tigglesmMember
1 post

Posted:
Twirling at parties in my fav t-shirts and they all have black stains. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them off?

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tigglesm

Twirling at parties in my fav t-shirts and they all have black stains. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them off?

I usually grasp the right t-shirt sleeve with my left hand and then work my right arm fully out of the sleeve.

The whole shirt can then be pulled over the head and finally over the remaining left arm.

It's not the only way- some people seem to have a method whereby the whole shirt seems to be peeled off the body first, then the head and then both arms simultaneously; it's a bit advanced for me but seems to work fine for them.

Good luck! smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
rofl
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol biggrin

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
*falls on the floor laughing* Thats mean dave.

try hand washing... use pure soap (should be able to get it in the supermarket in the bath/beauty section, usually hinding someplace down on the bottom shelf) directly on the stain and rub the fabric on itself.

also, "preen" or some similar pre-wash stain remover spray, or soak it in napisan or make a paste out of the napisan and rub it on there.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

nice one dave
x

Getting to the other side smile

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
When I was in Canada I got grease on my choir gown and it was really noticable (and I would have gotten in heaps of trouble if anyone found out).

My host dad was a carpet cleaner and his chemicals worked well!

The moral of the story? find someone who works with cleaning chemicals and see if you can raid any of their stash. Make friends with mechanics and stuff and see what cleaning products they use, use stronger than normal supplies if it is stubborn.

Oh and find a lady called Martha Gardner, she's a lovely woman

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
i don't know if this stuff is avaliabe every where but i use sard wonder soap.

You wet the shirt put some sope on and scrub it to gether then when most of the mark is off you can rinse it and chuck it in with the rest of your washing.

Also a good trick i have found for shows is if you carry some baby wipes with you they get the marks of your skin and if you use them as soon as posible they will get most marks of clothes

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
i have costumes i wear for shows and there to delicate to machine wash so i use baby wipes they get rid of all black soot marks.

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
I use Vanish soap on the stains and they come out really easily - The stuff works miracles!! You can get it in powder form which you can add to your washing machine with the detergent, or you can get it in a cream or normal bar of soap which you apply directly to the fabric pre-wash. Good luck!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TinyPixie

I use Vanish soap on the stains and they come out really easily - The stuff works miracles!! You can get it in powder form which you can add to your washing machine with the detergent, or you can get it in a cream or normal bar of soap which you apply directly to the fabric pre-wash. Good luck!

How much were you paid for that?? ubblol

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned