Forums > Social Chat > 2012, nanotech, animism, dimensional theories

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
science nerd like me? sacred geometry new age buff? check this out. (12 strand artificial dna, NON ratcheted dodecahedron, just around the corner. 5th element type stuff)nerd stuff

[ 11. April 2003, 22:44: Message edited by: arashi ]

EDITED_BY: arashi (1093222117)

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
spiralx.
a good starting point from here, now that we understand how music and matter are related, is the "harmonics" concept of sacred geometry...
how is it that _you_ are described in this 3D space? science only looks at the facts, thank god. to a scientist, you are a certain amount of carbon, potassium, etc. those elements all add up together to make your consciousness, but in quantitative terms, you are just basically a complex electromagnetic field (in final fantasy, these were called waves). now, your DNA carries with it the matrix to create YOU and only you. so in effect your EM frequency manifests as you and only you, but it is pretty close to the EM of other humans. but to a scientist, he can look at the DNA and have you too, and with a few little changes he can have somebody else. the DNA is harmonically related to the life form, like a subharmonic. but to me and you, there's a BIG difference between the "pamela anderson" genotype and the "david bowie" genotype. (vive la difference!) what i'm trying to explain is this...
a scientist looks at you, and sees a EM frequency. a scientist looks at a lake, and sees a different EM frequency. different quantitative EM frequencies manifest as VERy different things, like iron and water, but qualitatively they have similarities. how can we observe these similarities? by simply looking around! the differences are manifest in nothing less than the universe, everything around you. a EM of a bunch of water sitting on top of EM of rock is called a "lake." but a lake is different than an ocean, right? a lake hads it's own set of EM, directly affected by the fact that it is sitting on top of earth, which has it's own EM. and so "lake" the word, is merely a phrase for a set of certain EM parameters. follow me so far? cuz all i've done is traded words and repeated myaself, but this time it might make more sense to you, since i'm not using "loaded" words. yet

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hey yall. good thread. no one has mentioned nikola tesla yet! he had a number of ideas that are oddly related to this discussion. the earth as a resonant structure that our bodies are harmonious with, i did a quick search and came up with https://www.spiritofra.com/EC_Awakening.htm.
resonance is such a cool concept, ties in to efficient use of power, reaching potential, etc.

maybe why a 3bt weave feels so good?

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
aiiee! i hope i didn't kill this thread. it has such promise for some enlightment {for me}.

dune:: i don't get the connection to nanotech or transdimensional theory. it's been a long time i have to admit. can someone summarize the related concept from dune?

gibson:: i love that guy. i've read all of his books several times, my favorites are still count zero&nueromancer. neal stephenson (diamond age, snowcrash, cryptonomicon) is a must read if you haven't. must dammit!

open question: has anyone witnessed a act of power ala carlos castanada?

something kinetic. as i understand it, a common definition of majick is getting things done. ok, yay. so you influence people and things happen that you would like to happen. i guess my vision of majic is closer to psi powers.

take care

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
re Carlos Castinada.. not sure if I've actually witnessed or indeed actually experienced, but I read the Teachings of Don Juan, when I was on a bit of an acid road (lasted for a few months.. made me a little ) but a group of my friends and I in Oxford tried to work the teachings.. I think I have experienced my spirit guide.. but hallucinogenics can do funny things to you.. specially in the ammounts that we used to take..(don't do it kids - drugs are BAD mkay?)

It is truely powerfull stuff indeed, I'm not too sure if I could actually handle it all coz I did really fry my brain... acid and mescaline.. hmmm

(hey I finally know what this thread is about!)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Arashi... you might be better served by calling it the "wave function" rather than "EM frequencies"... it's what you're trying to say but it's more accurate

Anyway you talk about the wave function of a lake but how are you defining a lake? A lake is a collection of water molecules (and other stuff) each of which have their own wave function. Yet the constituent parts of the lake constantly change... water evaporates off of it, flows out or in, gets heated up by the sun etc. The term lake is just a handy label for something we see.

I'm rambling now.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vanize:
...so really you are nothing more than a suppostion of a supposition of a supposition of a supposition of a supposition of a bunch of different waves that happen to have frequency combinations such that they happen to be more or less stable in what we percieve as space/time
arrrrgh i'm gunna scream .. that one did my head in.. FANTASTIC train of thinking, vanize!!

arashi, when they made you ghola, they sure did break the mould - or is that axlotl tank?!?
mate, in your post, when you refer to dune did you refer to 'notime' as being the null existence in a stealth chamber, or did you mean to refer to the Bene Gesserit principle of 'Other Memory', the genetic memory of humanity (including whole life experiences) accessible by a 3500 year old giant worm of a dude called Leto II.

omg i gotta sit down now fellas and do something silly beofre my head explodes...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
1. misstix, DAMMIT YOU CAN"T BE THE PESKY PIXIE THAT'S MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! isn't one cool name enough?
2.rftek... dune connections, sheeeeut... no nanotech, but just about every power, every secret teaching in dune is a reference to a real "shamanic" or sacred teaching, pulled by the man himself from the vast collection of secret teachings he had access to. not sure what typo
3. bender's referring to, but my "molecular memory" or "akashic record" is what the bene gesserit have learned to tap into, the other memory, that's probably what you mean cuz i've discussed it a few times now. "no ships" and stuff, i believe, operate on the same principle as active stealth, using transdimensional energy, but really i have no idea. actually i think they create a bubble of anti prescience (-5Dim.) don't they? like "antimatter?"
4. spiral, now we're saying the same thing. YOU are a continually transforming collection of trillions, each undergoing a life death process, but you are still a "spiral". you are a higher harmonic of the individual cells, repsresentable by the size difference. a lake is a lake, unless the water goes somewhere else, nuked, or dam blows, and it's not a lake anymore. evaporation is part of it's "existence cycle." thing is i'm trying to take a leap now from micro to macro, but we haven't gotten to the lake spirit yet, first you really have to understand, it's a different mode of thought, like saying "sine wave" what is a sine wave? well, it's a term, used to describe a set of parameters that otherewise could have very little to do with one another, it's a human concept, sine wave, but it is also real, an EM event. lots of waves are sine waves, and they all have different "shapes". i don't wanna try to explain what a lake is, "lake" is a word, but try to get you to understand the waveforms that they all have in common. dented earth has a waveform, so when that waveform and "a lot of water" waveform get together, there is a uniqeness. who cares where the exact line that makes the parameter is, the universe takes care of those details for us.
5. rftek, at the risk of seeming like somebody that knows what the heck is going on, yes, i have, and i know many others. refer to my earlier post, page 2 post 6, and with a little faith,("the f word", until recently, my "bane" as a scientist at heart until i realized that you HAVE to believe, or it won't work. See "uncertainty principle" for an explanation of simplified mind interaction with matter.

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Just to carry some of this latter stuff back to near the start of the thread:

The lake originally came into it because Arashi was imagining some 'collection' of waveforms that have no effect on any matter except that which exists in the constantly changing environment of the lake. IE, a lake spirit.

Lets say the harmonic vibration caused by the gazillions of tiny notes that make up this lake spirit resonated at the exact frequency that would be required for it to manifest a dense enough form for us to percieve its existence. Yet this giant 'chord' is only formed when this 'spirit' comes in contact with the unique characteristics of the lake mentioned above.

Arashi, you may be interested in a book by David Suzuki called Wisdom of the Elder's. It seems to relate to some of your beliefs. You have probably read it but I mention it 'just in case'.

I also noticed you mentioned something about infinity earlier. This is one of my beliefs. Basically to relate it to this thread a little:

It is possible that tomorrow it will rain frogs. However, it is extremely unlikely. Because the possibility exists however, it means that there is an absolute certainty that it is occuring 'somewhere'. This is one of the underlying principles of the term 'infinite'.

Basically, anything you can dream up already exists somewhere in the universe. Even if it is only created at the exact instant of your thought. Somehow it should be possible to move this remote certainty into our current present impossibility using mathematics or a belief structure of some kind. This would then lead itself to the ability to literally wish things into existence with a but a thought and a little applied philosophy/mathematics.

That was of course the extremely abbreviated version of the theory

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Wow. Thank you indeed. I've been studying religion for the past two years, coming from being a devout atheist. After finding what I perceived to be a pattern in all religions I started studying them a lot. I've read Aldous Huxley, Timothy Leary, Carlos Casteneda, and I've just gotten myself hooked on Dune after discovering the amount of truth in some of its concepts. Harmonics are new to me, only being linked in recently after being exposed to the Qabalah. Sacred Geometry, with my background, shouldn't be alien but somehow I missed that... Arg the things school never taught me...

You have given me a lot to chew on and research. This stuff is my bread and butter. I have a friend who's mother took a class in Hebrew... I'll have to go talk to her. As for the drug aspect, my friends have all said the same thing after taking any hallucinagens: they were changed forever. The altering of chemicals in the brain and reduction of Nicotite (A hallucinegen suppressor) opens the conciousness beyond the everyday trickle that Mr Huxley wrote of in the Doors of Perception. It would be interesting to see just how the brain chemistry of a Buddha or a Jesus would look... Something like a stabalized schizofrenic perhaps? Haha silly psychology major I am.

Anyway, thanks for the new direction of research friends. Though Im still not sure whether I should be thanking you or cursing you... do you know how many books Im gonna have to buy now?

Cheers

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by i8beefy2:
do you know how many books Im gonna have to buy now?
well, for sacred geometry you need to move on to crowley i'm afraid. just one of his books should last you a year.

if you have a good understanding of the qabalah and a solid understanding of the tarot, you should be fine.
i don't and hence i am (i think) still a long, long way away from making magick a part of my everyday life.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Surloch:
I also noticed you mentioned something about infinity earlier. This is one of my beliefs. Basically to relate it to this thread a little:

It is possible that tomorrow it will rain frogs. However, it is extremely unlikely. Because the possibility exists however, it means that there is an absolute certainty that it is occuring 'somewhere'. This is one of the underlying principles of the term 'infinite'.

Basically, anything you can dream up already exists somewhere in the universe. Even if it is only created at the exact instant of your thought. Somehow it should be possible to move this remote certainty into our current present impossibility using mathematics or a belief structure of some kind. This would then lead itself to the ability to literally wish things into existence with a but a thought and a little applied philosophy/mathematics.

But that only applies if the Universe is infinite in some real sense... if the possibility of something happening is anything less than 100% then you can only guarantee that it has happened after an infinite amount of time.

Even if there are infinite possibilities it doesn't follow that all of them must exist. Unless you're talking about some kind of Platonic "ideal forms" idea.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
quote:
i don't and hence i am (i think) still a long, long way away from making magick a part of my everyday life
now, if you walk away from this thread with anything, please let it be this...

you CAN work magic, you were born with everything you need. but doubting yourself, not feeling ready, not being sure if you can really do it, is the first major obstacle. wiccan magick is founded on the premise that you don't have to know jaaaack squat, as long as you put enough intent behind whatever you do to focus your energy. the main power behind magick is WILL. it's just like doing fire, that point where you have to clear your mind, and focus on nothing else. that is WILL. but simply spending time doing SOMETHING is amazingly productive. that's like saying, well, i can't do the btb buzzsaw, so i'm never doing poi again . need sexmagick to get motivated enough? do that. need to do a ceremony to get your brain on a certain level of attention? make one up. hop around and scream "i wanna BMW" until your toes fall off.
but don't do it so you can have cool powers. do it because that is the next place for us to evolve, and evolving is part of life, affirming your active participation.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
surloch...s'funny, i haven't gotten one single book recommendation yet in this thread, besides castaneda, that i have read already. looks like i got a lot of reading to do too.

took me a sec to really get your drift,(getting me back for my legendary incoherent babbling? get in line ) but once i did it grooved me. you might say the same thing about us, but then soon we get in to a chicken or the egg thing. your talking about the conditions that give rise to a manifestation, the smae thing goes whether it be a lake spirit or a people spirit. does the lake create the spirit, or does the spirit make the lake? just like with us, i don't know. all i know is, my spirit is here, and the lake spirit is there. if i can at least make people see that much, i'll be happy. your link didn't work but i'll check out the book. that's at least a pretty image!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by arashi:
but doubting yourself, not feeling ready, not being sure if you can really do it, is the first major obstacle. wiccan magick is founded on the premise that you don't have to know jaaaack squat, as long as you put enough intent behind whatever you do to focus your energy. the main power behind magick is WILL.
for bringing me back from the depths.

"do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

that line is what started me on this journey because it says just what you said above. your will *is* all magick is.
however, its easy to lose sight of that when you start trying to delve into greater pentagram rituals and get upset cos its all very confusing and you're not sure what invoking fire really means to you right now.
all that is just a means to an end -to achieve a higher focus.
maybe one day that'll work for me too

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah i need to take my own advice too !! i'm almost cripplingly shy sometimes... especially around cutie pies

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Even if there are infinite possibilities it doesn't follow that all of them must exist. Unless you're talking about some kind of Platonic "ideal forms" idea.

^--- this is not the case... This used to be the case... but then there was this wonderful leap in science called quantum mechanics that dictates that every particle has a twin and when something happens to one it happens to the other.. Which means that anytime I dream of something, it must be happening somewhere in the infinite possibilities of the now.. To put it a little simpler, think of things like this: we say something will happen if time goes on to infiinity, but we fail to realize that time is concept WE created.. Time is a dialectic like good and evil.. There is future and past.. All this means is that we're trying to put a reference point on the now.. The reality as Dr. Hawkins at MIT would put it, is that all possibilities are coexisting at this very moment, and we only percieve some of those possibilities. If we saw every possibility that was unfolding our mind would explode (not literally).. So we tune out certain possibilites, the same way a psychiatrist can train someone with minor schizophrenia to tune out the hallucinations.. It's not that the halluciantion isn't there anymore, we just train our mind not to notice it.. Which brings up a wierd thought itself that gets to the core of metaphysics... Do we exist only because others percieve us? It seems to be the case. We exist because we percieve ourselves.. The rocks exist because we percieve the rocks.. The hallucination only exists as long as we perceive it.. but I'm getting off topic.. just wanted to throw .02 in on that one..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't some Buddhist sect philosophy see it this way? The link to what we perceive as existence being only the meeting of preconditions, such as the flower only existing because the conditions (sun, earth, water, etc.) are there for it to be so. Extending to energy waves (Thank you for breaking me from the Bohr "model", that broke the rigidity on energy in my mind), something would exist because the energy that makes up its "atoms" is vibrating on a level to present that precondition for "rock" or "steel". This is where harmonics comes in and I get fuzzy and i need to go read some books.

So basically, its not that it exists only because we are here to perceive it, but that our mind solidifies the harmonic tone in our mind as a form. Makes sense, anyone who watched Star Trek can't wait for replicators. We basically build and live our lives around manipulating these forms and not the harmonic vibration itself, which would allow for fluidic manipulation of anything. And if harmonics were the form of everything, then would it follow that the stronger the form, the more perfect the harmonic vibrations, thus perfection or enlightenment would be the perfection of harmonic vibration, allowing for perception of tetraspace and other dimensions (Like in Casteneda's onion model), eventually reaching the ultimate "form" which is God? Thus the energy of God which flowed down the Tree of Life (Qabalah) would be broken up harmonics from the perfect, like manipulating waves of sound in mid air?

Would it also follow then that our perception is based totally off of Harmonics and it is only our mind/body that forms it into a world around us that we are familiar with? Then changing our perception so we return to raw sensory perception, or perhaps energy body perception (Which is just really direct harmonic knowledge) would allow for the perception of the "true nature of a thing" as in Buddhist philosophy, by simply understanding its harmonic composition. Then it would NOT be impossible to understand tetraspace or other dimensions, however it would require a complete shift in our harmonic understanding and composition to reach and perceive in those dimensions.

Am I way off here, or is my feeble attempt to formulate a hypothesis based on all this uber-cool info you have introduced me to actually making sense?

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sure, makes sense to me. two things to think about.
1. yes, this solidified reality (10, malkuth, the reality we percieve) is not an illusion. it is our perception of it which is inherently paradoxical. so, going to those other realms is real too, but so is this. we shift and phase through realities. but you knew that. key is, the bridge between the energy levels (from solid matter to a higher harmonic, like 5th dimensional "astral" type dimension) is related to "quantum leap". enough energy must be present for your body/mind, the wonderful machine which has evolved to do all this stuff, to do it's thing. so if you don't even believe in those energies, how would you possibly be able to work with them and make the leap, unless you are doing something that builds up energy, without even realizing it. like falling in love or saving a persons life, in those moments it seems easy for us to FEEL something special, that feeling of connectedness which psychologists have a word for, can't remember, been too long since i busted out the psychology texts... not epiphany, but the same thing. you know, erickson, the "wholly evolved human" level.
2. we CAN manipulate the universe, like you said, that's all we've really been doing, but we only consciously try to do it with the "matter". course, as we all know, matter is dense, and making changes takes time. (damn it's taking a while to build my fire empire ) but changes on an astral plane can happen instantly. in other planes our minds create things instantly. so if your mind is a wild horse, you can't even stay there for long because you will get distracted and think about something else annd poof! you're gone, back here, thinking about that totally gorgeous songbird of a godess with lips resplendent as the shores of the Ganges you saw last night who gave you that smile which is causing your heart to ffffffffry itself to a crispy nugget...uhhh, sorry, digression again i seem to be distracted here... as an analogy. reprogramming of the mind normally could take years, but we found that major reprogramming could happen in hours given a little LSD and some responsible shamanistic guidance.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
rev, i gotta say. i'm with you on the whole infinity thing. infinite everything, everywhere, what else could there be? at the very least, there is this much...

infinite potential.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
well see you also have to account for the fact that our body recieves and interprets information on levels we aren't consciously aware of and these factors also play into our perceptual image of the world.. Pheromones, sounds, even light have affects on our body that we aren't conscious of... So the model we have of the world, is like a graphical model (think computer monitor) of the data (think binary info sent to the moitor) that we perceive whether it be conscious or unconscious.. by undergoing shamanic rituals, through dance, or through drugs, we can radically change our perceptions.. Seeing tracers, auras, hallucinations.. All of this is really just the attunement to different harmonics resonating.. The same thing we do when we dance to the beat.. Our bodies reverberate if you will to the harmonics and melodies in the music..

I'll let you guys chew on that for a bit before I throw out more..

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Ok, I only went up through Calc I in school... It seems I have a lot of reading to go through after evaluating string theory (Head wobbles from overload). Can you suggest any other books to add to my collection here? Specifically the science / math heavy stuff, I feel I'm out of my league here and need some background in that area to augment my more abstract understanding of these concepts...

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
well..
A lot of the stuff I was talking about it computer programming.. binary being a basis for everything else.. The computer breaks everything down eventually into binary.. 1's and 0's.. basically everything is yes and no.... light is cooler because it is trinary.. it can be marked as yes, no, and maybe... we typically function mathwise on a 10 based system(0-9).. 10 based makes calcualtions easier.. computers function on higher levels using higher bases such as hexadecimal (I know that's not the right term) which uses 0-9 and A-F... thus a=10, b=11, etc.. but you have to get to 16 before you hit double digits... but everything breaks down into numbers..

The harmonic, natural frequency, and such goes all the way back to pythagoras and the golden shapes etc.. It basically states that every shape has a frequency and when we percieve that frequency we recognize it as a triangle.. so to make a long story short, each element resonates at a frequency... everything being complex arrangements of elements resonates with a harmonic that we recognize as dog, rock, whatever.. so the spirit or essence of everything, the theological soul or spirit of something is really just it's reverberation... To put it in physics terms think of it like this.. a sound is a wave within a particular range.. light is also a wave at a certain frequency range etc.. same for sound and smell (which is why to some degree at least sharks and such can smell in the water).. so all of our perceptions are just noticing of all of these frequencies..

brings a whole new meaning to feeling the vibe...

I know this doesn't point you in the right direction (bookwise) but at least it gives you more understanding into where we are going and where we arecoming from..
or at least my take on it lol... I've always been on a different frequency then everyone else..

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
While I'm waiting for my new books to arive, perhaps you guys could clear up two points which I fail to see the connection with: gravity and light. Would light's dual wave/particle nature be explained away as a fluctuation between tetraspace and the 3rd dimension? And gravity somehow the 4th dimensional axis manifesting in 3rd? Would it then follow that fusion / fission, anti-gravity, hyperspace, replication and the like are all hinging on our ability to understand the way 4th dimensional space relates to us?

Oh, and if 4th dimensional space is a plane of thought, as you described things popping into existence with thought, this would fit even more closely with Buddhist thought wouldn't it? Silencing the mind in order to transcend to perception of the fourth dimension would make sense then, as perhaps everything around us simply DOES exist because our true selves (astral selves, the shadow of which would be our aura as perceived in 3rd dimensional space) think it, thus we are our own creation. Silencing thought would then stop the recreation of ourselves and allow us to pass on to the fourth dimensional true self after death.

And is anyone familiar with the Philadelphia experiment? I heard a breif description of what is purported to have happened and it seems to kind of fit with this discussion.

Man, I wish we did have transporters... there's so many books that I don't want to wait on UPS for...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
we've been getting pretty philosophical for a while now and so i'm gonna try to post more transdimensional science... more philo from me later.
first...totally dig everything rev said. keep it coming! while i believe that infinite parallel unverses is possible, and certainly can be plausible scientifically, i don't really rely on it's existence as a provable fact. i don't know anybody who has experienced such things as parallel selves etc., but transdimensional life, auras, astral planes and other transdimensional realities? all over the world, gobs of people, and most old mystic teachings believe it. that's where my focus is. one step at a time, you know.

thing is, all these mathematical descriptions of 4th and 5th dimensions, harmonics and other pythagorean classifications, and stuff, are merely representations to help us grok ( understand), or equations, or images. the ultimate thing to remember, is that the place really exists somewhere. RIGHT HERE> it's not a concept, it's a whole "universe", one and the same with our own, and reactive with it, related to it, evolving with it. but as we said, different rules apply in the n dimension (oh maybe that's what bender meant by "n dimension" i mean like n as a variable, n being any number.) anyway in the n dimension some things would change- time, distance, electromagnetic facts, and most probably what causes "wave forms"( ) to do "newtonian" things like, how you have to take out your garbage?, and what that entails (for instance what if there were no inertia? what would that do to that eons- old chore? seems like you could move things with your mind, doesn't it? ) try to imagine that as a reality, and not a concept, and you get weird possibilities. to meeeee, it seems a lot like "descrtiptions" of astral plane and also, *ahem* DREAMS. you know those were coming, right? so our astral selves are connected to us, right? and why can't we verify them by anything other than experience? and why can't we experience them unless we want to train our minds to focus on that reality? hopefully you know these answers by now.

[ 06. April 2003, 22:38: Message edited by: arashi ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
note, that i have not once yet talked about the soul, or reincarnation, or life after death. what i am talking about is related to this verifiable universe. the rest, heh, i don't know, it's cool to talk about, but... one step at a time. not that i don't BELIEVE it. what i "BELIEVE" is a variable, doesn't really "figure in with my calculations."

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
hmm, would like to say more, but I have some reading to do today, some references here I'd like to get some quotes on from the buddhist teachings I've read. Alot of this discussion has been interesting to me as well because of my background, even my introduction of magick is, well as a good friend and teacher told me, "It just is". It takes alot for me to place into words things that have served as foundations for other teachings, what some of you have so eloquently done. Where to start, hmm...Think I'm finally getting a grasp on harmonics, I think Rev. cleared it up alot for me, thanks, and spiral, I think I like the term 'wave function' much better. Kind of ties in with the number, I think called the golden mean in qabbalism(Like the movie PI?)..Electromagnetic field true, but there are ways of breaking down this EM into pieces/parts if we look at major energy centers, what frequencies they use, and(to tie into magick a bit) what they can be used for...

rftek, btw, I looove gibson..His near future stories I think will ring closest to the truth in our future..It's not a bright shiny future, it's vast, complex, grimy at times, global, ahh..this would better be started on a better thread

funny you should mention Tesla, you're very right. Tesla's coil relies on resonance to transmit electricity(instead of binary data through the air, and this was furthered in his idea for the power grid..He even has a quote to answer something Rev. says about perception, which I believe as well

quote:
Contrary to the most important tenet of Cartesian philosophy that the perceptions of the mind are illusionary, the eye transmits to it the true and accurate likeness of external things. This is because light propagates in straight lines and the image cast on the retina is an exact reproduction of the external form and one which, owing to the mechanism of the optic nerve, can not be distorted in the transmission to the brain. What is more, the process must be reversible, that in to say, a form brought to consciousness can, by reflex action, reproduce the original image on the retina just as an echo can reproduce the original disturbance If this view is borne out by experiment an immense revolution in all human relations and departments of activity will be the consequence.
However I think the Rev.s statement on perception goes back to the buddhist idea that behind all of our 'bodies', ideas, and perceptions there is but one stream of consciousness..Or perhaps you were referring to Socrate's allegory of the cave?

Lot's of conspiracies about using tesla's ideas on harmonics to control the weather, mass auto suggestion, even ala HAARP, but thats another thread too

Also, nice words on magick, and what I call determinalism, focusing self will to acheive certain goals. And coleman, one thing that should be known about magick as well as the need for ritual. Ritual is there simply to reinforce in your mind of what your purposes/intent really is..I believe ritual is uneccessary once one has a grasp of advanced tenets of magickal usage. Certain shapes, words, phrases have or initiate vibrations within us so we are able to do what we set out initially to do. They are always simply an aide, the real power is in us(hope I don't sound wiccan eh ) This is what I've been taught from the beginning, and subsequently one reason why I haven't studied the qaballah or even delved into sacred geometry, I haven't found a need for it yet. Read crowley, but I don't agree with everything he says, and I definitely don't agree with what he did with certain rituals/traditions that he shouldn't have. The point is, start small, even to read crowley you have to start small, beginning to read him is like throwing a 10000 piece puzzle out on the floor. Some pieces you don't fit together until the third book. Teachers help us with the basic building blocks, and move onto more complicated symbols laster on. I personally have stayed away from little more than the required initiation rites, everything in time. I personally believe harmony/balance must be acheived first, which requires awareness of our energy space(micro), and the world space(macro). And it's harder than one would think to simply acheive this, but it provides a stable platform for transforming energies later on. I've always been taught to master yourself first, for it's the core of what we do. After you are aware of everything(energies included) you are capable of, or realize our archetypes, you are in control of your self on another level. Anyways, ramblin ramblin ramblin..Point is, focused determination takes time and patience, and an open mind. And as arashi said, a belief, because it powers our will..Also, invoking fire right now will introduce you to your favorite element, will it not? Much can be acheived through a greater harmony with certain elements. Cole I can give you some exercises to try out if you would like..It's the same thing when learning anything, explore, explore, but have reverence for the art, and approach it in a scientific manner..

Also, i8Beefy, the buddhist concept you're referring to, that rev was refferring to is basically the law of cause and effect, is one way to demonstrate how we all are related, part of the same stream. Think of all the workers that worked on your monitor, their families, the people who provided them with food(ala butcher r somethin) so they could work, their landlords who provided them with a place to stay. It all points to the fact that we are all connected, and the a tug on one strand will have an effect on another, generating a chain of events that we'll never know the complete end result of, I think that chain is infinite, I do..

Hmm, quieting your mind to expand your perception on other dimensions is a noble undertaking, but it takes much practice to perceive everything that can be perceived in this plane, much less others..Remember other beings may exist in another plane, but can manifest in ours as well.

Speakin of which, who here has tried DMT??

bloody trekkies

[ 07. April 2003, 00:38: Message edited by: musashii ]

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

1,148 posts

Posted:
Incredible article by tesla, rite on topic eh

quote:
Man, however, is not an ordinary mass, consisting of spinning atoms and molecules, and containing merely heat-energy. He is a mass possessed of certain higher qualities by reason of the creative principle of life with which he is endowed. His mass, as the water in an ocean wave, is being continuously exchanged, new taking the place of the old. Not only this, but he grows propagates, and dies, thus altering his mass independently, both in bulk and density. What is most wonderful of all, he is capable of increasing or diminishing his velocity of movement by the mysterious power he possesses by appropriating more or less energy from other substance, and turning it into motive energy. But in any given moment we may ignore these slow changes and assume that human energy is measured by half the product of man's mass with the square of a certain hypothetical velocity. However we may compute this velocity, and whatever we may take as the standard of its measure, we must, in harmony with this conception, come to the conclusion that the great problem of science is, and always will be, to increase the energy thus defined.

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
DMT one of the only hallucinogins that you can do in your lunch break.. a very intense short trip sideways... quite a powerful key, best used with care, concentration and intent..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

1,148 posts

Posted:
and someone with experience to bring you back to this plane safely

Ars Pyronomica

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok I missed something with that whole gravity/light thing beefy through out.. gravity is manifested by tiny particles called gravitons.. don't know what a graviton is, save that it gives us 2 decimal places better accuracy to pretend there is...

umm, about the perception thing.. I only look at it as binary/trinary/etc. because you ahve to realize that our bodies transmit all of our experiences to cells.. after all our body doesn't have DNA of it's own so to speak.. I think of that cellular communication to be much like binary when compared to say my conscious memory.. the higher we go up, the higher the level of functioning. Binary for cells; trinary for light; base 10 for conscious; etc.. because after all, light reflecting on those lines etc, is still nothing but math... and I guess I just relate easier looking at it from the computer standpoint..

this kind of raises a funny thought.. our cells interacting with each other are virtually identical to human communities.. as far as our cells know, their world may look something close to ours.. when you break it down to representation.. think about the whole computer code/monitor example.. or even your tv..

there's so much more I could say, but I still haven't slept from the party last night.. I don't think I would be good at explaining much right now..

Page: ...