Page:
Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Mmmk, just a small video I did inside with a stick that i've been just playin around with for a while now. Don't be harsh, I know I suck. ^_^ Anyways here's a link to my first recorded attempt.

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2756192365810127551&hl=en

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
it wasnt too bad, i wouldnt say you suck at all. with the throws you might want to try catching in the opposite hand you throw in so you dont have to stop and change direction, but i'm sure you know that cause you did do it a few times.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

JamesandpieBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Wow, I wouldn't say you suck at all. Your transitions around your back are really really smooth, have you ever spun fire before? Definately keep it up though, some very impressive fast spinning there. smile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Jamesandpie

some very impressive fast spinning there.

*giggles* ubbangel

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
man and i was just feeling good about my spinning

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

NightRunnermember
20 posts

Posted:
Don't sell yourself short. The drops aren't as noticeable if you don't apologize for them wink

Was that a remix of an old 9PM track? Ahh, that takes me back...

Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
The song allegedly according to my records is Don't Stop by ATB.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NightRunner

The drops aren't as noticeable if you don't apologize for them wink

next stage find a fun way to pick them up so it looks like you meant to drop it in the 1st place ubbrollsmile

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Cartwheels!!!

Love is the law.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
the solution to everything if u can do them

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
or learn to spin using your feet.. you can create a little leg spin with a hop makes you look ike your skipping wink but I've never done it on fire so it may not be so good...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I'm very limited in my learning space for the small probably 5 by 8 feet of room I have....plus a cieling so it's no fun to try and do huge throws.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Stick it on your shoulders!!!!!
Go the Way Of The Contact wink

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mavado

I'm very limited in my learning space for the small probably 5 by 8 feet of room I have....plus a cieling so it's no fun to try and do huge throws.

dont they have parks where you live?

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

Written by: Mavado

dont they have parks where you live?

might not have any dry ones... frown

Or feel guilt-trippy when going out to play when there's a load of work to be done.

It scares me... I've had to resort to POI (wtf?!) as I can play indoors. No room to swing a cat, let alone a stick

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
use a smaller staff?

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

use a smaller staff?

Might have to take up baton... and keep it to finger things the amount of space at the mo eek

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
i really dont see what peoples problem is with practicing with small things are. i practice double staffs with 30cm aluminium pipes in my bedroom as the metal makes them feel as heavy as a longer staff. works fine for me.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

i really dont see what peoples problem is with practicing with small things are. i practice double staffs with 30cm aluminium pipes in my bedroom as the metal makes them feel as heavy as a longer staff. works fine for me.

Never contemplated such a glaringly obvious thought... redface

minor detail I'll still have to find me some wee scraps to play with at some pint...

Meg... got any cut offs?
ubbangel

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: why

minor detail I'll still have to find me some wee scraps to play with at some pint...

Meg... got any cut offs?
ubbangel

haha, yeah to make my practice contact staffs i have to buy two meters of piping and then have it cut down to 5 ft, so i end up getting a proper lenght 5ft prac. contact staff and a little 50cm spinny toy that fits in the tiniest spaces wink

true its not ideal for practicing everything, but you can still have fun with it.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: why

Meg... got any cut offs?
ubbangel

come back to edinburgh and see! ubbrollsmile hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

come back to edinburgh and see! ubbrollsmile hug

I guess... might be able to pop across one wednesday, or this weekend or something... really should be working tho... exams b4 crimbo frown

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
edin-burrrrrrr!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

edin-burrrrrrr!

glas-soggy umm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
more like Glas-goooooooooooooooooo! go on! Leave! COme to ed!

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

more like Glas-goooooooooooooooooo! go on! Leave! COme to ed!

prefer the weigi vets to the royal dick vets
and the uni-kempo is fun...

but other than that sure...

hug
I miss you guys

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yup... hug

missed in ed too.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
can i join this thread of sop?

waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

(sorry mavado)
(incidentally, you're pretty good, don't get yourself down. just look out for your 'dinosaur arm' a bit though biggrin )

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

can i join this thread of sop?

no? wink

hug

oh yeah... thread may have had SLIGHT hijacking...
sorry redface

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Not bad at all. Just a tip when you get it behind your head with your hand over your shoulder just drop it and catch it with your other hand.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

Mavadonewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Mmmk, hehe, I forgot about this until just about....5 minutes ago that I actually posted something....mmmk.

-Well, about the parks we don't have many at all where I live except a few about thirty minutes away...and I don't feel too comfortable spinning in public.
-About the practice with smaller things....I would but this is already light enough, and small compared to other staves...It's only about three feet long at most and weighs hardly anything.
-About the baton spinning, I found some old rusty metal stick thing and was doing that as just a little side thing when I get bored at loading times and stuff...it was fun and all but I got pissed off one day and hit the corner of a wall with it and it's hard to spin a baton that has a 90 degree angle in it...
-About the spinning small and heavier things like a metal pipe or whatever it is made out of....Well, walls are thin...and metal is heavy...and dropping it makes it go WOOOOSH! to the wall....and heavy metal + thin drywall = big ol' hole in my precious orange walls.

Uhh....not sure if theres anymore to answer althoughhhhhh...What is this dinosaur arm thing?!? I mean I know that my free hand looks a bit silly with whatever it is doing while the other one is spinning and I have noticed it myself but I'm not too good at focusing on how I look as I do what I like...as long as i'm comfortable then I say i'm doing it right. ^_^

Page: