kisumiSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Can anyone tell me the best place to buy flow poi?
Like the ones nick woolsey uses in his most recent dvd.
Have looked on home of poi and poi poi.

Please help! frown frown

Come to the dark side
We have cookies!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
You could try googling it... which would lead you to many sites that sell them including Flow toys themselves.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
wow there products are great just finiding out if they ship to the UK and how much they charge for it

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yup, they do. biggrin

And what's more, the guy that runs it is incredibly cool and an ace spinner.

I have nun-chucks and big staffs from them... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i was thinking of a staff

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have their Poi. I find that they look pretty but if you knock them they turn off, which is very annoying.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
oooooooooooooooooooooooo wow their toys look mighty purrrdy biggrin

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Hey, Skully, which LED poi did you get? the egg-shaped ones, or the glowstick-shaped ones? I was thinking of putting glow poi on my giftlist for the holidays smile and was trying to find a good set that would last - ideally one with multiple color settings, and color changing as an option.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
and wheres the Flow devilstick

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Rione: I'd recommend the egg-shaped ones. He has some new lights in development (of his own design) and having seen the prototypes I can tell you they're going to be really, really sweet and way better than the sticks they currently sell.

The Oggz poi do change color, but you don't get multiple settings on them. They swing nice though, and look nice in white socks. smile

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

RioneBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Oooo, new designs for glow poi... biggrin can't wait to see them! Do you have any idea when his design will be ready for production and selling, Khan? If they're as good as you're hinting at, I may just wait for them to come out.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have the rod shaped ones. Very pretty, but they turn off too easily.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rione

Oooo, new designs for glow poi... biggrin can't wait to see them! Do you have any idea when his design will be ready for production and selling, Khan? If they're as good as you're hinting at, I may just wait for them to come out.

The last I spoke to him about it (last weekend), he's waiting to see the new motherboards, and assuming everything's okay with them they'll go into production in January. That was the plan as relayed to me. Production has already been delayed though, so while I'm hopeful about the current plan, I'm not counting on it.

The new lights don't cycle through different colors, though there will be different color combinations and choices.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

PaliGOLD Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
*apologizes to crickets for disturbing their 2-year song*

So, flow poi!

I'm debating between the duo and trio. I'd prefer the trio, but only if I'd be able to do buzz-saw type moves with them.

This post goes out to flow poi trio owners (who are around 5'8"): can you buzz-saw with them or are they too long?

Thanks!

Genuineness only thrives in the dark -- like celery.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I am a 6'2" flow poi duo owner and I wouldn't get the trios. the duos are cumbersome enough.

It took me a while to get used to their length, it makes the whole thing fly so much differently, but that could also be due to the leash length, now that I've gotten colecord to replace it they're a bit longer so I can wrap em round my fingers it feels more comfortable, but I'd gone a long way to getting used to them in general anyway, so I can't really tell how each influenced the way I used the poi....

Oh right... buzzsaw... buzzsaw can only be done down to a certain length... I'm sure you could do a full lenth buzzsaw with the trios, but even with the duos you can't make them really short to do it because the head is still pretty long...

But sometimes I just have the end ones on, so the patterns are more obvious, they can easily get lost with the second set on. (Not lost to me but to people I'm demonstrating things to.. as when teaching) so I dunno how much more effective the third light really will be in performing...

But thats just my opinion...
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1220857746)

hug

torchleinGOLD Member
Jupiterpassion
35 posts

Posted:
You can also go to Flowtoys via Nick Woolseys website www.playpoi.com
That way he gets a little percentage. His new DVD has taken so much longer than expected and threw him into big minus so he will appreciate it and it keeps him going teaching us new stuff grin

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
I bought mine from flowtoys themselves, shipping to the UK can cost quite a bit though (~30 USD iirc). If your just after the lights themselves HoP now sells a nice selection grin

i've got crystal poi with flowmass and flowlight handles, love em! grin