was most polite, and if I lived in london I would give it to you! hug

965 posts

Posted:
Fire Fairy Liquid. Im sorry but I cant offer crashing space, I usually do have space, but for that week, I got a bunch of family staying with me frown I will however seek around for space if u so desperately need it.
Crowley I will ask around if you need crashing space on that day. Would be awesome to see you down here! biggrin

Well interest is high. I know that quite a few people are already coming and more would be great. biggrin biggrin The more the merrier.

I am also wanting to know what dates people would be good for in january. I was thinking of having another meet in the last weekend of january. biggrin

J.A.C. hug

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
(sorry for being inpolite as punishment earlier have taken poi and spun them some where i havent since i started)

*crumples with pain*

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol did i mention we were travelling from manchester lol that is why i am so desperate for somewhere to stay lol

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
il bring biscuits lol i know every spinner likes biscuits lol

mandalanewbie
7 posts

Posted:
I will be for sure wink (if I'll find you wink )

965 posts

Posted:
Then come biggrin biggrin

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
are there any fire meets between the 30th dec and the 1st jan in/near london, i am visiting my bf it would be great to meet up with other fire spinners too??! pretty please with a mahoosive cherry on the top

mandalanewbie
7 posts

Posted:
I'll finish work at 4.00 p.m smile soooo...I can come some minutes past ( I'm working on Clapham Common) wink if you have a mobile number to keep in touch?

965 posts

Posted:
I have sent you a PM with my number incase you need it. And I will see you on sunday. smile

funny angel. Thats rather a short time to go for a spin.....one day? There may be one about but probably not on clapham common sorry frown

Well seems a few people are coming this weekend. I got some parraffin and food, and cameras on charge smile

mandalanewbie
7 posts

Posted:
thanks then smile see you on sunday smile

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
funny angel. Thats rather a short time to go for a spin.....one day? There may be one about but probably not on clapham common sorry frown

ah well, thanks anyhoo!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I am in germany and everybody is on the common.
This is most rubbish frown

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Aimee! are you in Germany?ooh! they have lots of beerchug What are you doing? And when are you coming to London again to stay with Irinus and me? Come sooooooon! hug hug

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Im in Nürnburg for the christmas market!
Its a bit rubbish though. Here with my dad and sister. Hotel is miles away from market, and hotel also miles away from food stuffs. Been living off beer, pretzles and haribo from the vending machine for the past three days.

AND thers no tea here either! Not a single drop!
However, I fly back early tomorrow morning where Ed is patiently waiting for me in Hastings biggrin

London! New year?

(also is there anything hapening in london for NYE that I should be informed of? no plans as of yet...)

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
ahaaaa, family holiday,.. I see smile

Lack of tea is a sad thing,... in fact, not to make you jealous or anything, but I'm having tea... right now biggrin heheh!

Tommy and I are buggering off to scotland for NYE, but I've no idea what other London people are doing... Why don't you come to Scotland? It's mcp's winter meet thing bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

965 posts

Posted:
Well...yesterday was a great success(in some respects) Some new people turned up who we didn't know, while others who said they were coming, didn't. smile We had a great and had a lovely time.

Aimee. Some of the things happening in London on NYE include synergy project and random parties smile

Well Im planning the next clapham common meet in january towards the end of the month, the 28th, which is a sunday? Will people be able to make it? smile

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
apologies for being rubbish and not coming. I was the most hung over I've been in a long time and couldn't face anything other than crawling back into bed spank spank spank for me. Completely self inflicted and I thoroughly deserve all the abuse that is coming my way.

I shall endeavour to be clean and sober for the 28th January wink

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Page: ...