Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I just blocked my flatmate on msn (he is currently at work) before I say something really, really nasty.

When we moved in, he bought a second hand washing machine and I warned him that it was probably being sold because it was dodgy. And what would you know? the first time we used it, it flooded the laundry. I was the only one home at the time, and I had all the towels in the linen closet trying to clean up the mess but when i called him at work and asked where he kept his towels he said "only if you absolutely HAVE to use it" wanker.
We now have a technique for not flooding the laundry, but every now and again it still happens. And it did today. And i told him. And he crapped on about how I'd been using it enough that I should know, cos he had only used it a few times and it had never flooded on him. read that, a "few times" and we have been living here since january. he takes his washing home to his mummy and daddy or to his fiancee. so out of the 3 times he has used it, it hasnt flooded. but i've used it far more than 3 and i have flooded it a few times. they're a bit unfair odds, don't you rekon?

and thats only what's pissing me off now...

So c'mon! rant away about your flatmates! I want to scream and yell at mine, but I know he can't be the worst! he just gets under my skin about a heap of little things.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well since most of my flatmates post on this board i wont be saying anything... smile

(not that i need to cos their all lovely ubbrollsmile )

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hmmm... i think my "flat mate" should do more housework tongue

he prolly thinks the same of me though smile

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mine doesn't do any housework. but that's not a problem. cos he is never home to make a mess. however he still sooks and complains when there IS mess that me and my other flatmate haven't cleaned up. but not like he does anything other than sleep and shower at home anyways. oh, and heat up frozen pizza for every meal and wonder why he is getting porky.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

Okay...best thing to do...

Tell them all that the last time you checked, you didn't give birth to them so, their F*****g mama don't live there....

And maids get paid!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I can't wait til him and his fiancee get married and move in together. They're going to be worthy of a crap reality tv show...oh wait! no they won't! cos they'll never be home for the cameras to see them cos they will run off to their parents' houses all the time!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have the greatest housemate in the world! biggrin

Then again, I used to live with "two social retards" (as described by two of my friends, independently) so its about time I had great company.

ubbrollsmile

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Its not like you have to use his washing machine. Get one that works.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PsyRush

Its not like you have to use his washing machine. Get one that works.

I was going to say something similar, but then thought perhaps it's not in the spirit of the thread, and that maybe rougie just needed to have a vent, sans rational input! ubbrollsmile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
PsyRush, it sounds like you're not a student on minimum wage and maybe 10 hours a week.

Flash, thanks hug

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
In the spirit of the thread, *engage rant mode*

I've moved out now, but my old housemate and his girlfriend did my head in. He was useless with money, he'd buy stuff he couldn't afford on finance (examples: a 43inch telly, a PSP, a £500 digital camera), and sold them a few months later because he couldn't afford the repayments. Or the bills, which I ended up paying for 6 months. He still owes me £400 quid.....

His girlfriend was stupid and lazy, she was there a whole year and she never worked the whole time. And I know she didn't bother looking, because I used to come home and she'd be sat on the sofa in exactly the same place EVERY day watching Charmed. Great. And she was completely idiotic. Classic example: while watching Right Said Fred's "I'm too sexy" video, she says "you know, I'm not sure but I think he might be gay". Bwahahahahaha

Suffice to say I legged it and moved back in with my parents a few months ago. Best thing I've done in ages!

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
An old rant, but hopefully it will make Rougie feel better!

I used to live with 2 pretty cool guys but we had a clash of lifestyles. I was saving up to go to Oz and so was working my office job during the day and a bar job in the evenings and weekends. At the time I was also rehearsing for a play I was in 2 or 3 times a week and making time to see my then girlfriend. So I liked coming home and going to bed. My flatmates, on the other hand, liked coming home with all their drunk mates from the pub and carrying on drinking and taking drugs til all hours of the morning. By the time I left on my travels it had got to the point where they would have all the friends round from Friday evening to Sunday night, occasionally the early hours of Monday morning as well as a coupe of nights during the week ad they would wreck the flat. You know when you've stayed overnight at a house party and you wake up to find the room full of overflowing ashtrays, half full glasses and bottles everywhere and you have to pick your way through the debris? that was my living room most mornings. And you know when you turn up to a party full of people halfway through, you're stone cold sober and everyone else is roaring drunk, and you only know a couple of people? That was my living room most evenings. Things came to a head when I got back from Australia a month later. Noone else was in but I knew the place was going to be a sty as it was a Sunday. When I walked in I was so embarrassed by the mess I couldn't ask my parents to stay for a cup of tea after they'd kindly picked me up from the airport. Just as well really as when I went to make one for myself I couldn't find anything clean to drink out of. And I mean nothing. Not a mug, cup, glass, anything. Picking my way through the living room I found a measuring jug someone had been using to drink wine from. I made my way upstairs to sort out my stuff, walked into my room and was hit full in the face by the smell of sick. I had expected my room to be used by people crashing and had taken appropriate precautions with my more valuable belongings but what I had not expected was for someone to be sick into a coffee mug and just leave it on the window ledge. I have no idea how long it had been there but it stank. I just got changed and went out and got extremely drunk. The place was still empty when I got home again but still in the same state. I got rid of the mug in my room, opened the windows and passed out. When I saw my flatmates the next day I made it clear to them I was not happy (even though by then they'd tidied up), spent as little time as I could in the flat and moved out about 6 weeks later.

I still see the pair of them every now and then and we get on pretty well. And we did have some fun while we were there, but those last few months were an absolute nightmare!

edit- sorry folks, that wasn't supposed to turn into an essay!!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
this morning and yesterday morning one of my house mates has woken me up at 9 30 with a cup of tea ubblove not sure why im getting this star treatment but its lovely and is the only thing to put a smile on my face thoughout this whole week which has been one of the most depressing in my life <(melodrama mode). my house mates rocks. peace

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
my mummy is over protective ubbangel

so glad i'm moving out in febuary.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
moving to melb? cos said annoying flatmate is moving out in feb!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

my mummy is over protective ubbangel

so glad i'm moving out in febuary.

ditto
but i think its gonna be 4 years for me frown

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
nope not melb, although that would've been awesome.

whoraclemember
47 posts

Posted:
ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr my flatmate is an utter $%%&*& £$%^^$$ excuse the french. if his missus uses my lush stuff one more time i will insert where the monkey puts the nuts....

rant over smile

Fiction is based on reality unless you're a fairy-tale artist, you have to get your knowledge of life from somewhere. You have to know the material you're writing about before you alter it... hunter s

baddersSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Well my flatmate is head over heels in love with me and i just DON'T feel the same way at all. He is also my exboyfriend's (who I am still completely in love with) best friend. It's rather like a soap opera don't you think?

Well it certainly feels like one!

I may loose people. I may even loose my mind. But there's one thing I never loose....and that's the beat!

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
one of my flat mates gets drunk and abusive to me and the other girlie in my flat... not nice behaviour... cried on him the other day tho so think he's feeling really bad about it at the mo... on of my other flat mates is amaaazing tho. we have jumping on bed contests and everthing smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
My housemate is very funny, cool, witty, intellectual, charming, oooh wait a minute thats me. I LIVE ALONE!!! ubblol ubblol
Sorry Rougie had to comment tho!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
mmmm... I currently live back at my ma;s place... so I don;t think that counts, cos ya can;t bag out ya mum...

prior to that I was living with my 2 youngest kids... and they were fabulous roomies biggrin I would have both of em back in a second...

so... I guess that means I got nothing...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
I got...my 18 year old BOY that likes to walk around the house singing stuff like *...the lap dance is always better when the stripper is crying...*

...and my 11 year old girl that can argue the horns off of a billy goat, sooooo...

Should I rant or be thankful??? umm tongue

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
a lil from column A... and...
a lil from column B... ubblol

I so do not need isaac (6) to hear that song, cos he would absolutely LOVE it...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
ubblol Now THAT would be something to see!.....especially considering that the next line goes...
*I find it such a thrill...when she grinds me against her will*
ubblol

My boy is a bit on the insane side, he is!!! rolleyes shrug

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
George and Kostas...The Bollok-Brained Brothers. The pair who have made me want to throw things at Greeks ever since.

They had a computer that only worked at 4 in the morning if it had half a dozen people shouting at it (apparently). I used to turn the electricity off at the fusebox to get some sleep (it was in the middle of my final university exams). Dispite being electonics students neither of them figured this out and are convince to this day there's an electricity kerfew in Portsmouth.

I had a rather good flatmate at one point called Dave the Yeti; you saw his shoes, you heard his footsteps, you saw the phoneline leading into his room but you could go weeks without seeing him.

On a similar note an ex of mine had a flatmate who died and he didn't notice for 6 weeks (!)

My present one is rather nice; its precisely 3 months saturday until I marry him.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eera

My present one is rather nice; its precisely 3 months saturday until I marry him.

does he know about this? ubbloco

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I'll send him an invite.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eera

I'll send him an invite.

ubblol it a trick, luring him in with the promise of free food!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i got kicked out because one of my roommates thought i was sleeping with all the boys that came over
heaven forbid the woman have male friends
and of course my ex

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed