jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
I did this earlier today and it blew me away. don't know what it would be called or even which catagory it would fall into. it can come out of a

corkscrew or an over head butterfly/TTN or maybe a few random atomic tricks. say you're doing the corkscrew, from right to left in front of you from

your view point. you would leave your left arm in the air over your head as your right arm comes across the front of your body and under your left arm

to a point where it should hit you in your right kidney. but instead you duck (bend at the waist) and do a horizontal spin behind your back... but above

you. at this time, you would bring your left poi down to the bottom of the corkscrew. which would leave you in this slightly twisted and ogrishly

slumped version of a one armed straight jacket in the ceiling plane. getting out is the really tricky part. when your left arm goes back above your head,

your right poi will be coming around for you again. and there's a good chance of either hitting yourself or wrapping you right poi around your left arm... or

even worse, your head. so it may be necessary for you to do either a leg wrap or an Isolation in order to give yourself the necessary space to get the poi out

from under your arm, unless you've got a good technique for flipping yourselfupside down. any other questions, just ask. I cannot get a video of it

at the moment however, but hopefully someone can do this and can get a video.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sounds vaguely matrix-y.

cheers jaero smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
dude this sounds very similar to something i was playing with a couple of weeks back, but horizontal.

-from right to left corkscrew- when you get to the last bit where your right is above your back, and left is on the down beat infront, you should be able to twist over so your bent backwards (left arm across top spinning under your right shoulder for one beat, and right arm across chest under left but spinning above you for one beat)

then swap positions of poi (right behind left shoulder, left above your chest) and twist left again so your bending forward.

you should then be facing the floor again with right poi under you and left arm under right armpit spinning above your back.

Then bring your right up for the top beat and follow it with the left back into corkscrew. *deep breath*

so it goes 1 beat at a time, move poi - move body - move poi - move body - move poi.
obviously its more of a 45 degree angled corkscrew, but ive been doing this all vertical starting from windmill, its just a case of adding tilt to it.

does that make any sense to anybody?????? im tired so prob not! ubblol
but yeah, its a wicked set of moves.

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
another variation of this maneuver would come out of an overhead thread the needle. swinging the poi towards eachother in front of you.
you swing the right poi around your back (around mid rib cage), duck it (as mentioned above) leaving your left hand high, but then...
you do a 180 twist to your left and proceed to do a double thread the needle kind of bent over backwards to get out of it and back into an overhead ttn.
that was one hell of a run on sentence.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
too... much... random.... paragraphing.... feeeling.... weak...

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti