Forums > Videos > Firepoi done by a glowstringer?

Login/Join to Participate

R3DLIN3
R3DLIN3

Total posts: 9
Posted:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHVwXtrwZws
br>well, I've been glowstringing for about a year and a half... and touched up on fire poi about 7 months ago... It's not myself at the best but it's something I compiled for my friends who were by my side... Feedbacks and/or critiques would be nice... smile

Delete Topic

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:when i read "glowstringer" ... erm imediate thought was eeek another video to skip.
But being as it is sunday today and my inlaws just arrived for lunch i just watched your video... and im glad i did.

I was expecting the typical things that you would get... pounding music that makes you cringe loads of wraps and strange glowsticking moves done at incredibly high velocity... how wrong was I ?

totally wrong indeed... awsome video, and a nice track you used too.
Nice transitions of moves and certainly a mixed variety of moves and consistently flowing, there were elements of some complex technical poi and for some one thats been doing poi for a year and a half.. congrats, you impressed me for sure.
What i liked most was the use of long arm poi moves and mixed varity of flowers and the simplicity of how you made every thing flow.
Thanks for sharing that, most impressed for a video thread with glowstringer in its title wink

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:very nice vid
(no sound for me-at work)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

R3DLIN3
R3DLIN3

Total posts: 9
Posted:thanks for the comments, you two... I could have done better but then my mind went somewhere else when I was making this video... so, I skipped out on the other things I wanted to incorporate... maybe on my next one, or something...

Delete

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:making videos when spinning can allways go that way, it used to bum me out having practiced things for weeks then when it came to doing a new video i forget to put them in... plus if your self directing i used to find that that put me off too because i was worried more about how the lighing was, how the shot will turn out etc.

However dont dig yourself, i loved it and look forward to seeing other videos from you.

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:Yep... lovely vid, thanks for sharing

smile

Getting to the other side smile