Forums > Social Chat > Why Brit's are better at meteor and one-handed poi: An Essay

Login/Join to Participate

BlueHairSarstranger
22 posts

Posted:
Today is quite the rainy day, here in western Massachusettes. I was on my way to circus practice, carring my poi my left hand, diabolo over the shoulder, and umbrella in the right hand. "Hmm, I have poi on me," I thought, so, of course, I began to swing them around. I tried the one handed butterfly (starting without the help of my other hand, 'tis trixy) and the equivelent of 3-beat and corkscrew-ed meteor with both poi in one hand. I managed to get my one-handed butterfly started a couple times, and each time ended with me hitting my umbrella and messing it up. However, I would most likely have not been "practicing" these things had it not been for my lovely umbrella, which was occuping my right hand becuase of the splendid rain.

The moral? One-handed poi and meteor is an artfull skill when coupled with umbrella holding. And, as it typically rains much more frequently in GB, you folks must practice these skills quite a good bit more.

The End.

(I apologize, I'm procrastinating on homework...)

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
so that's the secret

ubbrollsmile bounce ubbrollsmile
clap clap clap

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i'm from the uk and i'm rubbish at one handed poi and meteor

however, when it rains, i get wet

excellent theory

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Indeed.

And Andy Haus is not-too-bad at meteor at all... and he's German.

Although, it still rains in Germany, so maybe your theory is right after all

biggrin

tongue

Getting to the other side smile

scottydogGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
well, i think real brits arent afraid of the rain, and therefore do not bother with an umbrella, and therefore dont one hand met or poi, when it rains...
i think the real reason is that me and my friends try to drink, smoke and spin at the same time. i may be wrong but thats my theory....
beerchug

anyone ever come to aldeburgh and feel like a beach session, just give me a call.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
ooh talent

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed